Care package Duplication Bug

oconzer
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

I just found out that care packages are duplicating. As shown in my screen shots.

Spoiler

0274784B6B6316FF4E47337F9E687A512BB8D69C99B60894F9DF59D29D931A3934742993CB58338E

7A3CF5A11537C97B0690A4725F5D654FBDE9C7FF

38ADBB7DFBF74C9223133F74AF5A13B6F9A120C0

I'm attaching my save file.

Idyllic Acropolis.sav

EDIT (Explaination): I found out about this bug when I had to save and get off my computer for a while, came back and reloaded my game save when I originally only had 1 oxyfern seed spawn.

Steps to Reproduce
Load my save. Let it run for long enough for the care package to spawn. Save. Reload and notice another care package spawns.
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

After some testing with the bug, if the care package is apparently left to sit for long enough it won't duplicate again. Apparently the bug can only happen within a few seconds window of the care package spawning.

Share this comment

I assume it always requires you save/reload between when you select the package, and when it opens? Have you tried doing this with several different types of packages? This is definitely alarming.  A poor soul who things, "Wow, I get 8 fish" suddenly ends up with 32....  :)  Thanks for reporting. I'll play with it as well, and see if we can draw attention to this one.  

Sounds like another victim of the "save/reload" feature. 

Share this comment

I had originally not tested it with other packages (mainly because I didn't want to end up with a bunch of stuff), but I forgot that this game had a save as feature and I've been testing the bug out and it works with any package. Basically with enough patience a player could have infinite of anything the care packages spawn.

Share this comment

I recently found this. The bug was reported back in May. 

It's still there.  It works with any item.  The time window for the bug to happen is between when the item spawns into the world, and the care package despawns.  If you are playing on speed 1 setting, it is really easy to make this happen consistently. I spawned in 42 shove vole eggs before I stopped and decided to try and spawn in duplicants in the same way.  No luck. Seems only items can be duplicated. 

Share this comment