What would be your Mob refresh ?

I just had that silly idea since we're (a lot) talking about the next refreshes of DST characters and peoples are coming out with fantastic stuff.

If we wad to make a refresh for some of the actual stuff regarding game's creatures, on who and what would you focus on ?

On my side I'd pick bats, cuz' I like them but they don't like anyone of us on the game :/

And I will LITERALLY pick bats so I can fix this ! What do I mean ? Well, for those who knows old facts on Don't Starve, maybe you've noticed than bats have an unused inventory icon, which is this one :

2.png.5ac346cf8fb839e2e46ff844e14ac442.png

(If you want as well your own inventory bat, simply use this command )

local bat = SpawnPrefab("bat") bat:AddComponent("inventoryitem") ThePlayer.components.inventory:GiveItem(bat)

K, so your first question might be "Whatcha gonna do with a bat ?"

Hmm... First, let's get the bat's trust ! You don't want the lil' devil to munch your fingers, don't you ? For that, we'd need to give the bat some food daily and after 3 days or so, she'll looks slightly more peaceful and you can now pet the bat to maximise your friendship, if you do it before getting her trust, she'll bite you and escape from your inventory (You just get what you deserved! /s)

If things go well, according to character examination quotes, you should think about releasing the bat and... oh wow, she's friendly and follow you !

Now what can a bat do ? Bat stuff of course ! Such as catching bugs ! Now you have your own flying Bug Net, bats will catch Mosquitoes, Butterflies, Bees (WAIT DON'T DO THAT!), and even Fireflies. And give them back to you if she's not hungry, keep your bat happy.

Something funny I had in mind is also to make them a good ally in caves during earthquakes, like... when it starts, your bat will rise and reflect a shadow on top of you, so you know where she is. If a rock is about to fall on you, the bat will deflect its direction so you don't have to avoid it (must be some dark magic). If there's multiple rocks, you'd need multiple bats, they can't get all of your bad luck in the same time, do it worth it to have more bats ? If you ask a bat-lover, such as me : yes.

SO ! That was quite a long but complete idea of mine, I'm also looking for your ideas, dunno, I might be in the mood of doing a bat taming mod or something from what you have in mind...:wilson_curious:

If you wanna be inspired in case you don't have a crush on a mob already that needs your crazy ideas,

you can look at the mobs page of the wiki. See you bellow !

I'm not sure if this counts as a refresh,but i'll talk about some QoL changes that i think would be pretty neat for loyal merm guards:

-Make them instantly aggro on anything that dares to attack an entity with a merm tag.

-Same health regen as bunnymen,which is 8.67 health every 5 seconds.

-Make them use idle animations while wandering because that would be cool tbh.

-Merms that are actually able to swim.

I just want a pet Saladmander that I can feed some special item to that changes it’s colors like a Chameleon 

Each color has its own unique power source like for example the Red Color can be Activated as a Campfire over night.

You can cuddle with it when it’s in its Natural color.. Etc.

This isn’t a suggestion for the game or feedback about the game, it’s something I highly doubt would ever be anything anyone else but myself would like to see. It might make for a fun experiment for modders I guess but outside of that, I would just like to have more interaction with the cute looking Saladmanders.

15 hours ago, Lammarr said:

I'm not sure if this counts as a refresh,but i'll talk about some QoL changes that i think would be pretty neat for loyal merm guards:

-Make them instantly aggro on anything that dares to attack an entity with a merm tag.

-Same health regen as bunnymen,which is 8.67 health every 5 seconds.

-Make them use idle animations while wandering because that would be cool tbh.

-Merms that are actually able to swim.

I wanted to quote this as well.. I have Never built the Royal Tapestry, I’ve played as Wurt Quite a lot but I’ve just never built it, despite setting up for it and placing huts Everywhere in a Swamp that also already had Merms in it.

This Was partly due to the Tapestry itself Having glitches and getting my character and other Merms hung up on it.

