PSA - Printing Pod Care Packages Duplication

Have you ever found yourself needing to get off the game, but wanting to print your next care package before leaving? If so, beware. You might get an extra.

• See bug reports 1 and 2 for more details I was unable to find any other references to this issue anywhere in the forums, and I don't think it has been discussed in the general forum yet.  I really like the spoiler given by @oconzer in the second bug report. 

The bug comes into play if you save the game after the care package has delivered its item, but before the care package has disappeared from the world. Just reload your game and the care package animation resets. From what I have observed, this is infinitely repeatable (brings a whole new meaning to save scumming).

Maybe this public service announcement will get this bug a little more attention.  The conveyor heat transfer bug is more annoying than this, but I got hit by this bug today on accident. I got 6 shove vole eggs instead of 3 by accident, and then decided to see how bad it could get (stopped at 42).  I then tried to duplicate dupes, to no avail, hoping to solve the "missing dupe" issue. It still might be the same issue, if you use the printing pod right before a new cycle and do a save/load (gotta test this still).   

At least I now know why one game I got 1000 kg of plastic instead of 500kg (after having my first glossy drop a tiny bit). 

1 hour ago, Xuhybrid said:

So pause the game, print the item, save and reload?

You have to let the care package pod open completely, upon which you'll see the item start to drop.  At that instant, until the care package disappears, you can save and reload. 

If someone wants to test this upon an end of day cycle, so see if they can get a second dupe, that might explain where the mysterious "missing dupes" threads is coming from. :)  You can't duplicate the dupes in the same manner as items.  I tried, and was hoping to get 36 dupes on cycle 3, and then enough food to feed them all on cycle 6.  :) 

39 minutes ago, 0xFADE said:

Can you dupe dupes?

17 hours ago, mathmanican said:

I then tried to duplicate dupes, to no avail, hoping to solve the "missing dupe" issue. It still might be the same issue, if you use the printing pod right before a new cycle and do a save/load (gotta test this still). 

You cannot duplicate Dupes.  Only the care packages.  The bug is showing up because first the care package itself is spawned and then the package spawns whatever is inside it.  If you pause,save,and reload before the package despawns, the it will run itself again. Repeat to hearts content

Archived