R.I.P

Dexter Khaver

After the cancellation of Hamlet 1.0 we will have another dlc ? because honestly I did not like so much dlc the content is cool but I was not pleased that they had canceled the content to focus on dst. I’d really like to see the singplayer that they talked about so much that it would be unforgettable that it would be the best...

I just want to see DS updated with all of the little extra features that DST has. Nothing too major like the ANR Bosses or anything, just things like Resource Variants, Customizable Caves, Character Reworks, Better Textures (Especially the ocean. SW ocean needs to look like that), Ruins Regeneration (AN OFFICIAL METHOD) and the new plants and structures, like Marble Beans and Mushroom Planters. And better Cave map generation. The Caves in DS are crap compared to DST.

1 hour ago, Alexias said:

They’re almost finishing the last part of RoT expansion (they added boss today) and  there is only 1 new character left to add.

I'm very sure RoT isn't going to have a total of two updates, especially with how empty the ocean still is. As for characters... We've got two new characters left. We've only gotten 2 of the 4 new characters (Wortox and Wormwood), and aside from that we've still got up to 10-15 reworks left, since they're almost certainly going to rework every character that's already in DST, and they've shown that DLC characters (like Warly) are fair game for reworks.

1 hour ago, Alexias said:

after that i hope they give DS some attention, they stopped fixing bugs since months.

Personally, I think the state of DS bugs is fine. I've only experienced one world-ending bug (the quackering wake one, which was easily fixed with a mod) and the majority of other bugs are either barely noticeable, or actually positive. SW is actually enjoyable to live in for the first time ever now, because seasons sometimes just don't have their negative effects! I'd much rather have a few negative bugs then have all of the positive ones fixed.

1 hour ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

The Caves in DS are crap compared to DST.

The caves in DS are designed with the context that there will always be 3. DST caves are huge and annoying to explore because there's only one with ~8 entrances and they're balanced with the idea that 6 players might be exploring them at once. I prefer the 3 little caves with 3 sets of ruins.

On 9/13/2019 at 2:41 PM, MWY said:

I don't think they have cancelled anything....yet

, infact they are just putting it on hold, so you might have to wait just like SW.

I still personally wish tho that they get back to DS singleplayer soon.

Have they said anything about this? I was unaware. I thought the version of Hamlet we have now is their final product.

If what you're saying is true, then we should expect some news after the finalization of Return of Them.

2 hours ago, mathem99 said:

Have they said anything about this? I was unaware. I thought the version of Hamlet we have now is their final product.

If what you're saying is true, then we should expect some news after the finalization of Return of Them.

Yes they have, in another thread I was fighting arguing against a lot of....very good people on these forums that I wanted some form of news or even a small amount of nod from Klei that if there will be anymore updates and new content in DS/HAM etc.

These good people kept telling me to shut it and not ask for any updates or content whatsoever cause Klei was too tired and we should be thankful for what we have been already given.

Of course then finally a dev came along and said there will be new stuff for DS and when they will finish it, they will announce it.

So yeah, we can't say when but we can say there will be.

p.s Klei is busy in DST so yeah, they are very very tired

59 minutes ago, MWY said:

Of course then finally a dev came along and said there will be new stuff for DS and when they will finish it, they will announce it.

So yeah, we can't say when but we can say there will be.

All this dev has stated is that their current plan is no different than it has ever been: if they have something to announce, they will. This doesn't mean they do have something. It's not out of the question that there's nothing else coming for the game, just like something could actually be coming. Please don't act as if what the dev said confirms anything. Here's the exact quote:

On 22/8/2019 at 10:09 PM, JoeW said:

It's just like every other DLC or platform announcement in the past. We announce information when information is available to announce. 

Sometimes we have long periods of time where we don't know when or how something is going to happen or if it will happen at all. When we have info. We will provide it. 

This is the most typical PR answer we could ever get. We already knew (or should already have known) what the dev said. Hamlet in its current state IS finished and even if this can be sad or disappointing for some people, it's the truth. Maybe we'll get a Home Sea Home kind of update if Klei thinks it's necessary, but again, nothing is confirmed.

@HobNob good luck making your 1000+ day mega base again with the new content and stuff we will eventually get,

I hope they also add a lot more stuff from RoG and SW in HAM Shops so we can get DLC content around anywhere we make a city.

I also would love a 6th Island in HAM where we can get an explanation for the Iron Hulk and Herald.

and lets not forget about all the Characters updates introduced in DST, I hope to see them soon in DS especially Woodies new forms.

7 minutes ago, MWY said:

@HobNob good luck making your 1000+ day mega base again with the new content and stuff we will eventually get,.

I've been having a lot of fun playing the game so honestly, I wouldn't even mind starting over and doing things differently (I kinda regret the way I've built certain things). Aside from that, it wouldn't even be that big of a loss since world hopping exists so I get to keep most of my resources. Also, I'm not basing in Hamlet or not even using it for anything other than world hopping for its resources which means that if they do change anything about Hamlet world gen, I'll just world hop again and get to experience the new content anyway.

So please, don't act as if I'm opposed to the idea of new content. I absolutely adore this game and I'd love to see more, it's just unlikely at this point though in my opinion.

I'm just worried that they are going to focus on more mega basing if they add more content to hamlet :/

DST is getting nothing but optional raid bosses and optional sailing with optional trophy items, and singleplayer got much of the same thing with hamlet.

A large mega base focus, and then ONLY optional bosses, there's no seasonal giants, other than MAYBE the Ancient Herald, but hes easy to avoid.

Remember when Don't Starve was a "Uncompromising Survival Wilderness" game?

39 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

I'm just worried that they are going to focus on more mega basing if they add more content to hamlet :/

that's why this Mega Base Public up there is worried that their mega basing based gameplay will be gone with any new content suggested by us guys whatsoever.

Spoiler

@HobNob, @Sunset Skye, @Maxil20 why do you even care about us asking Klei for new stuff when you know so well there won't be anything new anymore.

its like you don't want that and that is why you disagree with us all the time.

I still remember that there was an Adventure mode in which you were required to pass thru 6 different worlds that had a very unique and pure survival based setting all in order to unlock 2 characters (one which is a secret) and learn more about the Constant and how it came to be.

I mean the content during that time was just RoG and DS and with all that Adventure Mode was still very fun for me and it really gave me the Uncompromising Survival Wilderness experience where if you died once, you would have to try again from the start.

I really wish there was an Adventure Mode for both SW and HAM

Archived