Jump to content

Missing Gold for Oxylite Refinery on Arboria Asteroid!


Recommended Posts

Another issue with this map...

How to start a rocket with no possibility to make Oxylite, because you have no gold on the map? Don't say, use liquid oxygen, because you need the datadiscs from the first planets to research it. Till then, you need oxylite for now. The recipe of this building should be changed. We need the possibility to use different metals to produce oxylite. Grumpy purr for all :D

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you serious? I am not joking! How many cycles I should wait to produce the needed amount for one flight? And think about: I must do it several times to get enough data-banks to research the liquid oxygen and petroleum tank/engine. Sorry, that isn't a possibility for me. I am not patiently enough to waste time only to wait for enough oxylite.

So, no, not acceptable! A grumpy rejection. :D

PS: I have no Pufts on the map! purrrr.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, for first planets you can fly using steam egine, just build 3 rockets with 5 sc modules and you have 50 datadiscs from rocket per flight even after reasearch all point of planet so its possible to open all research without petro engine. (if it not changet now). 

I start using petro engines with oxilyte only for first few cargo rockets for first portions of space material and swop to LO ASAP

For Dense Pufft oxilyte farming - i ranch them on early stage before my first flyghts and when you have 2 ranch with 10 Dense Pufts (+ 2 Prince for breed correction) - oxilyte is not a problem - they produce it for free and faster then refinery. if you have not puft on map - you can print them for start breeding, not fast but its work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We should always have two possibilities to make a product. That's my point of view. :)

Ranching is something I don't like. How many dupes you have? The problem with these things is that all of this need dupe interaction. The more you have, the more of the day the dupes doing ranching and not building. I don't count the pacu!

I have 19 Dupes so far. And to build huge areas, it needs a huge amount of cycles to do it. Normally you can automatize almost the most things in the game, but grooming the critters can't be automatized with the most critters in the game. If you have 10 Dense Pufts, they cost a huge amount of time to groom them. If you not grooming them, the output isn't great.  That is just for the the dense pufts. What is with all of the other critters? The same you need for bleach stones. Another 10 of them? The problem is, that at some point all of your dupes don't make anything else than grooming, pooping, cooking and eating.  And that's it.

Another thing is a performance decision. The more critters on the map, the lower the fps in the game. So, ranching is for that reason nothing for me.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The new biomes seem more reliant on ranching than the original asteroid. With that said, there's no excuse for gold and tungsten being missing from some maps. It essentially locks out important content without 100s of cycles of un-productive tedium.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, DustFireSky said:

We should always have two possibilities to make a product. That's my point of view. :)

But we do have 2 possibilities. You have just decided to use neither of them.

If you choose to play on a map with no gold, you have to ranch. If you choose not to ranch, you have to play on a map with gold. 

This being said, you do have a third option. Skip oxylite and stay with steam rockets until you can use liquid oxygen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually, in one of my older (pre-launch-update) live  playthroughs,  I completely used  Dense pufts to produce oxylites. 

I had a Puft farm setup that separates Dense Pufts from Prince Puffts and Pufflets.   I massed produced dense pufts.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually, you're forced to go for dense pufts if you don't have gold. You cannot make enough trips to new planets without it, in order to get enough data disks for researching all the way up to liquid fuel tanks so you can switch over to LOX.

You also need a good amount if you wish to make super coolant. Maybe a possibility would be to switch the obsidian on the 'metallic asteroid' which is always at 20km, to gold. That way we can at least get some gold from space.
On that note, increasing the number of planets we can visit in general wouldn't be a bad idea, as several new ones have been added ( including one that gives tungsten/wolframite ), and the chances of not getting anything useful up there is pretty high now.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I personally really like having to ranch critter x for stuff. In past updates, I did basically no ranching since you would get enough lime of fossil plus wild critters. Anything forcing you to at least do a bit ranching is fine with me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, beowulf2010 said:

If you choose to play on a map with no gold, you have to ranch. If you choose not to ranch, you have to play on a map with gold.

I should know before i start a new map, if gold is present? I don't knew it! The description of each asteroid is not very well in my opinion. They don't tell you such things! And, I thought that they had added the option to use other metals, if a special metal is missing by a machine.

I use the fourth option. I cheat it into the game. I have no motivation to do stuff like you said. It will take some 100 cycles to do it (build it or to get enough resources through the critters). That seems the way to go. :D

My patience is limited.

We will see what the people say, who will bought the game at the release.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, DustFireSky said:

I should know before i start a new map, if gold is present? I don't knew it! The description of each asteroid is not very well in my opinion. They don't tell you such things! And, I thought that they had added the option to use other metals, if a special metal is missing by a machine.

