What Content Do You Guys Like To See After Return Of Them?

Shipwrecked is by far still my favorite game, I like the concept of many different islands.   The problem with Return of Them is that islands have been made obsolete with travel over water by a character now possible at high speed.   You can also build bridges to islands.   Shipwrecked has a much more interesting and challenging environment especially with the flooding that requires lots of planning to get around.

Your talking as if the return of them updates are done- and I got a terrible feeling that it’s only just beginning..

(and by that I mean Klei are probably at home right now with their family cooking up their Christmas dinner while rubbing their hands together in a evil manner at all the horrible idea’s they have planned for us to painfully experience after the holidays end.) 

they stated when they first released the first part of Return of Them that the boats and mechanics added with that was to lay down the core foundation for all future RoT updates.

so I expect a whole lot more boat sailing coming very soon in the near future.. But the question is to where?? And Why? And who or what the -bleep- is “THEM”?! 

Guess we will all have to wait and find out.

Rebalance of base game/RoG stuff. Some items were never worth using and some had questionable uses (farms!).

Ability to renew stuff that is not currently renewable by player such as pig torches, touch stones, ponds, bee hives, anenemies, catcoon houses, rabbit holes, wormholes, tallbird nests, monkey pods, etc. Sometimes they either exist in very small amounts, sometimes are hardly accessible, sometimes both. Either way, most of them are usually destructible via fire or hammering and once they are destroyed they are gone forever. Something like a tiny 1% chance for a blueprint for the entity that spawns a mob upon killing a mob would help.

Some plants which are both unreplantable and unrenewable such as reeds, cacti, mushrooms, lichen and banana trees should finally find a way to be cultivated. (I'm aware of mushrooms planters but they are inferior to natural mushrooms by design) All of this to show that together survivors managed to overcome pure survival and living by world's rules and actually reshape the world according to their will, as humanity once did.

Replanted plants vulnerable to disease should be able to be turned disease-free. Stone Fruits drop sprouts with 1% chance that can be planted to grow new bushes that act natural - don't require fertilizer and don't catch disease. Perhaps other plants, when growing on moon turf, would have 1% to drop sprout versions of themselves. (Maybe moon turf would also affect unreplantable plants mentioned in the previous paragraph in the same way as the turf beneath them can still be replaced).

And, finally, a way to grow grass in peace without having it eventually turn into fragile and hard-to-relocate grass geckos (why in the world those can't be caught with a trap?).

I'd like the ability to tie specific items to specific inventory slots. I like my headgear in a certain order in the top right line of my inventory. Once I start frequently switching from say my eyebrella to miners hat while picking stuff up things get all out of whack.

We need an epic quest on the lunar island , maybe a cave system on the lunar island . Some hard boss on the land ideally. Too much focus on skins, and holiday Trees and things like winter feast that I have no use for. Fishing is ok but not my thing really . Not complaining really , just want a big new task to go after like a Fuelweaver or something hard. 

I for one would fancy in future RoT updates some type of pots for plants (akin Potted Succulents and Ferns) so to be able to have Berry Bushes, Saplings, Tufts, etc even trees on Boats - for fully independent Ocean boat-bases. Have them require same /or slightly nerfed re-fertilization mechanic like the one on land - after 3-or-so harvests they need manure/rot/bucket-of-happy-poops. New functional Potted Plants would be aesthetically cute in base design and, more importantly, mechanically purposeful. This would also mark the moment to have, as attached-diseases and further interactivity go, the introduction of a certain type of antidote much-asked by community in past in relation to said disease mechanic.

And then new, different, islands. As lore goes, these new-mini-biome islands (different from Lunar isles) could be land revealed by the tidal wave/tsunami of Lunar Fragment impact. Make it a little similar to SW if you will, in the sense of existing beaches/shore turf or-the-like. New type of plants, animals linked to these islands. Maybe have on some of them certain seasonal mob with interesting fight mechanics and loot. Proverbial artistic sky is the limit :)

Difficult SURVIVAL challenges being added to the game would be great.

Whether it be an official hardcore mode, or new force challenges being added to subsequent years survived, its all welcome in my eyes.

No more optional bosses or challenges that hardly add any lasting value to the game.

5 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

Difficult SURVIVAL challenges being added to the game would be great.

Whether it be an official hardcore mode, or new force challenges being added to subsequent years survived, its all welcome in my eyes.

No more optional bosses or challenges that hardly add any lasting value to the game.

Why don’t you people just play this game the way I do?? It’s plenty hard enough as is-

no life giving amulet or Meat effigy, the only acceptable forms of revival is other players or the few touch stones you find on the map.

When you die no rollbacks, your world is destroyed and you start over.

If you die and are revived you are not allowed to patch up your overall health Core at all only healing by Tent/Seista or eating foods.

in fact I got a better idea- Hardmode- All characters have 55 max health points (enough to revive only ONE player with a telltale heart) removal of Healing Amulets, Life Amulets, Meat Effigy, Touch Stones.

When all players are killed and not revived within a few seconds world is fully deleted.

Please for the love of god and all things Holy do NOT put any forced boss fights into this game.. Deerclops and Winter Season is enough to turn any casual player away who hasn’t learned how to survive. And unfortunately rather you like it or not- Casual Players now make up the majority of players who they make a profit on off this game.

TL:DR- They make money off making new purchasable skin cosmetics, and new but not so insanely frustrating content for all players to enjoy. 

Not by having Dragonfly suddenly decide to mate and then have 50 of them flying over all the forests and player created structures in the game scorching them to ashes.. 

i get that you want the game to be harder.. I do, and they can achieve that by CASUALLY.. making it harder- (for example giving Spider Warriors Shipwrecked Venom Damage over Time on their Attacks) and by removing all the easy ways of cheating death like life amulets and Meat Effigy.

