Unlimited objects from Printing Pod

MrBigDiggs
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

When you select an item for the printing pod to make, with a little timing you can have that printing pod drop an unlimited amount of that item.

When the animation starts, theres a very small window where the pod has opened and dropped the item (visible via a little impact puff on the ground), but the portal is still considered active (you can still see the light). If you save the game in this window, upon loading the game the printing pod animation will restart but the item will still be saved as on the ground which will produce a second of the same item. This process can be repeated as many times as you like, and each time you get a new "packet" of whatever the item was: 3 eggs, one WheezeWort seed, etc.

Steps to Reproduce
1. Select item to make via printing pod. 2. During pod animation just after lid has opened and item has dropped (indicated by impact smoke), pause game with spacebar. 3. Save game. 4. Reload game. 5. Printing pod animation will have restarted, and previously printed item(s) will remain on the ground. Repeat.

This issue has not been confirmed by a developer yet.

Report Bug

User Feedback

It may be considered a bug, but really? That much effort for something you can have for free, without cheating with sandbox mode? 

In the same time, you gain 3 worts by this bug, i can spawn hundrets of them.

Share this comment

Well considering it can be used to give you unlimited food, warts, coal, fertilizer, dirt, water, etc on cycle three, without having to leave the temperate biome or do any form of digging or exploration? Yes, one at a time, but every third cycle you choose what you have an infinite amount of next. I would certainly call that completely breaking to the games mechanics. Literally dont need to make a farm when I can just wait until day three, and then take five minutes to make 600 nutribars and be set for hundreds of cycles. Automation/smart batteries? Why bother? I have enough coal I have two dozen coal generators powering lightbulbs strictly so they'll make CO2. If you're wondering, the 70 wheezeworts handles all the heating issues. It's only cycle 9, but I have a good feeling about this run.

As for time, it takes a considerable amount of time to type the process, but in practice it literally only takes about 8-10 seconds to do. Drop, save/load. Drop, save/load. Longest section is the load time.

(for what it's worth, if you're SPAWNING warts instead of FINDING them, maybe it's not a great example of a unit of time. The speed of one bug or the use of sandbox mode does not invalidate a bug found in a playthrough that DOESN'T rely on bugs, or the use of  debug/sandbox mode.)

• Like 1

Share this comment

Sure its one thing to play with sandbox mode or without. But if you choose not to use it, why do actively use a bug? It makes not sense.

Yes, under very rare conditions, you may run into this by accident. But otherwise you have to take action all by yourself. Its not gamebreaking, because you choose to use it. 

• Confused 1

Share this comment

On 4/25/2019 at 5:52 PM, SharraShimada said:

Sure its one thing to play with sandbox mode or without. But if you choose not to use it, why do actively use a bug? It makes not sense.

Yes, under very rare conditions, you may run into this by accident. But otherwise you have to take action all by yourself. Its not gamebreaking, because you choose to use it. 

It's a bug, and this is the forum to report bugs. End thread.

• Like 1

Share this comment

13 hours ago, situpc said:

End thread.

SIR! Yes SIR!

Joke aside, i never doubted it is a bug. But its no gamebreaking one. 

Share this comment

Not gamebreaking in the sense that it crashes or makes the game unplayable, but gameplay breaking in the sense that it removes the need to do most of the game. Why dig out ANY zone? Why explore? Why even make a farm/grill? Why make a metal refinery instead of a rock crusher if I have unlimited sand and ore (the waste no longer matters)? I personally dont use it, but it is completely breaking when used, and unbalancing when used on accident.

I produced a bug on accident that WILL get abused, figured out how to reporduce it with some testing, and reported it. As is the purpose of this ENTIRE forum. It's confusing that you're wanting to be oddly abrasive about it.

Share this comment