Idea for Webbers

I don't know if this has been thought of before, but and friend and I got to discussing something.

Much like the fan mod that adjusts Abigail's ghost to mimic what Wendy is wearing, it would be cool if Webber's spiders had the same.

I was suggesting that the themed spiders would come from any nest that Webber places, but he was suggesting it might be simpler for tamed spiders to get the skins, which would make spider wars easier.

Might be incredibly taxing either way, but I spent a few hours mocking up what themed spiders might be like. Not the best work, but it still oughta get the point across.

bat2.png

fiend2.png

goh2.png

magma2.png

punk2.png

rose2.png

sail2.png

shad2.png

snow2.png

surv2.png

6 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

It could be useful to see which ones are loyal to you and which aren't. They could poof the skin during loyalty time then poof back to normal once it's over.

Yeah, that's what my friend was thinking; would be easier to tell apart for turf wars, or whatever. I wonder, though, how easy coding-wise it would be for the spiders from Webber-planted nests to have the skins.

14 minutes ago, _Skorpeon said:

Yeah, that's what my friend was thinking would be easier. I wonder, though, how easy it would be for the spiders from Webber-planted nests to have the skins.

Would that mean the webber skin would have its special egg?

Just now, minespatch said:

Would that mean the webber skin would have its special egg?

i didn't really think or mock anything up outside of the spiders themselves. But reading through FluffledBeeQueen's post for Fashion Forward I'm thinking it would be cool to have skinned eggs.

I really want a staff that lets the wielder change the skin of whatever's targeted. Would solve the issue of stuff like this where the item that you want to skin is often already built.

(I mean that it would solve some of the previous usage problems with skins for stuff like spider eggs,ie part of the reason stated in the past for us not having stuff like this.)

2 hours ago, maradyne said:

I really want a staff that lets the wielder change the skin of whatever's targeted. Would solve the issue of stuff like this where the item that you want to skin is often already built.

Or even a combo option to change it (like CTRL+ALT+SHFT+RClick for example) manually.

15 hours ago, AN-0923 said:

This could apply to pigs/bunnymen as well?

Since Pigs and Bunnymen are hostile towards Webber, probably not.

Besides, they can already wear hats when allied with the other survivors.

1 minute ago, DarithD said:

Instead of walking, the spider could fly and hover above ground, flapping their wings. Just a thought.

[Obligatory "Then it would be hard to tell the difference between Character 1 and Character 2" complaint.]

But yeah, that would work too.

Archived