[Game Update] - 388775

• Developer
  • Fixed Gingerbread Houses going invisible and having different art on clients
  • Note for modders: 
    • It is now safe to call DoAddClassPostConstruct on components that have replicas (or any others that have functions set up to be called when a member variable is set)
    • ChildSpawner:ReleaseAllChildren should no longer infinite loop if called when children are not able find a location to spawn.

View full update

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Context....?

A child in coding terms means a thing that is created by another thing. The game is not, in fact, releasing actual children like it's recess.

Edited by Canis
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

11 minutes ago, Canis said:

A child in coding terms means a thing that is created by another thing. The game is not, in fact, releasing actual children like it's recess.

On the contrary Anytime you see Spider Queen or Mating Beefalo they are in fact releasing Actual Children. Ha Ha!

• Haha 3

• Developer
16 hours ago, cezarica said:

@ScottHansen You guys might want to check out fast why in-game it says we are running version 388647 yet the last version as per this thread and Game Updates obviously is 388775

Before you ask, yes, I've updated the game to the 'last' version and even did a file integrity check and all was fine.

Well... That should be fixed now...

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Kelloggs Dogfry said:

@Sunset Skye what was your tactic for getting them to spawn together so well? That looks amazing!

Every time a Gingerbread Pig runs 11 tiles away from you, it'll teleport to another location nearby. On the 4th teleport, it'll instead disappear and place some houses/a varg nearby. So what I would do is chase one around the general area 3 times, then line myself up as best I can (sometimes with a telepoof) to make them run into the village area. A new gingerbread pig also spawns every 3 days after the last one disappears, so I could make sure I was always near the village area whenever it was time for a new one.

Edited by Sunset Skye
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1