[Game Update] - 164

Don't Starve Together Update 1.64 - 10/24/2019 (PlayStation 4)

Hey everyone! Today we are launching Wurt and Hallowed Nights!

The cold wind howls. Trees stand tall and bare, their skeletal branches silhouetted against a broken moon. Gather close children, for these are the Hallowed Nights when ghouls and monsters come out to play… and something has started watching our Survivors from the fog.

Being a young and impressionable merm, Wurt has grown quite fascinated by the Survivors and their strange ways. Bucking the usual merm tradition of simply stomping anything new and strange into the ground, she has decided to venture outside her cozy swamp to learn more about these odd scale-less beings. Perhaps this will be the start of a new chapter in Survivor-merm relations...

Update Notes:

• Wurt might be a fish out of water, but she's found herself right at home among the other Survivors! Wurt is a curious young Merm trying to expand her horizons… as long as those horizons don’t extend into Pig territory.
  • Wurt can spot where danger is hiding in the swamp.
  • Wurt can craft the Royal Tapestry and make a home for the Merm King and his Guards.
  • Wurt can craft Merm Houses and Merm Flort-ifications.
  • Wurt moves faster while on the swamp and can craft tiles to expand her turf.
  • Wurt is a vegetarian with a particular appreciation for Durians.
  • Wurt can craft a Clever Disguise to get other survivors to blend in with her swamp friends.
  • Wurt likes to keep Pet Fish in her inventory.
  • Wurt strongly dislikes Pigs.
  • Being wet does not affect Wurt's strong grip.

Wurt can be unlocked in the following ways:

• The Complete Hallowed Nights Chest, for $19.99.
  • The Wurt Deluxe Chest is $9.99 and includes the Guest of Honor, Triumphant and Abyssal skin sets.
  • You can weave Wurt for 2700 spool. 

Additional Update Notes:

• Start of Hallowed Nights.
  • Added a new retrofitting pass for worlds that have under 5 Cookie Cutter spawners or under 20 Salt Formations.
  • Improved how boat collisions are resolved.
  • Fossil Fragments no longer sink in the ocean.
  • Music volume increased for most musical cues.

More information about Wurt and Hollowed Nights can be found here: 

Till next time! 

View full update

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the update

6 minutes ago, JanH said:
  • The Complete Hallowed Nights Chest, for $19.99.
  • The Wurt Deluxe Chest is $9.99 and includes the Guest of Honor, Triumphant and Abyssal skin sets.

None of these are available in the shop!

Edited by mzajy
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, JanH said:

Hey folks, sorry about that. The deploy was delayed by a few minutes, but they should be up on the shop now.

They still missing from the shop.

/

After completing the Trade Inn puzzle the game stuck at (Reporting wrapper tidying'...)

• Developer
Just now, mzajy said:

Did you try shutting down and restarting the game. It only checks for available purchases once on startup. We tested and are seeing the bundles in the store here.

3 minutes ago, mzajy said:

Do you have a PSN account from the americas or the EU?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

Did you try shutting down and restarting the game. It only checks for available purchases once on startup. We tested and are seeing the bundles in the store here.

Yes, I did try that, and nothing happened.

1.thumb.jpg.7fc358a19c4a8d72d47746986a4d5440.jpg2.thumb.jpg.4f1c003a829988ce824f3c9025b596b8.jpg

11 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

Do you have a PSN account from the americas or the EU?

EU ... KU_AQbLODYn

• Developer

Hmm, strange that only those 3 are showing up. Could be a regional store issue? I don't suppose there is anyone in the EU region that can confirm they are able to see the content in their storefront, is there?

• Thanks 1

@JanH

Thanks a lot. Me And my wife Are fans for years now And se always look forward for new content. And you guys, this year? OH my gosh.. you rock.. !!  Back in dark ages on ps4 it was hell... Waiting whole year for something to happen.. but now.. right now all the content with PC? You are the Myths... And for you guys, pacientky waiting as we Are. Here Is something to cheer you up. My wife Is crotcheting Wendy now, she Is not finished yet And its just a prototype (shes already planning on doing skins for her). Maybe it makes the day for someone. 

Thanks R.

IMG_20191024_205215.jpg

@mzajy @CharlesBIn my shop i can buy, woodie, warly, winona, contenders promo, magmatic bundle, complete gorge And all survivors gladiators.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

@mzajy Can you only see those 3 bundles now? All the others (Woodie, Warly, Willow, etc) should still be there as well

From the day the shop was introduced, every bundle I bought disappear from the shop afterward! only these 3 remained.

/

There is something else I would like to mention, I can't use the filter anymore! the cross will not reach it for some reason!

Edited by mzajy

• Developer
34 minutes ago, mzajy said:

There is something else I would like to mention, I can't use the filter anymore! the cross will not reach it for some reason!

Thanks for the info. I've passed it along to the team as well. We've asked Sony to look into why the new content isn't appearing for you, and also why the older content is disappearing on you after you've purchased it. (It should always be appearing)

• Thanks 2

• Developer

Yes, the XB1 update is currently in the publishing process on the Microsoft side. While the process on PS4 can usually be done in about 20 minutes, on XB1 it can take sometimes take several hours before it is live to the public.

We apologize for the delay, but are hoping it will be live shortly. 

• Thanks 2

On 10/24/2019 at 1:41 PM, JanH said:

Added a new retrofitting pass for worlds that have under 5 Cookie Cutter spawners or under 20 Salt Formations.

Does this mean that worlds before salty dogs will finally have salt pouches and ect returning to their rightful locations in the world! :D

• Like 1

My world doesn't seem to have any new Halloween trinkets spawned in, is anyone else having a similar issue? It's honestly not that much of an issue considering I still have stockpiles from last year but it would be nice to get into the Halloween spirit. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1