That's a good point. If you haven't taken the time to read one of the threads telling us that gold is missing in Arboria and the Badlands or that wolframite is missing from Verdante, Aridio or Oasisse, you wouldn't know. 

As for adding other materials, at this time, all they added was iron and aluminum to possible exosuit materials. 

It wouldn't surprise me if they added another oxylite recipe but at this time Arboria and the Badlands don't get to use oxylite as an oxidizer without either ranching or getting lucky with multiple gold geodes. 

Would this be a bad time to ask again for a way to unrefine metals? :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tbh I just realised that if a map doesn't have Gold, it doesn't have Pufts either (they are in the same biome). Meaning you would be limited to relying on the pod to print you a puft or puft eggs to ranch Dense Pufts. So honestly they really need to change the input for the refinery, as ATM if you disabled 'care packages' from the pod you would just be out of luck, or forced to do about 16 extra runs with the steam rocket to research LOX (which would be beyond tedious for something this silly).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Troxism said:

Tbh I just realised that if a map doesn't have Gold, it doesn't have Pufts either (they are in the same biome). Meaning you would be limited to relying on the pod to print you a puft or puft eggs to ranch Dense Pufts. So honestly they really need to change the input for the refinery, as ATM if you disabled 'care packages' from the pod you would just be out of luck, or forced to do about 16 extra runs with the steam rocket to research LOX (which would be beyond tedious for something this silly).

U used the right words for this situation: beyond tedious. Thanks buddy. My words in thought.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DustFireSky said:

We should always have two possibilities to make a product. That's my point of view. :)

Ranching is something I don't like.

I agree on this. And I do not like ranching either. Did sustain a whole colony on fried eggs way back, but now I have seen this and just doing it again is boring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I too enjoy the fun of ranching, but to a point. To have to rely on it too much, for me is cumbersome. Just how I feel. It's not something I embrace with ONI.

With that being said, being in the same situation as the OP, I did finally find, in the bottom right hand corner of the map, right above the magma a gold volcano. It may take awhile for it to erupt. I haven't yet analyzed it. But I will have gold at some point.

To the OP, I would recommend exploring the entire map, to uncover all vents/volcanos. For me, it was the next to the last one I found.

Regardless, good luck. Happy ONIing.

Hmmm.... refined Gold.... Thus the unrefine metals request....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We noticed this when we were discussing the difficulty estimations as well.  It pretty much solidifies Arboria as the hardest asteroid to play the late game in by a significant margin.  In terms of overall difficulty it's probably the third hardest one, behind Oasissa and Aridio.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/07/2019 at 4:02 PM, beowulf2010 said:

That's a good point. If you haven't taken the time to read one of the threads telling us that gold is missing in Arboria and the Badlands or that wolframite is missing from Verdante, Aridio or Oasisse, you wouldn't know. 

As for adding other materials, at this time, all they added was iron and aluminum to possible exosuit materials. 

It wouldn't surprise me if they added another oxylite recipe but at this time Arboria and the Badlands don't get to use oxylite as an oxidizer without either ranching or getting lucky with multiple gold geodes. 

Would this be a bad time to ask again for a way to unrefine metals? :D

Theres a mod for that but i also wanted the rock geanulator to smash refined metals for me to use volcanos to feed one of my favorite critters! Smooth hatches *-* for pure prettyness sake " player decor value +120".

On 04/07/2019 at 10:37 AM, DustFireSky said:

Another issue with this map...

How to start a rocket with no possibility to make Oxylite, because you have no gold on the map? Don't say, use liquid oxygen, because you need the datadiscs from the first planets to research it. Till then, you need oxylite for now. The recipe of this building should be changed. We need the possibility to use different metals to produce oxylite. Grumpy purr for all :D

 

Totally agree with you this or pufts in general get a major buff they just dont produce enough of anything you need " someone told me that the squeaky one is actually good but i dont saw the number but i will trust him to be true in his words :).

Also as ppl sugested above you can just keep sending your steam rockets to the first 2 locations they will keep producing data banks for ya.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/4/2019 at 9:52 AM, DustFireSky said:

We should always have two possibilities to make a product. That's my point of view.

You do have two possibilities.  One is just removed on one specific asteroid type.  There is nothing at all wrong with that.  That is the entire point of having different asteroid types, it makes you look at things from a different angle than you are used to.

I think the more important thing to look at is improving puft farming so it isn't so annoying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...