16 minutes ago, SteamedMajinP. said:

I read that as "ice skins" and was confused for like 3 minutes 

Actually Ice Skins would be quite awesome.. and no not skins for the Ice In game item.. I’m talking about ICE Character Skins, similar to the Apex Legends Octane Skin for Season 3.

This game should go crazy on skins!! Provided that new skins don’t take away from adding actual core gameplay content of course.

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Actually Ice Skins would be quite awesome.. and no not skins for the Ice In game item.. I’m talking about ICE Character Skins, similar to the Apex Legends Octane Skin for Season 3.

This game should go crazy on skins!! Provided that new skins don’t take away from adding actual core gameplay content of course.

Snowfallen are ice skins kind of, aren't they?

41 minutes ago, Kuba5565 said:

Snowfallen are ice skins kind of, aren't they?

Kindof, but not quite, Ice Skins would be turning their skin and head into solid ice, think of it as more like an Ice Sculpture.

Similar to Winona’s new Halloween Skin that turns her body Green.

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

You do know that when icebergs start to melt that they break apart and sink into the ocean right? also the Ice I put in my Soda sinks to the bottom of the cup so why wouldn’t Ice sink?

Wait what your ice sinks to the bottom of your cup?

33 minutes ago, kiwikenobi said:

...How?

Ice is less dense than water, that's why it floats on it. Soda is mostly water. Ice floats in it.

To quote our friend Wilson: "That's just science!"

It’s probably got a lot to do with the size of the ice, the size of the cup, and the amount of ice put in the cup. the Soda is Pepsi.

Its like gigantic icebergs when they split in half, those don’t float.. they hit the water and sink down into it.

Normally when material change phase from liquid to solid, it gets denser and therefore it sinks. The water molecules, however, are different. When changing from liquid to solid, they pass from a "lasagna" conformation to some kind of polygon conformation. In the end, there is more space between molecules.

This is a crucial property of water for life on Earth. Just imagine a lake freezing where the ice would gradually sink exposing new water to the air to get frozen. The whole lake would be Ice after some time.

Edit: To add because of a post I just saw, seawater is denser than water, because of salt. Therefore stuff floats better on top. So unsalted Icebergs float even more on oceanic water.

And because salty water is denser, it boils passed 100degC and it's better for cooking pasta ; don't forget to add a bit of canola or peanut oil :3

Ice is less dense than water in the real world, so it would make more sense for it to float in the Constant, although this is admittedly a world where butterflies are technically a type of plant. I could see it spoiling faster in saltwater because salt lowers the freezing point of water, but it shouldn't vanish instantly. Maybe it sinks because the code considers it a type of rock?

I've also never had just one or two ice cubes sink to the bottom of my glass when I have an iced drink of any kind. Sure they can touch the bottom of the cup if I fill it all the way up with ice, but that's not because ice sinks, it's because they're shoving each other down.

Icebergs don't fall all the way to the bottom of the ocean and stay there either. That's not a thing. They can melt, they can have chunks fall off and briefly dip below the surface of the water due to gravity, but they don't stay frozen and sit at the bottom of the sea.

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

It’s probably got a lot to do with the size of the ice, the size of the cup, and the amount of ice put in the cup. the Soda is Pepsi.

Its like gigantic icebergs when they split in half, those don’t float.. they hit the water and sink down into it.

Your logic and life is very different from the rest of the commenters here....

11 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

Maybe it sinks because the code considers it a type of rock?

it sinks because klei never gave it the "floater" component (idk if it's intentional or not)

however, the prefab file for rocks and ice are named "inv_rocks" and "inv_rocks_ice", so make of that what you will

There are special Ice Trays you can buy in real life that are designed to shape your ice so that it sinks to the bottom instead of remaining floating on the top like regular ice you get at McDonald’s, for example.. These particular Ice Trays are designed so that your beverage starts cooling from the bottom upward. But anyway-

Maybe the reason DST Ice sinks is due to its shape and size is what I was basically trying to say. But if you want to get Technical- it’s probably simply just because the games code recognizes it as a type of Rock.

Archived