Who originally wrote the Codex Umbra? Theory on Wabdul Walhazred, the occultist before Maxwell.

We know that Maxwell (born William Carter) found, a few years before 1906, dispersed in a desert in the central United States following a train accident, a tome that will radically change its existence and that of many other unsuspecting people: the Codex Umbra. Parody of the most famous Necronomicon, the tome that appears cyclically in the works of H.P. Lovecraft, the Codex Umbra contains a forbidden and ancestral knowledge, of alien creatures so incomprehensible and terrifying as to lead to madness with the only vision of them.
In Lovecraft's work the Necronomicon was a greek translation of a byzantine abbot.
Thus the Codex Umbra seems to be the Latin translation of something much more ancient and ancestral. Who was the first occultist who translated those texts and left the Codex Umbra to posterity? He could himself be a parody of the author of the original Arabic text of the Necronomicon, Abdul Alhazred. In the game, jokingly, it could be called Wabdul Walhazred, given the omnipresence of the "W" at the beginning of the names.
Could it possibly be a new DLC character? And what skills could he have?
If we are inspired by the figure of the true Abdul, he should have an immeasurable forbidden knowledge, but at the same time he should be followed by a hideous invisible creature.
Wabdul could therefore be "virtually" immortal: He discovered through ancient science how to live eternally. This means that at 0 health points it does not die, but all the damage it suffers further would decrease the sanity. Wabdul could only be killed by the shadows, and could be haunted by a shadow more dangerous than the others, which haunts him. This shadow would be invulnerable, provided you build a dagger with rare materials from all over the world (thulecite, lunar glass, prismatic gem, etc.).
Abdul would therefore be a character with a clear "personal goal" in the game: to kill the entity that has been haunting him for centuries and whispers unspeakable things to him. But like all nightmares, killing him would only give a moment of respite: because he would return again, and again, and again, in a constant and perpetual cycle...

4 minutes ago, Pop Guy said:

Impossible, it doesn't have the "W" in the name. It seems pretty obvious though, come on.

She just wrote the book,names starting with W are only for playable characters. Charlie,Bernie and Abigail don't start their names with W. Also DLC characters aren't related to the game's main lore.

Who wrote the Codex Umbra? Someone from Earth or someone from Constant? If someone from Earth how he got knowledge to even create it and why did he wanted to create it? If some from the Constant how they created it is easier to explain becouse magic  exist there but how did they brought it to Earth and why? And if they brought it to Earth are they still there? Becouse why would they leave it on Earth? It wasn't something important to them or got stolen from them and they dissapered or got killed? That's all my questions about codex umbra.

I like to think that Codex Umbra wasn't written in a traditional sense but brought into existence by Them, and They purposefully left it in the normal world to lure fools with a thirst for knowledge and/or power into their clutches. And it appears to be written in whatever language its current user believes spooky ancient grimoires should be written in.

9 hours ago, GrandTardigrade said:

Well he was a DLC character for a while. I mean that.

He wasn't a DLC character, he was just a part of a beta which required the Hamlet DLC to be a part of. You could still play him in vanilla worlds with 0 DLC compatibility, which isn't possible with any DLC character (trying to choose Walani and then disabling SW compatibility for example will just turn you into Wilson.)

1 hour ago, -Variant said:

He was a free character update that while having no relation to Hamlet, was heavily advertised with Hamlet.
He's just a DS character, not DLC. :}

1 hour ago, Sunset Skye said:

He wasn't a DLC character, he was just a part of a beta which required the Hamlet DLC to be a part of. You could still play him in vanilla worlds with 0 DLC compatibility, which isn't possible with any DLC character (trying to choose Walani and then disabling SW compatibility for example will just turn you into Wilson.)

of course it is gratifying to write a topic and see a debate about an idiotic thing that has nothing to do with the topic. Now I understand why you always put the "confused" faces. :D

i have a feeling that the codex umbra is related to imps or Wortox

Wortox's quote for the codex umbra is "i don't think he knows how to use it" 

which means that Wortox knows about the codex umbra, or at-least have heard about it.

This could spark an interesting theory. Where did Wortox come from and how did he know about the Codex Umbra? Was he related to "them"? 

It’s also interesting to note that Wortox's quote for Ancient Fuelweaver is "Shall we dance, dearest demon?"

55 minutes ago, AlphaWolf222 said:

which means that Wortox knows about the codex umbra, or at-least have heard about it.

This could spark an interesting theory. Where did Wortox come from and how did he know about the Codex Umbra? Was he related to "them"? 

It’s also interesting to note that Wortox's quote for Ancient Fuelweaver is "Shall we dance, dearest demon?"

Yeah, but it can also mean that it didn't end well for him becouse he probably didn't know what he was doing. As for Wortox, I think that maybe all the creatures and whole Consant was created by Them, They are probably like the gods and got enough power to do that.

8 hours ago, AlphaWolf222 said:

That's a lot to get from one quote. To me, "I don't think he knows how to use it" just sounds like Wortox making a joke about Maxwell being bad at magic. It doesn't necessarily mean he knows what it is, know what it's called, or that he's related to some big part of the plot... it could really just mean Wortox saw that Maxwell uses the codex umbra to summon shadow minions, and then made a joke about him not being good at it.

Archived