PIPs not planting?

Working fine all day here.

• Must be a natural tile or farm plot that the pip can access.
  • Must not be abyssalite or obsidian.
  • Must be a seed nearby for the pip to access.
  • Must have fewer than 3 roots of plants in a rectangle of range 6 left, 5 up, 5 right, 6 down from the tile.

hmm according what you wrote @nakomaru I can not see why the pip in the room above my park is not planting anything.. he s been in the room for like 10 cycles now and before him I had another one for the full lifespan of the pip... or well I guess it depends how you count the 5 tiles so possible the room/Park below that prevents it? I kind of want to think its the 6th tiles where the root sits of the trees below.. but that is including the tile where the seed is going to be planted...

image.thumb.png.a3f9efaa08c0c9854ad0b9a7753edb3b.png

30 minutes ago, nakomaru said:

If you plant top first, right to left, you can fit both layers with high density.

That's an unusual shape. It looks like it was meant to be "up 6" instead of "left 6", so that the order of planting doesn't matter.

I place storage lockers where i want them to focus planting and set specific seeds for that area to sweep only.
Then i go through the list with seeds "beep bop" and sweep them around.
Helps a lot, it seems.
wf2.thumb.PNG.cc8ded8938167f00dead98fd17d79c8f.PNG
I want to freeze an ice farm-water-ice for "wild" sleet wheat, but i have none :(
My coords are x736.6338 y143536.92 z76559.23123 please send me some sw seeds, i offer 25Tpetrol in frozen chunks, for each seed!

17 hours ago, nakomaru said:

Working fine all day here.

• Must be a natural tile that the pip can access.
  • Must not be abyssalite or obsidian.
  • Must be a seed nearby for the pip to access.
  • Must have fewer than 3 roots of plants in a rectangle of range 6 left, 5 up, 5 right, 5 down from the tile.

I think there is a logical mistake in these rules. They apply that room, the access does not matter. The room should matter, this is stupid.

3 minutes ago, Mutineer said:

I think there is a logical mistake in these rules. They apply that room, the access does not matter. The room should matter, this is stupid.

I don't really understand what you mean. Do you think the rules should be different? Did you find an exception to the rules?

Yes, I believe the rule should apply inside one room, not across multiple rooms. All Oni based on room effect, and suddenly their rule which ignores rooms. Park take in account only plants in the room, suddenly pip limited to this room take into account plants somewhere else?
Rediculous, unlogical, unpredictable, unexpected.

2 hours ago, Mutineer said:

Yes, I believe the rule should apply inside one room, not across multiple rooms.

Then the meta will change into abusing room layouts to get maximum density. Not a fun style at all.

I'd rather see pip planting be much less restrictive in terms of random planting but much more restrictive for monoculture. A random assortment of plants pose its own set of problems. Also I think decor plants should be far less restricted, or even exempt from planting restrictions. Decor plants don't generate free resources, so let the wild preserve fill up with them.

I don't think there are any ceiling decor plants. It'd be nice to have a few to further decorate the map.

Yes, 1x1 possible in the same way as 3x3.

The tree spacing is 2 spaces, 1 space, 1 space, 2 spaces. This has 5 branches per tree density. I ran out of space on the left so it's 1x1.

After you plant it, you need to prune the trees so the outside trees have branches on the outside like this:

s.thumb.png.df0b8c5a3a10b31d4edde321e84b9ca0.png

The 3s and 7s will sort themselves out, but the 1s and 9s need to be there.

18 hours ago, Mullematsch said:

but waiting on the pips to plant the seeds one by one is kinda annoying.

More pips might help. After digging he is probably tired, let other pips take over.

4 hours ago, chemie said:

Does fertilizer stations/farms still impact wild plants?  If so, seems worth it given dirt if obtainable now.

I didn't test recently, but I believe it still does. In early launch preview it does, and IIRC no mention in patchnotes about changing this.

20 minutes ago, hpongledd said:

i cant find it :s

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/109488-creating-parkpip-farm-shove-vole-vs-aquatuner/?tab=comments#comment-1233702

I made an insulated room with low hydrogen pressure (50-100g per tile) and used an oscillator circuit to switch a bunch of space heaters on and off. Beforehand I laid pipes and electrical wires and dropped 1kg of algae on each spot using storage bins.

Alternatively you can pipe metal refinery coolant through small isolated rooms and use diagonal building.

Alternatively you can build an airlock between two walls and when you deconstruct it it becomes a tile for some reason.

gif.gif.68c6306983729d8baf33374b6e921b93.gif

16 minutes ago, nakomaru said:

Alternatively you can build an airlock between two walls and when you deconstruct it it becomes a tile for some reason.

I believe this is precisely why the metal cannon works, but not sure.  @abud, you should definitely start this new thread, and just link it to @nakomaru's post above, and other appropriate posts/bug reports.  That may be the simplest way (barring using sandbox mode) to get yourself the needed tiles for planting. "Metallic gardens 101". I love it. Haha. :lol: Here's a link to my metal printing press, which shows a post on reddit where they noticed this. 

Archived