[Poll] on in game events

[Poll] on in game events  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like more in game events like Winters feast, Hallowed nights, etc. ?

• Yes, more in game events trough out the year would be interesting
    • No, just no
  2. 2. What is your favorite in game event ?

• Hallowed nights
    • Winter feasts
    • Year of the gobbler
    • Year of the varg
    • Year of the pig
  3. 3. Do you think the "Year of ..." should be one event with all the previous "year of ..." in it ?

• Yes, it wouldn't make us wait 10 years or more to replay one of those events.
    • No, i like them separated and they should stay that way.

Now i know the main focus of the dev team is to do more content like mention in the roadmap. But i feel it is a bit sad that the only time of the year we have events in our worlds is at end of october (hallowed nights), in december (winter feast) and in february (year of something). I would like to know what you guys think. Would you guys like to have an event in game during summer too ? Like a beach party related event ? A gardening event-ish during a month in spring? Do you guys have other ideas ? Leave your comments down below and idea too !

Though plz put spoilers if you have really big chunk of text for your idea :)

Have a good day !

Such mini events only make me sad with their lack of thought. During the winter event, the whole earth groans strewn with Christmas-tree toys, like garbage. Year of the gobbler - give the turkey a berry so that it gives you a gold bar ... so what? This is the whole event. Year of the varg - ok, a couple of times I hunted for clay varg, got more ingots. Year of the pig - an apotheosis of hindsight: 1) in my world there is a nest of a Goose-Goose next to the king, because of which it was not always possible to start the wrestling in the spring. 2) I play one, and the event clearly counted on a larger number of players. To have chances against ninja pigs, should I spend Lazy Forager and Lazy Explorer? For a few more bars? 3) I had a couple of buildings near the King of Pigs before this event - they had to be destroyed. Mess. But some players build entire palaces around the king. What did they have to do? 4) The possibility of dishonest victory, using the wall.

Solution.
Participation in the event should not distract from survival. All events should take place on separate servers (like Forge and Gorge). For participation in the events, you can give out souvenirs (for example, Christmas tree decorations) that can be produced on your worlds in the required amount. Events should be interesting.

I made a suggestion that got no attention that these events after the first year(or two) of survival should have a random chance of spawning with the respective seasons. So for instance after your first year or 2 you could have a chance of having the Year of the (insert event) spawn during Spring, same goes for Hallowed Nights and Winters Feast. This would give players a chance to build shrines and collect paraphernalia from each of the respective events. 

And to be clear i'm not saying skins should be available or loyalty skins should be awarded, just that the ingame events should be playable more then once in a physical year.

Edit: Or just make the events selection toggleable from the World Gen screen. It sucks that their in the game but if you choose them you are severely punished by being locked out of future events.

9 minutes ago, Terra_Zina said:

What's the point of events if the events are gonna be on all the time? Then that's no longer an event. It's an ingame feature.

And this is coming from someone who loves Winters Feast and misses it yearly.

Who said there gonna be on all the time? Even though you do realize if you generate a world with an event chosen it is literally on all the time.

2 hours ago, Rogueagent01 said:

Who said there gonna be on all the time? Even though you do realize if you generate a world with an event chosen it is literally on all the time.

On all the time as in real life time, not in game time.

It wouldn't be a seasonal event if you could play it at any season, it would just be a feature like they said.

Archived