[Game Update] - 154

Don't Starve Together Update 1.54 - 7/25/2019 (PlayStation 4)

A ship has dashed upon the shores of the island and our survivors have recovered a new member to add to their team; Warly! Armed with a variety of rare ingredients and fancy cookware, Warly can't wait to spice up the lives of his newfound taste testers... er, friends, with a full-course dinner of brand new meals and invigorating spices.

Here are his details:

- Warly can craft a Chef Pouch, which is a small backpack that also helps to preserve food items a little bit longer.
- Warly can craft a Portable Crock Pot, Portable Grinding Mill, and Portable Seasoning Station, usable only by him.
- The Portable Crock Pot cooks 25% faster and includes new exclusive dishes with unique bonuses and effects.
- The Portable Grinding Mill can be used to craft a variety of seasoning powders.
- The Portable Seasoning Station combines a prepared dish with seasoning powder to add bonus effects to the food.
- Warly has an increased max hunger of 250, but it decreases 20% faster than other characters.
- Warly can only eat prepared dishes from a Crock Pot.
- Warly remembers the dishes he ate for up to two days and will enjoy them less every time they are repeated.
- Added new vegetables, available to all characters: Toma Root, Potato, Asparagus, Pepper, Onion, and Garlic.
- Added several new Crock Pot recipes, available to all characters.
- Increased Insulated Pack size from 6 to 8 slots.
- Added a new custom idle animation for Willow when holding Bernie.
- Added a new custom idle animation for Winona.
- Updated the Wardrobe Popup Screen.

Warly is available for free for all DST players.
The Warly Deluxe Wardrobe is $7.99 and includes Warly's Roseate, Victorian and Trawler skin sets.

warly-oval-preview.png

What's next?

Next on the list of Character Refreshes is somebody we think many of you are going to be excited about. We are having a bunch of fun with this one and we hope you enjoy Woodie when his refresh comes to DST early September. 

NOTE: The update is currently live on PS4 and Steam, but slightly delayed by Microsoft due to an issue on their end that they are working on. It shouldn't take too long to resolve. 

View full update

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

17 minutes ago, Rogueagent01 said:

Has anyone figured out what the surprise is? The one that "especially console users" would like. I haven't logged on yet today so i was just wondering.

That is one of the main reason's I came into the PS4 forums to see.... :?

What about the retrofitting? 
Do we have to start a new world to get the complete update?

• Thanks 1

Has anyone else noticed when growing the toma root, garlic, potato, or onion they do not appear on top of the leaves of the crops?  But when you harvest them, they show up in your inventory.  

Also, has anyone figured out how to use the portable grinding mill?  I am only able to dismantle or inspect it.  I tried to put all the new vegetables in the mill no luck.  There is no option to push the x button; only the circle and triangle buttons appear.

Edited by Rachel949
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rachel949 said:

Has anyone else noticed when growing the toma root, garlic, potato, or onion they do not appear on top of the leaves of the crops?  But when you pick them, they show up in your inventory.  

Also, has anyone figured out how to use the portable grinding mill?  I am only able to dismantle or inspect it.  I try to put all the new vegetables in the mill and there is no option to do so.  There is no option to push the x button; only the circle and triangle buttons.

Hey... yeah for some reason the crops are invisible! I already post a bug report.

About the Grinding Mill, when you stay near it, it will appear on your L2 options. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Rachel949 said:

Has anyone else noticed when growing the toma root, garlic, potato, or onion they do not appear on top of the leaves of the crops?  But when you harvest them, they show up in your inventory.  

Also, has anyone figured out how to use the portable grinding mill?  I am only able to dismantle or inspect it.  I tried to put all the new vegetables in the mill no luck.  There is no option to push the x button; only the circle and triangle buttons appear.

I thought garlic, potato and onion grew in the ground so they were going for that, but it didn’t make sense with carrots. Tomatoes grow on a vine, I was hoping they could be in a bush like berries. 

I’ve missed the L2 option on so many things over the years that it’s my go to thing now. From Maxwell and Wickerbottom to the pet cave and cartographers table. It always gets me. 

21 hours ago, Rogueagent01 said:

Has anyone figured out what the surprise is? The one that "especially console users" would like. I haven't logged on yet today so i was just wondering.

I don’t know why they announced something else while the RoT game update is still being delayed, but I’d sure like to know what it is too. 

13 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

The dedicated servers should be back up this morning.

The invisible veggies will be fixed in the next update, thanks to all who pointed it out.

@CharlesB any news about lunar biomes?

And a big congratulations to you and the whole team for the quick updates for us.

• Like 3

Whats is the reason for not allowing the new characters for offline players in DST (ps4) i was wondering why i cant install  the shipwreck dlc which i bought and i coudnt refund it bec they told me i had installed it somehow.... thanks to for that -.- 

On 7/25/2019 at 2:06 PM, Mindkontrol said:

Is the Lunar Biome already in Ps4 version, if not when is that planned?

Im here literally trying to find out the same thing. I don't think it is unfortunately, I just want to know when it's coming.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PkPatrick said:

Im here literally trying to find out the same thing. I don't think it is unfortunately, I just want to know when it's coming.

It was planned to come out for all of us on the 20th this month. Sadly there is a bug in the beta that can corrupt the save data so it’s not safe to get released. They said they would give us an update soon ,as well as something secret that will make console players happy. Right now we just have to be patient, but it will definitely come to PS4. This is what they said:

In addition I hope to have more info on the upcoming content for Return of Them too. 

I understand that this has left console players out of the loop here a bit but we ran into an issue in testing where we found a pretty bad memory issue related to the new oceans. We were left with a situation where we would either have to release the next update without the new ocean and boats and rearrange the lunar islands or spend a bunch of time getting that fixed up so it was good to ship soon. 

So, when I have more definitive info on the next live update I will let you all know. We also are working on something else... unannounced that I hope to share soon as well that I think you will all enjoy (especially console). 

Once again, sorry for all the timing issues, we're getting it sorted out. Thanks for your patience. 

Sadly thats all the information we have right now.

Edited by NoscopeFelix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2