Fishsticks or Pierogi?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Fishsticks and Pierogi restore the same things. Which one do you guys prefer and why?

• Fishsticks
    • Pierogi
    • Both
    • Neither
    • Depends

I'm not really sure to follow the reasonning behind worshiping pierogi over fishstick anymore. Wurt exists now, wich makes the spawn and control of merm's ressource the exact same as bunnymen's. Same respawn time too. You can create merm war just as bunnymen war as long as you wear the mermhat (and don't tell me that's a problem, they can be mass crafted and bundled easily. And if you prefere the lazy catapult / houndius method, well then it's LITERALLY the same (also merm will not go back home during the day for that matter).

Now, one merm killed grants 1 fish and 1 frog leg, then gather the two easiest filler of the game, 1 twig and 1 stone fruit, fish stick done. One bunnymen killed grants 0.75 meat and 1 carrot, you then need to get any meat item to make the egg, and a stone fruit as best veggie filler, + 25% of the time another meat because bunnymen wouldn't have dropped it, that takes a little more ressource and time actually.

On a very objective scale, fishstick is better, you would produce more of it per minute and per ressource.

On 12/20/2019 at 6:34 AM, Dechou said:

I'm not really sure to follow the reasonning behind worshiping pierogi over fishstick anymore. Wurt exists now, wich makes the spawn and control of merm's ressource the exact same as bunnymen's. Same respawn time too. You can create merm war just as bunnymen war as long as you wear the mermhat (and don't tell me that's a problem, they can be mass crafted and bundled easily. And if you prefere the lazy catapult / houndius method, well then it's LITERALLY the same (also merm will not go back home during the day for that matter).

Now, one merm killed grants 1 fish and 1 frog leg, then gather the two easiest filler of the game, 1 twig and 1 stone fruit, fish stick done. One bunnymen killed grants 0.75 meat and 1 carrot, you then need to get any meat item to make the egg, and a stone fruit as best veggie filler, + 25% of the time another meat because bunnymen wouldn't have dropped it, that takes a little more ressource and time actually.

On a very objective scale, fishstick is better, you would produce more of it per minute and per ressource.

You have a point with the merm farm.  That does make fish easier to farm, but...  even though anyone could wear a disguise, you still need wurt to set it all up.

Also since stonefruit are a thing you don't really need a bunnyman farm.  The reason to do bunnymen before was that they came with meat + veg, and you just kill enough to make as much food as you need.  Now that we have stonefruit you can just set up a spider farm, and combined with stone fruit have perogies forever.  The meat production from a spider farm is easier and more plentiful anyway.

4 hours ago, Dechou said:

I disagree; the existence of Wurt's merm houses does not make fish sticks more efficient than pierogis.
Even though this is irrelevant, bunnymen drop 2 carrots, not 1. 
Secondly, there's the fishsticks' short shelf life that makes stockpiling them right before a boss fight annoying and meticulous since you're on a short time crunch.

Also, this post is making the assumption that you're making pierogis exclusively using bunnymen instead of other avenues of meat-gathering like killing spiders, killing hounds, and - ironically - killing merms. Since you're assuming that there's a stone fruit bush farm, I can just as easily farm 10 merms and make 10 pierogis out of their 10 frog legs, 10 fish, and 20 avocadoes instead of making 10 fish sticks with 10 fish, 10 sticks, and 20 avocadoes.

Just want to also point out, Pierogi takes twice as long to spoil as fishsticks do. Fishsticks rot in 10 days, pierogi rot in 20.

I've always been for Pierogi over fishsticks, it's way easier for me to get a birdcage, some monster meat and some quick vegetables like carrots or cactus flesh rather then having to go use silk on fishing rods(I don't play wurt), silk I'd rather use on sewing kits, masts or other things.

So yeah, I heavilly prefer pierogi over fishsticks.

My point wasn't to say we should use fishstick instead of perogies, but that they are basically indentical, so there is clearly no reason to highly prefere pierogies. I just pointed out that fishsticks using merm farm uses one less process (does not need egg conversion), wether you use bunnymen spiders or merms it's basically the same. 1 kill + 2 harvest everything raw into crockpot = 40 healing is an unbeatable process fishsticks has

However the difference in the end is negligable, the point is they both are extremely easy to mass farm very quickly, that's why I strongly disagree with the "pierogies are far superior" argument. About the spoil rate, unless you need a full stack of fishsticks for your boss, I can't see it as a valid downside.

Also I don't play wurt either, I switched to her 5 minutes to make 10 mermhouses and a handfull of disguises, then back to my character. You can't really talk about needing to play a character to get certain structures anymore since celestial portal.

I stick to perogies myself, because I want to use the merms for the anti-wetness recipe yearround, I just wanted to say that's fishsticks is clearly as good of an option as pierogies on the current game.

Pierogi is better than fish sticks because it lasts much longer, and you do not need to spend time catching fish. It can be very time consuming catching fish, and it's not a very easy item to obtain in massive quantities, and finally fish rots very quickly. All of pierogi fillers can be obtained easily and in massive quantities, and can be kept fresh easily. Fish sticks are nice if you plan to live on the ocean. If you're Warly, pierogi and fish sticks are good to alternate in healing so you don't incur diminished returns.

3 hours ago, Slagger said:

Call me oldhead but I still prefer butterflies

I do most of my healing with butterflies and blue shrooms because that seems to be most efficient when exploring.

When fighting bosses I usually try to cook a pierogi or two, or just use glands/salves.

I cook whatever is most efficient for me at the time. Depending on what ingredients I have on hand, whether I've settled down with a farm and a birdcage yet or not, and now with the new fishing stuff, whether I have any fish stored away, I'll make either recipe, since they do restore exactly the same stats.

That said, my favorite is fish sticks because I can use them to get an adorable kittykit. :wilson_love:

1 hour ago, kiwikenobi said:

I cook whatever is most efficient for me at the time. Depending on what ingredients I have on hand, whether I've settled down with a farm and a birdcage yet or not, and now with the new fishing stuff, whether I have any fish stored away, I'll make either recipe, since they do restore exactly the same stats.

That said, my favorite is fish sticks because I can use them to get an adorable kittykit. :wilson_love:

This.  Exactly this.

Especially the part about the fluffbutt.  :)

...Notorious

Archived