Bearger is male

How many of these have we had now? I'm genuinely curious! At this rate we'll all have enough nightmare fuel from insanity to last us an entire Gorge event.

Why are we still here, just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg, and my arm, even my fingers. The body I've lost, the comrades I've lost, won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there, you feel it too, don't you?

image.png.78f261b97b6e189487ed1fa892c74389.png

I remember this one Let's Player who ACTUALLY called the Bearger "Burger".  I don't think he was deliberately trying to make a joke. He just hadn't heard anyone pronounce it!  (To be fair, he was playing the BETA version of Reign of Giants, so it was early days.)

Anyway, my take on all of this is that there are multiple of all the giant types and individual ones could be WHATEVER gender.  What gender the _particular_ one destroying your base at the moment is, it's up to you to ask them.  _I_ ain't doin' it.  : P

...Notorious

what is happening here, what's with all the odd gender discussion here lately

did the game finally run out of other things to talk about

54 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

Klei's got J. K. Rowling syndrome.

this kinda implies that animals are male by default, which is a bit weird unless i'm missing some strange piece of dst lore

i'm not really sure what's getting people riled up?

25 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Anyway, my take on all of this is that there are multiple of all the giant types and individual ones could be WHATEVER gender.  What gender the _particular_ one destroying your base at the moment is, it's up to you to ask them.  _I_ ain't doin' it.  : P

to be honest, i've been seeing the giants for years now and i never actually stopped once to wonder about their sex

they were always just big animals moving around on my computer screen, so i don't even know how one begins to care about that

dst mobs are genderless and reproduce completely asexually, if we're gonna be technical

13 minutes ago, Jessie223 said:

what is happening here, what's with all the odd gender discussion here lately

It’s 2020 dude! Gender is all the rage these days, gender is what makes the world go round! Without gender we wouldn’t exist! Praise gender, worship gender, bask in gender!

2 hours ago, Warbucks said:

Funny-Muscular-Man-Picture.jpg.5bf692b23d572c1bf34a18941622fb0e.jpg

Thank you, exactly what I envisioned the alpha male chadger to look like.

Just now, Handsome_Jack said:

It’s 2020 dude! Gender is all the rage these days, gender is what makes the world go round! Without gender we wouldn’t exist! Praise gender, worship gender, bask in gender!

i have chosen not to praise, worship, or bask in gender; i decline the gender-obsession

1 minute ago, Jessie223 said:

have chosen not to praise, worship, or bask in gender; i decline the gender-obsession

Its ok no rush there’s 72 or more genders to choose from we can all find the gender that fits us one day! But in meantime i will keep basking in the greatness of genders and share my gender love with everyone!

1 minute ago, Jessie223 said:

i already have chosen a gender, i thought this forum was supposed to be about a videogame

Ya! We are discussing bearger is a male gender and is alpha chad male at that! Bearger is a part of the game so it’s video game discussion like wise people who made gender topics before me said!

what if this small detail about a fake videogame animal is not a prerequisite to my enjoyment of the game, am i a less-wise videogamer for ignoring it

should i have been choosing to partake in the gender-obsession if i wish to be a wiser gamer

Hey dont ask me dude i just see genders of all creatures of dont starve are a very popular topic to discuss on the dont starve together forums so i decided to make my own alpha male gender topic!

if you need that wisdom i recommend you ask my predecessors such as classic deerclops is a she, or what is wx is gender, and others! I’m here only to spread my love on beargers gender, peace!

1 hour ago, Handsome_Jack said:

Ya! We are discussing bearger is a male gender and is alpha chad male at that! Bearger is a part of the game so it’s video game discussion like wise people who made gender topics before me said!

Yes, it is obvious that this humble man merely wishes and hopes to gain a fraction of the insight and wisdom left in the wake of revelry these forums have had with topics such as "how old is Wendy?", "how old is Wendy, actually?" , "how old is Wendy, actually, officially?", "is Snurtle a snail?", "what gender is Deerclops?". Whilst an admirable aspiration, I fear that this kind of wisdom and deep understanding is beyond the comprehension of the average user.

Although.... now that the general public has concluded that Bearger is a male, without any disputes, the aforementioned picture screams the question: is Bearger THE male [of DST]?

As tongue-in mouth cheek this might wanna be, it just gives an excuse to the 1001 Arabian Nights types of "self identifying" and-most-vocal tiny minority peeps lurking around here to get "triggered" again via "this wasn't funny then isn't now and wont be for me dam'it"; plus let's be frank here, by this point is just spam $hitposting. Was smart of Klei to keep in general the ambiguity and ambivalence for most aspects of DS/T precisely so that everyone can have their own lil "canon" tailor-made fanfics. Still:

what-time-it-is.thumb.png.4d05e95b23bbe95ee21980d9a020330e.png

I think that the gender of a giant should be based on rather or not it can have baby minions to be 100% honest.

Spider QUEEN

Bee QUEEN

Moose-Goose

It would be cool if they updated Deerclops (since It identifies as Both a Male and a Female version at different times) So that Female Deerclops would have tiny Deerclops running around with Her (preferably Feastclops) So they all have Laser Eyes but can move around with the Mobility of Merms or Pigmen.

(This will be another of those things you did not know you wanted till you have seen it & now if you will excuse me I’m going to go eat a Bearger Burger with some Fries & Ketchup)

21 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

jokes aside, I always saw Deerclops and Bearger as Male, and Dfly and MooseGoose (for obvious reasons) as female

I thought the reason Klei said deerclops was female was because it doesn’t shed its antlers during winter, something that male deers do due to a sudden drop in testosterone.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

Stop it please. Not another one, I'm sick of the argueing. We JUST had a Forbidden to say robots genetals discussion. SO PLEASE STOP!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaahhhhh

D:

-----------------------------

Just let people think what they want to think, and move on. Please stop clogging the forum with unessecary debates/questions.

2 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

I thought the reason Klei said deerclops was female was because it doesn’t shed its antlers during winter, something that male deers do due to a sudden drop in testosterone.

Hmm, you learn something new every day, but I guess habits are habits, I still call Antlion Female because that's what her pronoun was as she was released 

Archived