What were your moments you were saved from death on DST or DS?

Hey guys, today i wanna ask you:

What were your moments you were saved from death? You know, when you're ALMOST going to die, but for some strange reason or action that happened, you were saved from dying.

I don't have one to tell, because i don't remember any.

I was playing as Willow today, and while fighting Klaus hounds came. They attacked me and broke my armor, and Klaus basically cast his heat spell immediately after, which I wasn't prepared for. I found myself at 10 health when my armor broke. Luckily, I was already going insane so I dropped Bernie. Had it not been for him distracting the hounds and Willow's reduced overheating damage rate, I definitely would've died.
I've been having a lot of fun with this character in general. Bernie is always a life saver when it comes to hounds.

I'd like to add: wouldn't the Tales of Life and Death subforum be a more appropriate place for this thread?
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/forum/78-dont-starve-together-tales-of-life-and-death/

6 minutes ago, Electroely said:

I was playing as Willow today, and while fighting Klaus hounds came. They attacked me and broke my armor, and Klaus basically cast his heat spell immediately after, which I wasn't prepared for. I found myself at 10 health when my armor broke. Luckily, I was already going insane so I dropped Bernie. Had it not been for him distracting the hounds and Willow's reduced overheating damage rate, I definitely would've died.
I've been having a lot of fun with this character in general. Bernie is always a life saver when it comes to hounds.

I'd like to add: wouldn't the Tales of Life and Death subforum be a more appropriate place for this thread?
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/forum/78-dont-starve-together-tales-of-life-and-death/

Nope, it wouldn't be more appropiate... Because mostly people will ignore it, most of the activity was two months ago, so it would be useless.

Recently had a frog rain as Wendy, stockpiled a chest full of Abigail flowers, couldn't be bothered to run anywhere to aggro the frogs on, so I just decided to let Abby defeat the entire frog rain at base. Of course summoning Abigail so much costs a lot of sanity, so I was running away from frogs and then nightmares, I didn't have a weapon or armor on me (because frogs). Though we had a Willow so I dropped a Bernie on the ground to distract nightmares so I could have time to grab a glass cutter. Also combine all of that with almost starvation. Eventually the frog rain stopped. 
That was one exhilarating near-death experience.
I even have a screenshot of the situation saved.
20191028204859_1.thumb.jpg.0ddf0485a5c571148c751afe1524c978.jpg

Being saved from death.. or did you mean death while being saved?

theres a difference- the first one while rare: Is when you survive a situation you normally should have died from.

the Second is much more common: This is when a Situation you normal would have survived from decides to save the game lagging you right back into danger and to your sudden death.

Early on when I was beginning to play, I was Wigfrid and I went out to fill out an area of the map super far from base and didn’t go with much food because I didn’t think I would need it. Dogs came and I believe it was second year spring so they were plenty. I bumped into a moose goose and eventually her and I 2vX’d a wolf pack and some random spider passerby’s. Then after the bloodshed, I decided “hey she’s probably hurt, I’m gonna kill her too”. I understand that she’s easy for everyone but it was my first time brawling with her and she kind of kicked my ass and broke my 4 helmets and left me with 30 health so I decided eh “I better run”. Turns out, as soon as I start peeling off I start taking starvation damage and only have 30 health and am no where near a good source of meat. When I get down to 8 health I see a pig minding his own business and I run him down with a might umlaut scream as I pray that Wigfrid’s battle heal can keep me alive and that I don’t want to get a pig skin this one time. I’m pretty sure I dropped to exactly one health before I stuffed that bacon in my mouth. I went back home and lived my life as a meatball eating hermit forever scarred from the trauma of near death.

Playing Wolfgang on hamlet. Chased by the BFB (was planned, was near the pig town), then "I don't feel so good", BFB catches me, I had low hunger and low sanity.

Luckily, the caves lead to a place on the main island very close to my base.

Spring.
Frog rain.
Then another.
Then another.
Frogs everywhere.
Rain.
Frogs in the rain.
Freezing.
Every time I stand still long enough to craft something, I get some tongue.
I'm literally about to die to frog rain this isn't what I trained for

Wander near Dfly.
Dfly gets some  l i k k

I now have infinite frog legs.

There was this Wes in my game that was a God send. Pretty sure he'd be better off with other characters but I guess he wanted to meme. He never said a word in chat and always supplied our community with food from god knows where. When our community was begging to starve, he went missing for days, and since I wasn't familiar with the game, I went after him. It was winter and I began to freeze (I was playing as Webber) and didn't know what to do, since my torch clearly wasn't cutting it. That bastard Wes came out of nowhere (I think he was coincidentally coming back to the base) and gave me a winter hat. As soon as spring hit, he left the game. I never met another Wes as good as that guy. Godspeed, Wes main. Godspeed.

Hmm...well, one time I decided to randomise the seasons--ALL of them, including the starting one--in regular DS.  Lucky me, I got...SUMMER!  And of course we're talking Reign of Giants summer here.

So Maxwell just barely told me "You better eat something before night comes, pal!" and I'm already in the harsh season that not only has lethal temperatures, but lethal temperatures you need SCIENCE to combat!  Winter's bad enough, but at least _if_ you can find some basics fast enough, you can make a normal fire right from the get-go.  But you needs you a gold nugget before you can even THINK about endothermic fires...

I was absolutely CERTAIN I was gonna die.  Dodging from tree to tree, can I make a parasol?  Will that help any?

...and then I came across a rock area JUST in time, with both types of rock, bang bang gold science machine (I'd already been collecting basics like wood, grass, twigs, flint etc., because I always do) bang bang nitre endo fire PHEW!

There.  My science machine is here, so now my base is here. Who CARES if it's ugly or not in a carefully picked out location; I'm ALIVE!  With a _summer_ start!  I can fix it up later.  : P

...Notorious

Archived