Mob and Turf Skins

I dont know about you guys, but I really do not like the default carpet skin, the purple color reminds me of swamp. It would be nice if we could have turf skins just like item skins. Also, it would be cool if we can have spider, pig, or bunnieman skin, once you befriend them, they change their look to the skinned one.

Making Turf skins sounds pretty hard to do for DST but I believe it'll be possible if they realy desire to make somes.

And I've never heard of the idea of making skins for mob (unless house mobs like pigs as I've already suggested lately), it could be do by using Wardrobe and selecting a follower, or maybe the Critter Den ?

1 hour ago, ADM said:

Making Turf skins sounds pretty hard to do for DST but I believe it'll be possible if they realy desire to make somes.

And I've never heard of the idea of making skins for mob (unless house mobs like pigs as I've already suggested lately), it could be do by using Wardrobe and selecting a follower, or maybe the Critter Den ?

If you saw the boss skins for different event and pig belt during pig year event you would know it is possible, of course it takes effort. What I am thinking is basically it allows pigs (and/or their houses) befriended/built by a certain player to have some decoration or complete change when they are befriended or go into their house/den and come out?

If I am playing webber, I would surely want to be able to build my own spider-den that is different from wild ones so it is both recognizable and cool(show off)

1 hour ago, Sunset Skye said:

I'd rather we get actual new turf, as that would be more likely to come along with new content. I'd much prefer, for example, a new carpet crafted from the fur of a new mob, over a reskin of the already-existing carpet.

That would be a good idea too. But what if I just want the same functionality but better look? It is the same as saying instead of ham-bat skin make a new weapon.

20 minutes ago, Z0366 said:

If you saw the boss skins for different event and pig belt during pig year event you would know it is possible

It’s called Builds, even spider Warriors or any others i a build of other spiders using same animations :) Skins are a little differents for selection but use the same build select process 

3 hours ago, ADM said:

It’s called Builds, even spider Warriors or any others i a build of other spiders using same animations :) Skins are a little differents for selection but use the same build select process 

Thank you for your explanation, even as a non-coder I can more or less understand. I just want this feature and I think there are more players like me. I am sure Klei can make it happen, it's a matter of whether they think it's worth it

I just want a red carpet skin idc if it's a carpet or cobblestones skin I just want to make my grand entrance to base.

Would be nice with other turf skins aswell. Like a birchtree wooden flooring skin, a street skin for cobblestones or a black and white checkered flooring skin. Anything to add more color to bases.

There are no stackable items that have skins ingame. If there were, the skinned versions would either need to not be stackable with the normal versions, or one type would need to override the other when stacks are combined. 

Both of these solutions seem quite messy in comparison to just adding new turf imo.

24 minutes ago, Kleinem said:

There are no stackable items that have skins ingame. If there were, the skinned versions would either need to not be stackable with the normal versions, or one type would need to override the other when stacks are combined. 

Both of these solutions seem quite messy in comparison to just adding new turf imo.

they did with fences

I wonder if there could be an option to give a makeover to follower mobs and reskin them that way? Like right-click and your char will do the portal-upgrade animation on the followers, then select skins.

I'm okay with skins for characters and crafting recipes, skins for turfs I don't really like the idea but I don't care much about it.. Though I would prefer mobs don't get skins, it would be better to get actual new mobs variants instead.. Imagine if you had to pay or be extremely lucky to get a skin in hamlet then all the pig citizens don't look the same :(..

I don't want Don't Starve Together to become one big skin :wilson_cry:..

Archived