If you want to make a game harder, you make dying in it mean something.

but that’s just my opinion- coming from someone who enjoys games like State of Decay on Nightmare Difficulty.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Why don’t you people just play this game the way I do?? It’s plenty hard enough as is-

no life giving amulet or Meat effigy, the only acceptable forms of revival is other players or the few touch stones you find on the map.

When you die no rollbacks, your world is destroyed and you start over.

If you die and are revived you are not allowed to patch up your overall health Core at all only healing by Tent/Seista or eating foods.

in fact I got a better idea- Hardmode- All characters have 55 max health points (enough to revive only ONE player with a telltale heart) removal of Healing Amulets, Life Amulets, Meat Effigy, Touch Stones.

When all players are killed and not revived within a few seconds world is fully deleted.

Please for the love of god and all things Holy do NOT put any forced boss fights into this game.. Deerclops and Winter Season is enough to turn any casual player away who hasn’t learned how to survive. And unfortunately rather you like it or not- Casual Players now make up the majority of players who they make a profit on off this game.

TL:DR- They make money off making new purchasable skin cosmetics, and new but not so insanely frustrating content for all players to enjoy. 

Not by having Dragonfly suddenly decide to mate and then have 50 of them flying over all the forests and player created structures in the game scorching them to ashes.. 

i get that you want the game to be harder.. I do, and they can achieve that by CASUALLY.. making it harder- (for example giving Spider Warriors Shipwrecked Venom Damage over Time on their Attacks) and by removing all the easy ways of cheating death like life amulets and Meat Effigy.

If you want to make a game harder, you make dying in it mean something.

but that’s just my opinion- coming from someone who enjoys games like State of Decay on Nightmare Difficulty.

The only way to risk dying is by fighting optional bosses.

Dying is essentially optional for veteran players.

Also I said I wanted a hardcore mode or additional challenges to subsequent years, you kinda ignored those parts completely.

10 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

The only way to risk dying is by fighting optional bosses.

Dying is essentially optional for veteran players.

Also I said I wanted a hardcore mode or additional challenges to subsequent years, you kinda ignored those parts completely.

I just don’t want anymore difficult bosses who come knocking at my front door trying to destroy all my hard work. That is literally ALL that I’m asking.

Make the game harder in other ways, maybe as you said with a difficulty option, or by giving existing mobs new abilities Venom Spider Warriors FFS PLEASE but do not force boss content down on players.

take Malbatross as an example- its supposed to be a boss but.. it’s a boss that does not actively seek you out, instead you have to actively seek It out.  Which is the completely optional content that your complaining about.

I think it is much much better this way though- because if this thing spawned only to wreck boats anytime you went sailing- Casual Players would simply lose all interest in building boats.

25 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Casual Players would simply lose all interest

"Don't Starve Together is the standalone multiplayer expansion of the uncompromising survival game Don't Starve"

Copy pastes a fact; "Sunset Skye is confused"

Well you see skye, that comes directly from the steam page, hope that helps.

2 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

"Don't Starve Together is the standalone multiplayer expansion of the uncompromising survival game Don't Starve"

On 9/18/2019 at 4:46 PM, JoeW said:

Very early on we let people know that if multiplayer were ever to come DS, it could not be the same as how it was designed as a single player experience, so we did avoid the "uncompromising" message when we first started on DST. We were very resistant to bringing multiplayer for this reason. A lot what is being discussed is very much aligned with why we were resisting multiplayer in DS to begin with.

I don't get why people are still trying to use the phrase "uncompromising wilderness survival game" as if it's the Ultimate Own.

2 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

I don't get why people are still trying to use the phrase "uncompromising wilderness survival game" as if it's the Ultimate Own.

Because they keep using it.

If you market something as one thing, and keep marketing it as that thing, it IS that thing.

2 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

Because they keep using it.

If you market something as one thing, and keep marketing it as that thing, it IS that thing.

Except it’s not, and never has been- Uncompromising would mean that Telltale hearts wouldn’t be as easy to craft as 1 Spider gland and a few blades of grass.

it should probably require a ton of not so easily obtainable crafting items such as- 1 booster shot, 4 Spider gland, Ashes, Cut Stone & Grass.

Dying should Also not be something taken lightly- currently as the game stands now you can die and revive in a multitude of ways- That to ME as someone who plays State of Decay on NIGHTMARE Difficulty sounds 120% Compromising.

But... just like Sunset Skye now I Am equally confused- and if this is not the case I would enjoy a detail logical explanation as to why.

22 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Except it’s not, and never has been- Uncompromising would mean that Telltale hearts wouldn’t be as easy to craft as 1 Spider gland and a few blades of grass.

it should probably require a ton of not so easily obtainable crafting items such as- 1 booster shot, 4 Spider gland, Ashes, Cut Stone & Grass.

Dying should Also not be something taken lightly- currently as the game stands now you can die and revive in a multitude of ways- That to ME as someone who plays State of Decay on NIGHTMARE Difficulty sounds 120% Compromising.

But... just like Sunset Skye now I Am equally confused- and if this is not the case I would enjoy a detail logical explanation as to why.

I understand why telltale hearts are so easy to craft, and Im fine with small concessions like that being made for the sake of multiplayer actually functioning properly, but the punishments should absolutely be more severe.

Something like a 50% hp loss would be much more acceptable, and is the kind of option I would love to have in a hardcore mode.

I dont mind mechanics becoming easier or being removed (dragonfly and gmoose actually being threats), but not when you dont have the option to turn those features on.

Additionally, simply refusing to interact with items that make the game easier doesnt feel like a fair way to try and make the game more difficult, you cant force players to do the same in a multiplayer environment.

And for world gen settings, there are no dedicated servers that support a much more hard generation, pretty much just solo play.

Archived