Wes rework ideas

they are universally hated and banned without anything to bring to the team you know Wes

Wes's role is to be a challenge character but he is surprisingly boring essentially just Wilson with worse stats and clears your icebox and even Wormwood does his role better than him at least wormwood won't get insta banned form a server

mostly just get banned is all they do for they have no benefit to the team so lets give him some benefits while keeping his role

1 reduce or remove the hunger drain it s the main reason for him getting banned

2 added agro to make up for the lack of hunger drain and balloons having a massive agro from such as  a group of spiders chasing a Wilson so one balloon is blown then they immediately attack the balloon

3 added damage vulnerability to make him a kiter who values good plays and skill

4 passive sanity aura is good for noobs and nerfs Wes for the lunar island

this would give him a team support role while making people want him alive making a experienced Wes pretty good for a noob team any other ideas?

Give Wes the ability to buff others at his own expense.

I remember during a stream they were considering having Winona fulfill this role by giving her the ability to upgrade everyone else’s abilities but scrapped it for whatever reason. This would be perfect for Wes.

17 minutes ago, Troppok said:

Keep all his flaws, make balloons a little better.

Yea, the first thing that comes to my mind about making Wes more interesting is expanding on the Balloons mechanic. He's supposed to be an expert at Balloonomancy but all he can do with them are weak random shapes. I think the Pile of Balloons should work like Codex Umbra, opening a balloon tab when you get near it. He can make useful but very fragile objects from balloons in addition to his random party balloons such as a Balloon armchair with 1-3 uses, working as a lighter version of the tent, restoring stats slowly when sitting on. Similarly, Wes immediately brings Beefalo taming to my mind as I take him as the expert of that, remedying his damage penalty. He can, therefore, make a Balloon saddle that explodes the instance Beefalo shakes it off but allowing him very early access to beefalo domestication. Other objects may include a balloon pillow with one use that functions similarly to fur roll, balloon hat for sanity/single damage block, balloon sword for early fights, balloon cake as tribute/friendship and a balloon decoy animal that acts like Bernie to hostile mobs.

I have never been banned for playing Wes. Is this a thing?

Also, what he really needs is more balloon designs. 

Making mobs agro his balloons is an interesting idea. I'm all for him getting cool abilities as long as he remains a challenging character.

1 hour ago, X-lem said:

I have never been banned for playing Wes. Is this a thing?

Same, I only saw that stigma in the videos of James Bucket. I think mocking Wes is kind of a meme. 

In the public seevers I'm usually very revered as Wes, bring called a prophet for bringing people thermal stones and guiding people to the main base riding on my trusty Beefalo.

[Reposted from another thread]
Giving Wes mime powers to do things like mine, shovel, and fish without the tools at penalty of sanity (and hunger?) would be a great way to give him extreme use to the team while maintaining a certain difficulty in managing him properly. 
He could also have expanded balloonomancy, where he sacrifices health and sanity to craft different defensive and offensive balloons - such as one that pops and explodes in ice, ones that attract mobs, maybe one filled with stingers that AOE strikes like the bramble trap.
Decorative thematic balloon structures like a bouncy balloon tent, balloon umbrella, more mob-shaped balloons, and balloon walls would be great for fun aesthetic. 

i think his power could be literary miming so his friend could gain sanity from watching the performance and he doesn't gain anything and it could be limited so he can only perform good if all his state were above 80+

or just make him unplayable unless the server was full of wes so they can die with brotherhood 

6 minutes ago, USER200 said:

i think his power could be literary miming so his friend could gain sanity from watching the performance and he doesn't gain anything and it could be limited so he can only perform good if all his state were above 80+

or just make him unplayable unless the server was full of wes so they can die with brotherhood 

Sanity isn't a problem. It's more how he consumes more food needlessly. Perhaps he could stop others from going hungry? Idk if he performs, crafts it, or a natural aoe, but if he could stop others from losing hunger while remaining the food dumpster I'm sure others wouldn't mind so much.

On 14.06.2019 at 11:28 PM, 4 Da LOLs said:

they are universally hated and banned without anything to bring to the team you know Wes

Wes's role is to be a challenge character but he is surprisingly boring essentially just Wilson with worse stats and clears your icebox and even Wormwood does his role better than him at least wormwood won't get insta banned form a server

mostly just get banned is all they do for they have no benefit to the team so lets give him some benefits while keeping his role

1 reduce or remove the hunger drain it s the main reason for him getting banned

2 added agro to make up for the lack of hunger drain and balloons having a massive agro from such as  a group of spiders chasing a Wilson so one balloon is blown then they immediately attack the balloon

3 added damage vulnerability to make him a kiter who values good plays and skill

4 passive sanity aura is good for noobs and nerfs Wes for the lunar island

this would give him a team support role while making people want him alive making a experienced Wes pretty good for a noob team any other ideas?

I think Wes should be taken the ability to train animals, he can't speak, but he can get along with the animals well. Has little damage but has army of animals. This can be a lot of fun.

:wilson_vforvictory:

I would like: 

• Should bring benefits ONLY to the team
  • Useless items for base decoration
  • More Balloon designs
  • More mime animations

I would not like:

• Make him harder to play

Cuz he's a very "well-balanced character", with his current downsides and satisfies his purpose in the game. Make it more challenging.

My ideas for Wes's rework:

•  When healing teammates is 2x more efficient
  •  Balloons can generate sanity aura for teammates and give +6.75/min

Archived