Wendy Update Idea

Hello, I wrote this idea before as a comment in another topic but I edited and drawed to make it imageable. 

I think Wendy MUST be more asocial from other characters and be more with her sister. So I turned abigal more useful. Also I wasn't about damages and healths so I wrote maybe.

Wendy is same wendy with low hit, high sanity and and feeling comfy in dark. But she have little difference. When she summon Abigail (any form of her) she will lost 25 sanity but also her max health will down to 100 (from 150). She will get normal when Abigail dies. Also that effects I write in abigail form is only active when that form at use.

Let's look Abigail forms. Abigail spawning will change. When flower get open you should drop it on floor and kill one of 4 type animal.

ABIGANZER

IMG_20200118_173006.thumb.JPG.5d4d7017690c6b869bf128ae9ded7f13.JPG

If you kill a mammalian to call Abigail she will summon as that. She have very high health (2000 maybe) , high damage (80 maybe) but very slow speed. Her attack AI is tanking. Walking with her inside caves can cause earthquakes. She will trigger all spider dents even she dont touch silk. She can't teleport to you when you get away. You should wait.

ABIANGEL

IMG_20200118_173022.thumb.JPG.0aa11307909affc5d1243b5eea313366.JPG

If you kill a bird to call Abigail she will summon as that. She can fly and moves fast. Have normal health (250 maybe) and normal damage (35 maybe). She can dodge perfect and give a little speed to Wendy. If Wendy die and turn ghost, She will not drop items with help of angel.

BEEGAIL

IMG_20200118_173038.thumb.JPG.a7988ff9315056ea2d3da7673b7387a8.JPG

If you kill a Insect to call Abigail she will summon as that. She have low health (50 maybe) and not able to attack. She will glow as mining helmet and give wendy chop and mining speed but make her lost sanity (it's scary) and hunger (make metabolism fast) faster. Also all insects will be more powerful (They think Abigail trying to kill wendy). All mobs will drop one log (%40), one stone (%35), one flint (%15), one gold (%9) and one gem (%1). Also abigail will be VERY hated by merms.

AGILTHU

IMG_20200118_173051.thumb.JPG.327186a7f58014452280a9c6b514d3ad.JPG

If you kill a lizard or a sea creature to call Abigail, she will turn that. She have normal health (200 maybe), good damage (60 maybe). If Wendy give Abigail any fish, all lizards and fishs will follow her for 1 minute. If Wendy get drown she will not drop any item and wendy will get dry faster.

Thanks for reading and share your ideas.

I'm not against Abigail having a bit of variety, though I'd probably always keep Agilthu... 'cause I usually go by Mary Kraken. x'3 Anyway, she needs something, but I'm always worried they'll take my favorite character and turn her into something completely different. This is my favorite suggestion so far since it doesn't change her play style much and she gets a variety of benefits players can choose from.

I’m not sure I want a Metamorphosing Abigail..

Because THEN this would put Wendy in the Same Category as Wormwood- Wormwood does not have many skins in this game because he has more Animations then everyone else..

It is sad, because I still Defiantly want that Totally Normal Tree Wormwood Skin, But it is understandable that it takes more time to develop skins for him then other characters and therefore- he gets less skins.

6 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

The next rework would've probably been out by now but all of these "wendy idea" posts could've put pressure on the dev team to change the character being reworked. 

You are correct- I have Official unofficial word that the next rework was going to be Warbucks.

But they just Thanos’d him out of Existence. 

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m not sure I want a Metamorphosing Abigail..

Because THEN this would put Wendy in the Same Category as Wormwood- Wormwood does not have many skins in this game because he has more Animations then everyone else..

It is sad, because I still Defiantly want that Totally Normal Tree Wormwood Skin, But it is understandable that it takes more time to develop skins for him then other characters and therefore- he gets less skins.

These are forms for Abigail though not Wendy, why would more abigail forms mean more time to make Wendy skins? Unless i'm not understanding something properly.

By the way, Ancient herald skin all the way for Wormwood, They both have the same top "things" and I'd think it'd be really cute, hehehe

55 minutes ago, Hornete said:

These are forms for Abigail though not Wendy, why would more abigail forms mean more time to make Wendy skins? Unless i'm not understanding something properly.

