2kg+ of pO2 and pufts are always starving??

How many critters do you have in total? Including those morbs?

I would guess that with all the critter-related calculations that need to be done, pufts just don't get the chance to feed. The game never gets there before they start starving.

Get rid of the morbs and see if things get better. You can get plenty of po2 from polluted water.

I think biopon is right. Critter's logic is executed in separate thread and is not synchronized with main thread. When computer does not have enough processing power for all critters, they stay in same position and do nothing. Pause your game and wait few seconds, if after that all your starving pufts will start to eat simultaneously then the problem is identified.

6 hours ago, biopon said:

How many critters do you have in total? Including those morbs?

I would guess that with all the critter-related calculations that need to be done, pufts just don't get the chance to feed. The game never gets there before they start starving.

Get rid of the morbs and see if things get better. You can get plenty of po2 from polluted water.

What do you mean get pO2 from polluted water? How is that? I've tried putting a thin layer of pO2 in the ground and it doesn't seems to work

1 hour ago, gaucho_tche said:

What do you mean get pO2 from polluted water? How is that? I've tried putting a thin layer of pO2 in the ground and it doesn't seems to work

Bottled PH2O emit's PO2 faster than puddles of polluted water, polluted dirt, and slime COMBINED!

I once made a thread last year about PO2 generation for puft farms using bottled PH2O

easiest way is to fill a reservoir with polluted water then deconstruct it leaving a 200kg bottle

but if you want to automate it you can set a plumber to empty a pipe that has continuous PH2O and use an atmosphere sensor to lock the room preventing the plumber from reaching the pipe once you have the desired amount

An alternative is to use algae terrariums, true you'll need to use some of your slime from the pufts to make algae but only a small amount.  Here's an old puft farm design I posted last year, thank goodness it was archived so it still can be found:

2 hours ago, gaucho_tche said:

It works. In the picture the bottom liquid is 200kg brine and the top liquid is ~1000T polluted water. It explodes into huge quantities of polluted oxygen a few times a cycle.

7.thumb.gif.4d5ec312abce290b988b79b8532e6fc7.gif

Keep the gas pressure above the PW below 1800g and the PW itself high.

1 hour ago, Neotuck said:

Bottled PH2O emit's PO2 faster than puddles of polluted water, polluted dirt, and slime COMBINED!

I once made a thread last year about PO2 generation for puft farms using bottled PH2O

easiest way is to fill a reservoir with polluted water then deconstruct it leaving a 200kg bottle

but if you want to automate it you can set a plumber to empty a pipe that has continuous PH2O and use an atmosphere sensor to lock the room preventing the plumber from reaching the pipe once you have the desired amount

An alternative is to use algae terrariums, true you'll need to use some of your slime from the pufts to make algae but only a small amount.  Here's an old puft farm design I posted last year, thank goodness it was archived so it still can be found:

I don't think i get it, if you set the plumber to clear the pipe and there's a continuous flow, won't it keep clearing forever, non-stop? Care to send me a picture or save game of that design?

Also about the thread you posted, where the pO2 bottles come from?

16 hours ago, gaucho_tche said:

So my chambers have 2kg+ of pO2 and the pufts are still always starving and because of that, gloom. Why would that be? all the room is full of pO2 near 2kg... I don't see the reason...1.png

Your mouseover says "Oxygen".  I also see hydrogen in the room. Are the pufts that are starving in a room with only PO2, or are there other gasses that may be keeping them from breathing the PO2?

Just now, KittenIsAGeek said:

Your mouseover says "Oxygen".  I also see hydrogen in the room. Are the pufts that are starving in a room with only PO2, or are there other gasses that may be keeping them from breathing the PO2?

It's full of 2kg pO2, that i can assure you.

2 hours ago, Neotuck said:

It just depends on mass. Every tick, 0.1% chance for  0.1% of mass to convert to po2, at least for pwater. Dirt & slime are similar but the actual formula is different. (It's a square root thing for solids IIRC so you're better off with many small piles rather than one huge, but I digress.)

The reason bottles are popular is because you can create a 20-ton bottle relatively easily, this will give you 48kg po2 per cycle, while a full tile of pwater is only 2.4kg/cycle. Unless... airflow tiles and all that. Like with a double application of @mathmanican's evil.

image.thumb.png.f06b39a31401bd0db21f83bacb023619.png

I don't think i get it, if you set the plumber to clear the pipe and there's a continuous flow, won't it keep clearing forever, non-stop? Care to send me a picture or save game of that design?

