Moon Rabbit Character? [Concept]

The Current Pattern

It seems the pattern for the DLC characters revolve around non human, constant born creatures who don't bare much significance to the main survivors' storyline. Wortox and Wurt are both playable characters of pre-existing species within the constant, (Imp, Merm) with Wormwood being a unique case of half moongem, half vine amalgamation.

Why a Rabbit?

They could be a character that references the "Rabbit in the Moon" myth. It might fit the current focus on the Moon, Lunar Island, and "Them." Perhaps they fell with the chunk of island, came down by other means, or were mutated with exposure to lunacy. Their character skins could reference Alice in Wonderland with Victorian (Hare in a vest?), Rabbit's winter coat with Snowfallen, and a Roseate getup to fit Charlie's Reign? Or even a unique Celestial set.

image.png.6a47fc26fe979d163eb28e195e8bd60c.png

Features?

Perhaps this character could have their sanity meter replaced with a permanent lunacy meter, a follower of the moon, perhaps. Their gameplay twist could revolve around trying to keep as little sanity as possible, since it's better to be insane with lunacy. To balance the early game, this character could start half enlightened to give themselves a head start. They could have many lunar/moon implications in their abilities, be it through unique celestial items, magic, etc. 

Here are a few rough sketches of what a rabbit build could look like. (Plus some skin ideas, cause I was having fun.)

image.png.7eafd2e99c9bd833f23b64183c68f648.png

image.png.29e82870ad2f8c031658ece02d28f47c.png

image.png.5d927be90494db759a07155d646b4a69.png

Perhaps the Victorian skin (far right) would be a better base for the character?

Summary

Regardless of who, or what the final DLC character is, I'm excited to see what the future has in store. Whether the next character is a pre-existing species in the constant or a new entity entirely, what do you all think it could be? :distracted:

44 minutes ago, thomas4846 said:

i could get behind this but i don't wanna have anymore characters? before everything else is balanced out

That is a valid opinion to have over the addition of new characters, but whether we like it or not a 4th DLC character will be coming to the game as described in the 2019 roadmap, unless Klei announces a cancellation of this. And, coming off from the previous DLC characters, it is very likely that the new character will also be non-human character, inspired from the mobs in the constant.

4 hours ago, Axelocke said:

-SNIP-

I always love your suggestions. They are amazing, logical and have awesome pictures.

Maybe the rabbit's form will be directly connected to its lunacy meter? Such as a normal rabbit at low lunacy and glowing one or something at high lunacy?

They will have to somehow bring lunar island creatures to the mainland though or maybe the rabbit will spawn the Gestalts at high lunacy? There are many things they can do with Nightmare or Lunar characters like Maxwell for example. Being addicted to nightmare fuel can give him abilities of any shape or form. I mean, look at fuelweaver. Maxwell can summon bones, etc if Klei chooses to give him the power.

Having zero access to sanity also means zero access to nightmare fuel unless the rabbit ventures into the ruins which can be a big con.

4 hours ago, Booklover said:

Having zero access to sanity also means zero access to nightmare fuel unless the rabbit ventures into the ruins which can be a big con.

Perhaps it could have a way to plant dark flowers, as a way of keeping sanity down and getting refined nightmare fuel

4 hours ago, Xenologist said:

Perhaps it could have a way to plant dark flowers, as a way of keeping sanity down and getting refined nightmare fuel

Maybe not plant them, but more of turn regular flowers into dark flowers without being a ghost.

Also maybe being completely enlightened could give him a powerful debuff (like being slower, getting attacked by ghestalts often, getting damaged by ghestalts unlike the regular characters, etc) but to make up for it, the lunacy level could act as a power source of sorts for a new skill. Maybe mindcontrolling lesser mobs temporally?

Like befriending any type of lesser creature for X time with some kind of mental attack, or even controlling them if you want to (has anyone played oddworld: new and tasty? That kind of mechanic)

Perfect idea! I have few ideas for this character

-Able to hide in rabbit holes (like bushes)

-Killing rabbits causes sanity drop

-faster a bit than other characters

-can jump low walls, near islands but lose hunger faster when do this

-Raw fruits and vegetables is more healthy for him

Archived