What Ideas/Tweaks do you have for the game?

On 9/29/2019 at 8:47 PM, ShadowDuelist said:

caged birds, when overfed,should slowly grow fat, until they eventually become a huge chubby bird that occupies most of the cage's interior.

Reveal hidden contents

fat-bird.jpg.5417386270e2946854ec37d00fa6e97e.jpg

Then they become a huge meal for people to eat, hurts health a bit but gives you a lot of food (maybe 50 or more hunger, depends on how much you fed them, of course it wouldn't be 1:1 because feeding it 50 meaty stews and having it give like 50 x 150 hunger would just be stupid, maybe 1:5?)

In my opinion simple things like :

•Being able to jump to other areas when there’s a little water between them.

•Koalefant taming,even if you cannot ride it.

•A vaccine for diseases.

•A new trader.

•Winter’s Feast and Hallowed Nights own crockpot recipes.

•Being able to paint and name your boat.

•Coffee in DST

•More lunar tools.

Been thinking about a Wolfgang Rework, we already know that they will get refreshed and he has yet to receive one.. but what would make playing as him more fun? 

Well I could only think of one thing- being a Strongman with incredible strength on a full belly how about allowing him to pick up his teamates and throw them (useful for crossing over gaps of water similar to the way Wortox can Soul Hop) I really cant think of much else for the guy.. but I’m certain with the recent refreshes Klei will come up with something!

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Well I could only think of one thing- being a Strongman with incredible strength on a full belly how about allowing him to pick up his teamates and throw them (useful for crossing over gaps of water similar to the way Wortox can Soul Hop)

Hmmm today I will join a public server as Wolfgang, find a base and raid its icebox to go mighty, then systematically hunt down every player in the server and repeatedly yeet them into the water until they freeze to death.

Jokes aside I love the sound of a mighty throw and it would be really fun to play around with on servers with friends. It'd be cool if you could throw players directly into mobs to deal damage. And maybe the throw could work for followers like pigs and bunnymen, too? When the bunnymen start panicking then just pick some up and hurl 'em into the Bee Queen's face!

2 minutes ago, Well-met said:

pig king's setpiece needs a revamp. Sanity pillars make no sense and he needs pig guards to drive off every pub ever from basing on him.

finally, a pig king base nerf

this is what the game needed, somehow

Probaly refresh Wendy so she can gain sanity next to a grave. Also, she would dig the grave without sanity loss. I guess it makes sense, since she is accostumed to death and doesn't fear the darkness and supernatural things, feeling comfortable in a cemetery and things like that. The ghosts in the full moon could also be neutral towards her.

Lazy furnace integration: Being able to instantly cook all your items at once would be a dream. And we already had the functionality with fire packim bagums in SW, so I can't see why it shouldn't be here

A reason for the lazy deserter to exist in SP: while I understand that DST is a multiplayer game, It is quite irritating for this object to be litterally useless when not playing with people.

A Solo mode: Again, I know that it's a multiplayer game, but I can't see it being that hard to reduce enemy damage and HP while alone. 

weapon, item, and structure rebalances: there is a lot of stuff in DST that goes mostly unused either because there being better options cheaper, or the item's gimmik just not being practical. things like the Batbat, Theulicite club, theulicite suit, pick/axe, night light, and more are basically never crafted.

Beefalo taming overhaul: Ironically, Beefalo taming is more suited to SP, as taming a beefalo on a pub requires everyone on the server to work on keeping it tame while you're away.

I would like for pets to do more than just give cuddles or be something extra that you have to feed.. 

Their current purpose in the game is purely cosmetic (from what I can tell) but.. perhaps they can and SHOULD be expanded upon.

first off it takes quite a few ingredients to even craft a pet, many of these ingredients can be pretty tough to come by, so it baffles me at how completely “Useless” these things feel.

Take GlomGlom as an Example: Requires 1 bag of Taffy & Glommer’s Guts to Craft.. and what does he do?? Absolutely Nothing! 

I play a game called Ark Survival Evolved and in that game there is an Equally Useless Moth that can be tamed, the Moth for the most part is just a flying mount to get around in Ark... but it does have one cool feature- when it is attacked it shoots dust in an AoE that “slows” its attacker’s to a crawl.. 

this could be useful in DST for Glomglom to help you fend off the hundreds of spiders who come to eat you when your exploring caves.

Also the Vargling- Requires 1 Monster Lasagna & 4 Hound Teeth to Craft but it’s also Equally Useless... would be cool if you could have him go off and fetch small things for you like Sticks & Rocks, maybe even you could equip it with a small satchel to carry things for you.

idk just in their current state: Pets seem to require too much effort than what they are actually worth. :(

Archived