By the way, Ancient herald skin all the way for Wormwood, They both have the same top "things" and I'd think it'd be really cute, hehehe

The same reason as Woodies Were-Forms I’m guessing? 

10 minutes ago, Hornete said:

But, were-forms and abigail aren't skinned, It's just Woodie and Wendy. 

True but.. if you read their patch notes- a good bit of it includes something like “fixed clothing clipping on So & So Clothing Item for Woodie”

While I don’t know how to properly explain that- it’s kinda like each new clothing item they add to the game has to be animated for every playable character and in some cases (such as Scarecrows..) some items as well. 

Some of them are STILL completely off- Abyssal Wurt and Head Garlands or Rabbit Earmuffs for example- The Earmuffs cover up her Eyes.

And since Abigail tails behind Wendy she too has to be Animated to be compatible with every new clothing item.

Thought your idea was cool so I thought I'd add to it a bit.

ABIGUN

PicsArt_01-19-01_06_21.thumb.jpg.f847a5a8af346e864039c6f0ee3a90bc.jpg

If you give Abigail a gun she turns into Abigun. She's Abigail but with more gun.

In all seriousness, your idea is pretty cool and I could see it being the actual rework. My main gripes are, as people have said already, the fact that Abigail is Wendy's sister, not a Lovecraftian monster. 

With a few tweaks, this could be great. At the same time, I feel like Wendy needs more abilities to be centered around herself. But that's neither here nor there.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

And since Abigail tails behind Wendy she too has to be Animated to be compatible with every new clothing item.

That's... not at all how the game works. There's nothing particularly special about how Abigail follows Wendy, it's just like any other follower. If it were true that Abigail has to be "animated" to be compatible with every new clothing item, then that would apply to every other mob in the game since they can all be behind the player.

She will be a white ghost, what are you guys except really? I think Abigail just shouldn't have different skins. She is a follower. As some guys said Woodie form and follower don't have skins too...

8 hours ago, Naveil said:

not a Lovecraftian monster. 

She will be flying corrupted ghost squid with a hook on her head. You can be sure she will look like ghost when be greenish white and shine :)

13 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Wendy talking all that about her sister but then you summon Abigail and it's a ghost insect 

She is a good ghost wants to keep her sister alive. Like in "IT 2", all form changer must be sumbit form's rules. She must be a Insect to glow and give aura. I hope you understand.

13 hours ago, AnitaCoffee said:

This is my favorite suggestion so far since it doesn't change her play style much

Something can be change but I don't think it's changing mechanics that much. Abigail was a follower, now she is more functional follower.

Hmmmmmm... as a Wendy player myself. The ideas are interesting and refreshing since i appreciate lovecraft stuff. 
I think everyone is being a bit closed minded, the flower is indeed magical, and even Maxwell recognizes it. I think anything can go in the constant, so this isn't impossible. I still would like to keep the default Abigail too. At Least i wish, i wont stop playing her by that if they rework it 100% into a new character . But being able to AOE small monsters was one of the few things that i liked. 
I do a playstyle similar to Swanky Psammead ( He is a very good Wendy player ). And even the current AI isn't that stupid, there's some nice tricks you can do with her like "commanding attacks" with ranged weapons ( Even a simple Dart, since you cancel the attack and keep it for a while, you literally don't need armor hunting Mactusks) . I definitely would miss that :(.

Honestly this idea sounds more like it should rather be it’s own DLC character.. and not a Abigail Rework, Abigail isn’t a Monster.. she’s just Wendy’s Dead Ghostly Sister.

This kind of Rework would be considered an extremely Massive Wendy Overhaul, and I’m pretty sure most Wendy players don’t want her changed THIS MUCH.

Maybe make pool, and you will see. I did mention that i wanted to keep the default one, but bringing new stuff is always welcome, since it can create an interesting scenario where you can choose how you want to summon it. The only two characters with magical items are Wendy and Maxwell. "Summoning" her death sister seems like you have normalized it. But it's clearly NOT normal ok?. I wouldn't be surprised if Wendy has something similar like Maxwell. 

Archived