Partly because I couldn’t be bothered with going out and gathering 20 Kelp.

But MOSTLY because before I could ever finish building the Tapestry someone here in these very forums had said that once you build the Tapestry that Merms stop attacking everything that dares to step foot on their land.

... if that is True, Then I’m intentionally NOT building it so people and creatures I do not want in my Swamp get punched to death repeatedly.

(Admit-ably it is soooo OP lol but I love it. It lets me as Wurt Decide who to trust with a Mask so they can enter my village and actually reach base.. and Who the Merms smack around all the time.)

Spiders. They have the simplest AI in the game and me, having Webber as a main, are around them all the time so I'd like to see some changes.

* New Animations for:
-Crawling out of spider dens, replacing it roaring when it exits (It will still do so when the den is attacked, and doesn't do the crawl-out animation)
-Growling at/with other spiders. 2 Spiders can growl at each other, kinda like saladmanders
-A begging animation so Webbers knows when to feed them.
-Idle animations. It can be something as simple as looking around.

-Webber's Idle animation; It can be him shielding his eyes from the sunlight. The anim can only trigger during the day phase.

Now onto stuff that isn't visual, I had some ideas for more spider mobs.

spider-forestlonglegs.thumb.png.7c5a87a24d31c63f0de9e0a0e85bd86d.png

spider-trapdoor.thumb.png.75e0779a15316ad17a481b298bc98414.png
(for everyone's sake, please snip out the pictures if you quote this post)

I made these ideas with the intention of giving the forest and the savannah more life and atmosphere. During the day, the forest has no life, save for the stray pig and the birds. The savannah is vast, but the only thing you see are rabbits and beefalo, so the Trapdoor spider will make it more dynamic. It may also make new players think twice about basing near beefalo because that's a bad place to base to begin with.

-

12 minutes ago, Canis said:

Spiders-

What about Black Widow Spiders? Webber has a Skin to BE One but they are not actually in the game.

I would imagine their bites to provide the same health damage over time bleed out effect as spider warriors had in Shipwrecked.

In fact if they just took several of Webber’s Skins and turned them into In Game Spiders that would be Sickkk

Pigs to actually act like intelligent members of a vilage. Picking up seeds and planting wild crops. Harvesting berry bushes and grass tufts. 

Plus some idle animation.

Litteraly the more idle animations in the game (not just for pigs) the better 

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

someone here in these very forums had said that once you build the Tapestry that Merms stop attacking everything that dares to step foot on their land.

... if that is True

***It is!*** Currently playing as Wurt. Merms attack anything that gets close to their hut with or without an active king. 

11 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

It's not. Currently playing as Wurt. Merms attack anything that gets close to their hut with or without an active king. 

What? This must be a console exclusive thing,'cause merms never attack other creatures without provocation while the king is alive.

47 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

***It is!*** Currently playing as Wurt. Merms attack anything that gets close to their hut with or without an active king. 

Now I must ask why I would ever WANT to build it then.. lol, because I actually LIKE having my own very hostile Army that keeps players that I don’t trust getting near by base out the Area.

Somewhat less goofy suggestion: Add a new type of batilisk - not at cave exits on the surface, that'd be annoying, just underground - that's deadlier and has a higher chance of dropping batwings, maybe because it has more than two wings. Like six wings per bat. (You may be able to tell that I'm speaking as a fan of the Bat Bat.)

On 18/2/2020 at 1:03 PM, CameoAppearance said:

Somewhat less goofy suggestion: Add a new type of batilisk - not at cave exits on the surface, that'd be annoying, just underground - that's deadlier and has a higher chance of dropping batwings, maybe because it has more than two wings. Like six wings per bat. (You may be able to tell that I'm speaking as a fan of the Bat Bat.)

hamlets bats waves mixed with the deepworms. A good way to get pigskin in solo cave games 

edit: that makes me ask, Pigs go out of their houses when is daytime and the house its build in a area without ceiling?

Archived