Oxygen Not Included Launching July 30th!

I´m alone thinking this is not a really good decision?

At the current state, the game is not release material in my eyes. Dont get me wrong, i love this game, but there are too much things still to fix, and i dont even talk about bugs.

When ONI is considered released, the players who refrain from buying yet, expect a final game. 

I would have loved to see another few weeks in development prior to release.

But, thats not my decision. I hope they wont regret it.

On 7/23/2019 at 8:16 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

After July 30, we will continue with bug fixes and balance changes;

First, congrats on the release :) Second ... i really really hope it's just a typo but i don't see "Performance improvements" in there. Because the game can be played with bugs as well as unbalanced things. However the game can't be played with 10fps (cycle 2000+) ;)

On 23.07.2019 at 9:38 PM, Giltirn said:

Great job guys!

- Why do you write "great job", if you have not seen the final result man)?

- Okey, I will also write a little "great job"

Well I have a bad feeling about this. Dear devs after lunch upgrade can I use such funny building patterns as

- gas accumulating room.

- regolith destroyer.

- Recuperation heat disposer.

Spoiler

29xueUz29xueUzl.jpg

6X4j4Kyl.jpg

5HcAjnol.jpg

KhJT0ZNl.jpg

- Is that all considered as "BUGS" for developers isn't it?

And there will be plenty misunderstandings between game versions with different balance & unclear wrong(that is not working) information in Steam guides & Youtube. As for me if this happen that will disrespect peoples time for making funny guides & Youtube content about ONI) I will just finish my colony(QolMK3) & never play this game. I do not like to sit 10 hours again in sandbox & learn again how to play.

Please do not panic, It's just my opinion thats usually comes true=)

34 minutes ago, Ashpoker said:

and you HAVE TO bring attention to this.... just why? if it's still in the game after all this time, just keep it quiet and hope it stays.

1. Developers know about their "project" much more than we are) They for sure know about such features, and we must not be quiet when 9-year child cries on oficial forum that these are bugs)).

2. So the second thing how do Devs consider this mechanics as "Bugs" or as "game features/mechanics"?

As parallel example: Famous Counter-Strike 1.6! game engine has a known bug, that is used for Bunny-Hop and Long jumps yes? Valve know about that bug, same as they know about thousands of HNS and KZ-jump servers, made by community. Devs could remove that bug with 1 update & what they will loose thousands HNS-players in a day... Going back to ONI. Same situation. and the key is: remove such spects or add/make them more interesting(as it was with Steam turbine rebalance)...

Now after Final release update I hope we will see the  how do ONI developers see their project) As prof: here is a big RU community(1 funny, "crazy" streamer and thousand of people in the evening) where we use interesting mechanics to build colony and learn to play ONI)

1. Regolith door crusher - completely fine and clever design. One more improvement tho. make one line of vertically stacked doors to "sweep" everything to the side after it is crushed. Maybe with a nice long shaft down to your base with a puddle of supercoolant. Dupes don't even have to go up there to collect the iron+regolith and it will be even with nice temperature.

2. Gas compressor using doors - completely legit mechanic. I see no problem. The second option to vent it in a small room with vent+water... that might feel like a cheat but i think it's fine because it's a general mechanic that 1 tile=1 material.

3. Dumping heat to steam and steam turbine ? How can anyone complain about this ? I believe this is working as intended too. 

:)

On 7/24/2019 at 4:28 PM, SharraShimada said:

I´m alone thinking this is not a really good decision?

I'm wondering about a few unfixed issues, but from what I can tell, the decision has been made and it has been announced. It would take some quite convincing arguments to make them postpone again and I don't have any such arguments. The only thing I can think of now, which would require postponing the release again would be some severe game breaking bug, but I'm not aware of anything Klei isn't aware of. The people at Klei aren't children. They know the state of the game as well as we do, perhaps even better than we do. They released games before. I assume they know what they are doing.

Personally I would likely have wanted to fix a few bugs before announcing, but now that it has been announced, I would likely stick to the announcement. The only big issue right now is the apparent ability to create really high gas pressure and blocking the cold steam vent. That needs to be fixed or in worst case reverted. If the pipe sensors broke (one person mentioned that, I still haven't tested it), then that needs to be fixed too.

Can anybody else claim any "can't release" kind of bugs?

Also no game is ever released bug free. It's near impossible to fix all bugs in any kind of code of a significant size. Ok NASA might make mostly bugfree software, but they work on a budget, which is totally unrealistic for us normal people. This means release isn't about when all bugs have been fixed, but rather when no horrible bugs remain.

2 hours ago, helight59 said:

game have 10 fps on midgame.. release? realy?

They have to adjust the system requirements on release. The dual core currently listed, was fine at the beginning of the development, but not anymore. Sure thats a real downside for early buyers, but thats how early access works. As the game evolves, the requirements to the hardware may rise.

1 hour ago, SharraShimada said:

The dual core currently listed, was fine at the beginning of the development, but not anymore. Sure thats a real downside for early buyers, but thats how early access works.

Factorio dropped 32 bit support. Whoever bought it for 32 bit hardware can still download the newest 32 bit version. It's just not being updated. It made a bunch of people upset when it happened, but it turned out that most of the upset people used the 64 bit version and were unaffected. Also the decision to drop 32 bit support was due to a bunch of unfixable crashes. The game just needs more than 4 GB of memory and there is nothing anybody can do about that.

When something is being developed, system requirements might change.

7 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

They have to adjust the system requirements on release. The dual core currently listed, was fine at the beginning of the development, but not anymore. Sure thats a real downside for early buyers, but thats how early access works. As the game evolves, the requirements to the hardware may rise.

what are you talking about? I have 4 full cores. People here said that on i9 ~ 20fps

On 25/07/2019 at 9:44 PM, SharraShimada said:

sweepers still stop working

Yeah this bug makes me sooo made... and even a lot more when the sweeper is into a completely closed setup and when it has to act at a precise time... that breaks everything :( 

How many times did we see "resolved bug where sweepers stop working" into patch notes ? More than once for sure. But we're still dragging this bug with us. :-/

5 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

Mostly with previews months or even years ago. You cant rely on that. They made huge improvements in the past few months.

No, this is new reviews. You buy a computer for 1400 bucks and you have 10 fps in the game. Why not transfer part of the calculations from the processor, I do not understand. In Assasins, creed Odysey has a MUCH more calculations.

Archived