I don't have a pic but the plumber stops when the shift ends so the plumber will leave the room every cycle.  Then you can use a pressure plate under the bottles to lock the room when you have the desired amount of bottles

Also about the thread you posted, where the pO2 bottles come from?

waste from the terrariums

1 minute ago, Neotuck said:

I don't have a pic but the plumber stops when the shift ends so the plumber will leave the room every cycle.  Then you can use a pressure plate under the bottles to lock the room when you have the desired amount of bottles

waste from the terrariums

1) won't it lock the plumber that way in the room?

2) the terrariums, do they produce the bottles automatically or how?

1 hour ago, biopon said:

It just depends on mass. Every tick, 0.1% chance for  0.1% of mass to convert to po2, at least for pwater. Dirt & slime are similar but the actual formula is different. (It's a square root thing for solids IIRC so you're better off with many small piles rather than one huge, but I digress.)

The reason bottles are popular is because you can create a 20-ton bottle relatively easily, this will give you 48kg po2 per cycle, while a full tile of pwater is only 2.4kg/cycle. Unless... airflow tiles and all that. Like with a double application of @mathmanican's evil.

image.thumb.png.f06b39a31401bd0db21f83bacb023619.png

How to create a 20 ton bottle?

Just now, gaucho_tche said:

1) won't it lock the plumber that way in the room?

2) the terrariums, do they produce the bottles automatically or how?

1) it's easy to set up a "one way" lock to prevent dupes from getting locked in, I'll post a picture soon to show how

2) needs to be emptied by dupes so it's only semi-automated

1 minute ago, gaucho_tche said:

Also, am i correct to assume that multiple bottles produce more pO2 than a single one?

The rate of off gassing depends on how much PW kg they hold.  the more they stack the more they hold and the more PO2 they off gas.  Much more piratical than using Morbs

Nice. So i am waiting for your picture. Will it produce a new bottle each time it clears the pipe and starts over or will they combine in a single one?

The thing with morbs is that they produce pO2 using no resources. While any other solution is resource based.

20 minutes ago, gaucho_tche said:

Nice. So i am waiting for your picture. Will it produce a new bottle each time it clears the pipe and starts over or will they combine in a single one?

The thing with morbs is that they produce pO2 using no resources. While any other solution is resource based.

This pic is just about one way locking rooms and to answer your question the bottles will stack into a single one, you can use a pressure plate to determine how much kg you want in the bottle

The main idea is to use 2 doors stacked with the bottom door open with automation so dupes can run freely in and out of the room

20191024132136_1.thumb.jpg.ff11913467c6a3fb0ad7896f6b908a8a.jpg

when automation locks the bottom door the dupe will need to climb to the top door to leave the room

20191024132158_1.thumb.jpg.1035e23488fda484067661ad24865383.jpg20191024132224_1.thumb.jpg.847be09b01ea6cfeeba7327a205310ea.jpg

the top doors settings are set so dupes can only pass though going right only

0000000001.png.90711ac7ddd92a1a77fc9c15d0262768.png

now the dupes are locked out of the room with no way back in until automation opens the bottom door

20191024132244_1.thumb.jpg.25edd0f606e932767783f6ca2bc53cb5.jpg

21 minutes ago, gaucho_tche said:

Also, am i correct to assume that multiple bottles produce more pO2 than a single one regardless of how much it's carrying?

It doesn't matter for pwater, many small bottles = 1 large bottle if mass is identical. For pdirt/slime you'd want many small piles.

16 minutes ago, gaucho_tche said:

Will it produce a new bottle each time it clears the pipe and starts over or will they combine in a single one?

It combines up to 25t, then a new bottle starts.

16 minutes ago, gaucho_tche said:

The thing with morbs is that they produce pO2 using no resources

The thing with morbs is that they absolutely murder game performance. Pretty much every critter can be kept immobile on 1 tile (so there's no pathing calculation needed) but morbs need to walk around to produce po2, so this is not an option for them. They're just plain bad. I used to morb. Once. My rancher would spend all day unsuccessfully calling the poor glum pufts to the grooming station, but they did not compute. Then morbs dead = all was fine. This is probably why yours don't eat.

Archived