Speculation for Webber's short

So, for the past few shorts we've gotten some relatively dark stuff (Willow killing all the children in the orphanage, Maman Angeline is probably dead, and the fact krampus was about to commit kidnapping of a baby beefalo)

So for Webber's short I thought, What if he was eaten by the spider on Earth? It's not too far-fetched since a shadow creature did make it to Earth in Willow's short, as for something dark what if Webber was discriminated afterwards for being a "colored" individual and ran away to the Constant somehow? It'd be pretty darn dark but I'd personally love it.

Even better if Webber's rework is in February in time for Black History month, Who knows! Tell me what you think of this idea.

Its just gonna be like Woodie's 100%. Hes just gonna be running around like "spider boy, spider boy, does whatever a spider boy does" show off whatever things they gave him. I highly doubt they're gonna show how he got into the constant, what he looked like before, and actually showing him get vored by a spider. My opinion means something because I have every webber skin/item. fear me

What’s with the Webber and race discrimination? This isn’t the first time I’ve seen it mentioned. Webber is a literal monster (spider-human mix). That’s why animals and people are afraid of him. Is there some dialogue he has that specifies his human race or something, or are some people just reading into him too much?

I predict one of two outcomes

1, Webber gets Hamlet disguise, and we see him nervously walk among the pig; I'd be disappointed in this creatively, but for all the times I've been annoyed by last minute pig additions, being able to slack off would be nice.

2, Webber gets alternate den recipes (ie cave spiders), and we'd see him recently after being eaten and living among his new friends. I'd be more interested in this because I've been torn on whether spiders remind me more of ants or bagworms (they don't act anything like real spiders)

1 hour ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

I predict one of two outcomes

1, Webber gets Hamlet disguise, and we see him nervously walk among the pig; I'd be disappointed in this creatively, but for all the times I've been annoyed by last minute pig additions, being able to slack off would be nice.

2, Webber gets alternate den recipes (ie cave spiders), and we'd see him recently after being eaten and living among his new friends. I'd be more interested in this because I've been torn on whether spiders remind me more of ants or bagworms (they don't act anything like real spiders)

I really like the idea of Webber being able to utilize their underground brethren for use on the surface!

Spitters would absolutely lend a helping hand since they'd be able to attack from outside the range of AoE baddies that normally one shot spiders! :emmersed:

I don't think that even if they do show his past they won't show him actually getting eaten and instead just have his like screaming face and then fade to black. If they don't show his backstory it'll probably be him just chillin' with spiders and then going to war with pigs or whatever.

On the off chance it's neither of these, there's the really weird third option of his rework just being him able to split from his spider body and fight as both the spider and him, or being able to turn fully human or fully spider for a limited time.

Or being able to go into spider dens idk he said it looked cozy in there and I believe him.

On 9/26/2019 at 6:40 PM, cantbeatdaboss said:

I mean didn't warbucks get removed because his character was racist/offensive, even if it was historically accurate

Well, that and the fact he was super boring right at that time that Klei decided going a new direction with character additions. It seemed at that time that during work on Hamlet Klei looked back at the Shipwrecked-exclusive characters and saw they hadn't been bold enough with them, leaving them with somewhat bland perks. They saw in Warbucks a repeat of that same approach used before.

If you think about it that period where Klei made the bold decision to delete Warbucks is what kicked off this whole wave of character reworks we've been getting now. So Warbucks had to go for Wheeler to come in with way better perks that would never fit with an old douchey explorer (The unique dodge perk and speed boost based on inventory space).

17 hours ago, sinisterrkid said:

Well, that and the fact he was super boring right at that time that Klei decided going a new direction with character additions. It seemed at that time that during work on Hamlet Klei looked back at the Shipwrecked-exclusive characters and saw they hadn't been bold enough with them, leaving them with somewhat bland perks. They saw in Warbucks a repeat of that same approach used before.

If you think about it that period where Klei made the bold decision to delete Warbucks is what kicked off this whole wave of character reworks we've been getting now. So Warbucks had to go for Wheeler to come in with way better perks that would never fit with an old douchey explorer (The unique dodge perk and speed boost based on inventory space).

Ew i hate Wheeler so much everything about her character just feels wrong ESPECIALLY the dodge roll

Archived