Im so close now....

I can almost taste it...

322330_screenshots_20200106231459_1.thumb.jpg.1e66fd7ee6069ffdd06b8c8366a97003.jpg

then i wait for dont starve original to go on a mega sale then buy the dont stave bundle which includes the DST starter pack so i get wormwood and wurt :D then buy the uncorrupted skin for wortox b/c that one is <3

Wortox is fun. Kill Butterflies, Collect Souls, Eat souls to bring food meter up, use souls to hop acrossed gaps of land (less useful now that hounds can Swim but meh.. still) Or Release souls to Heal your own self AND Anyone standing near you..

Wormwood is significantly harder to play as then Wortox, but he as well as Wurt, have so many unique gameplay  elements that they are worth the buy.

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wortox is fun. Kill Butterflies, Collect Souls, Eat souls to bring food meter up, use souls to hop acrossed gaps of land (less useful now that hounds can Swim but meh.. still) Or Release souls to raise your own Sanity AND Heal yourself + Anyone standing near you..

Wormwood is significantly harder to play as then Wortox, but he as well as Wurt, have so many unique gameplay  elements that they are worth the buy.

i would have outright purchased wortox if there was an option to only buy the character and the uncorrupted skin. I dont care about the other ones. But sadly the only options to buy him is the one with the survivor skin and the one with all the skin. But I only want the uncorrupted skin.

Hear that klei! i want to give you my money, but i cant b/c of the way you bundled the character!

15 minutes ago, auron471 said:

i would have outright purchased wortox if there was an option to only buy the character and the uncorrupted skin. I dont care about the other ones. But sadly the only options to buy him is the one with the survivor skin and the one with all the skin. But I only want the uncorrupted skin.

Hear that klei! i want to give you my money, but i cant b/c of the way you bundled the character!

You can always buy the one that comes with all his skins and then unravel the ones you don’t want to be halfway on your way to weaving something else you Do Want.

i do this all the time- I bought for example the Canadiana Pack just for the cool looking Pigmen House reskin and the Tennis Racket Ice Staffs, but the Hockey Helmet is Incredibly ugly and I hate it- So it was destroyed for spools :) 

3 hours ago, auron471 said:

But im pretty sure hes a fawn (deer) so he'd taste like venison. 

Only if you licked his insides. His outsides would probably just taste like hair.

(Also I think he's more like a goat than a deer, at least in his default post-Krampus-soul-swallowing form. Do those taste substantially different? Maybe it doesn't matter, because the meat would be all demonically infused anyway and probably wouldn't taste like a normal hoofed mammal of any kind.)

If I were you I'd buy the basic Wortox set, unravel the Survivor skin items, and use those spools plus the ones you already have to weave the Uncorrupted skin.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wortox is fun. Kill Butterflies, Collect Souls, Eat souls to bring food meter up, use souls to hop acrossed gaps of land (less useful now that hounds can Swim but meh.. still) Or Release souls to raise your own Sanity AND Heal yourself + Anyone standing near you..

Raise sanity?

6 hours ago, Booklover said:

Raise sanity?

Wortox’s Sanity is based on how many souls he has, if he has too few he starts going Insane, but if he has too many.. (he’s considered a greedy little imp &) something really really bad will happen.

Releasing them will balance out Wortox Sanity, It’s not just something Wortox kills that drops souls though.. another player can kill it or it just dies fighting something else, It’ll still drop a soul and if Wortox is close to said soul it will float towards him and end up in his Inventory.

Wortox is Less Nourished by eating regular foods though, Consume the Souls man.. CONSUME THE SOULS!

19 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wortox’s Sanity is based on how many souls he has, if he has too few he starts going Insane, but if he has too many.. (he’s considered a greedy little imp &) something really really bad will happen.

Releasing them will balance out Wortox Sanity, It’s not just something Wortox kills that drops souls though.. another player can kill it or it just dies fighting something else, It’ll still drop a soul and if Wortox is close to said soul it will float towards him and end up in his Inventory.

Wortox is Less Nourished by eating regular foods though, Consume the Souls man.. CONSUME THE SOULS!

Uhm. No..... Eating souls does lower his sanity by 5. But simply carrying them does nothing to his sanity.

27 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

8 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Uhm. No..... Eating souls does lower his sanity by 5. But simply carrying them does nothing to his sanity.

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Not eating.. lol releasing back into the world

hornete was talking about the carrying souls part not eating souls

8 hours ago, -Animaster- said:

I wanted to get Wortox but then I decided to wait for the new character and see how good he is in comparison to the ones we already have. I hope the new character will be released this winter.

I thought you were @Toros for like 2 minutes because of the pfp.

I don’t really care or pay attention to Wortox Sanity levels, mainly because IF your playing Wortox your already stalking Butterflies already, both for Easy souls and to pick the flowers they lead you to.

So I got some facts wrong, not that big of a deal since Sanity Management for Wortox really isn’t all that much of a colossal Threat Anyway.

If your playing Wortox your role is Field Medic, that’s just what he does best.

Archived