[Woodie Rework] I think Klei did a great job

Hi, first of all english isnt my birth language, sorry about your eyes.

I was trying the new (new) Woodie and i think he is now so strong and funny.

Since the sanity penalty its low you can spam the forms. Maybe Moose its not perfect for some boss fights but he is pretty cool farming small mobs since does AoE damage, has OP farming speed and can scout so well before speed items could be accesible

Having 90% of damage reduction, axe, shovel and pickaxe without durability makes him a perfect combination between Wolfgang and Mawell concept but played in other way.

Now, the only thing to worry about its have food and some healing for the -20 penalty of idols and slots if you dont want to drop your hand and head items.

The only problem I see now its that goose form gets a little useless when you have walking cane or magiluminescence

But the most importat thing is having fun and with Woodie this is easy so Great job Klei!

Definetely. He's become very fun to play - viable as well. I think some people were a little too quick to give overly negative feedback. Feedback is fine, but it should have been more constructive. Oh well, as you said, Klei did an awesome job with the rework regardless :)     

31 minutes ago, MrLJensen said:

Definetely. He's become very fun to play - viable as well. I think some people were a little too quick to give overly negative feedback. Feedback is fine, but it should have been more constructive. Oh well, as you said, Klei did an awesome job with the rework regardless :)     

Prior to the changes made Woodie was weak and awkward and his forms sucked for the resources spent.

They weren’t too quick to give negative feedback because it led to rapid and beneficial changes.

I think Woodie is currently in a great spot and I enjoy playing him but that doesn’t mean he was good right after the rework.  Most of the changes were numbers tweaks (though goose gained a grace period before fast meter drain and waterwalking) but there’s a reason 10 bananas for a dollar is a good deal but 1 banana for 10 dollars is not.  Numbers matter a lot.

55 minutes ago, Toros said:

Prior to the changes made Woodie was weak and awkward and his forms sucked for the resources spent.

They weren’t too quick to give negative feedback because it led to rapid and beneficial changes.

I think Woodie is currently in a great spot and I enjoy playing him but that doesn’t mean he was good right after the rework.  Most of the changes were numbers tweaks (though goose gained a grace period before fast meter drain and waterwalking) but there’s a reason 10 bananas for a dollar is a good deal but 1 banana for 10 dollars is not.  Numbers matter a lot.

ye but people almost burn the forum when Woodie only needed a few changes in these numbers. As said before, Klei needs constructive feedback 

7 minutes ago, thetricker1 said:

ye but people almost burn the forum when Woodie only needed a few changes in these numbers. As said before, Klei needs constructive feedback 

Idk man, I've seen much worse. Ever been in a Korean MMO community? Oof.

I'm actually enjoying playing Woodie though! Never thought I would. He was never to my taste, but jack of all trade characters get me every time.

4 hours ago, thetricker1 said:

Sometimes people don't know how to channel their frustration into concise feedback. It happens and has happened to all of us until you realize giving logical ideas works much better than ranting like a madman xD

I LOVE playing as Woodie now. His Weremoose form is great for taking out anything that isn't like a raid boss (spider queens are my favorite use for the Weremoose, although frog rains and Antlion are both close) and his Werebeaver form is amazing at chopping down trees and digging their stumps. It's a lot of fun fighting stuff as the Weremoose, especially since you get to do it without using up any armor or weapon, just the cost of the idol and some sanity.

The Weregoose has to be my favorite transformation, though. It's silly, the music is great and it's the most convenient thing. On the surface, being able to run in quite literally a straight line from point A to point B with night vision, weather protection and more speed than a walking cane (without dropping your backpack!) makes it probably my most used form. In the caves, the lack of water to run on is balanced out by the fact that night vision is significantly more useful in the caves than it is on the surface.

These transformations don't really push Woodie's human form into obscurity, though. He and Lucy are really great at spawning Treeguards or doing some quick chopping, and he is better at fighting than the Weremoose when there's few targets and affordable armor & weaponry (I usually use Log Suits and Dark Swords).

Overall, I think he might be my favorite character now. His transformations are all very useful and good at their job, and they make you feel very powerful if you can manage to consistently restore all the health and sanity you lose from using them.

Archived