The Gorge skins are purchasable & weavable again

According to the DST-Shop and my Curio Cabinet, The Gorge skins can be bought & woven again since the last update:

image.thumb.png.339d7febada3d587cffb79408033ac59.png

It appears that 100% of weaveable skins can be woven since the last update. Is that any hint for a return of The Gorge or did Klei just release them again to make them available to everyone?

I'm not sure what to feel about this. People who didn't even participate in the event can now get the skins. Perhaps it's petty, but it felt pretty good to run around with a victorian skin and this really cool ice box that alot of people don't have.

On second thought, I'm glad people are able to get these skins. Because the Victorian collection are some really good skins. Seriously, not a single one of these skins are bad (except the crockpot, but that's opinionated)

It should be possible to make it so that you have a Gorge like area on the map, mod or "DLC" like Turn of Tides that is activated by perhaps using an item.

The area might be outside the main area OR you might need to craft certain structures before event is activated and that you would be able to place these structures anywhere you want.

The only problem really I think are the characters, Mommy, Billy etc and the Gnaw. Perhaps they can follow you to different locations or they are replaced with something else. And the Gnaw only turns people nearby the structures into Merms.

People wouldn't need to switch worlds in order to use this. Just make a normal world, play normally and then start the event when they feel like it.

I would probably make a mod like this if I could. Too bad my modding skills are non existent.

23 minutes ago, MrKoopa said:

It should be possible to make it so that you have a Gorge like area on the map, mod or "DLC" like Turn of Tides that is activated by perhaps using an item.

The area might be outside the main area OR you might need to craft certain structures before event is activated and that you would be able to place these structures anywhere you want.

The only problem really I think are the characters, Mommy, Billy etc and the Gnaw. Perhaps they can follow you to different locations or they are replaced with something else. And the Gnaw only turns people nearby the structures into Merms.

People wouldn't need to switch worlds in order to use this. Just make a normal world, play normally and then start the event when they feel like it.

I would probably make a mod like this if I could. Too bad my modding skills are non existent.

all the extra DLCs that split the player base are IMO all bad... I think the devs don't want that moving forward

if it's more like quest kind of thing that unlocks an area of the map .... no DLC or anything like that THEN I would like that

the problem is if people want this to work as normal Gorge cuz that's not possible... that would mean a 3rd server running and I don't think most computers can take it

12 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

all the extra DLCs that split the player base are IMO all bad... I think the devs don't want that moving forward

if it's more like quest kind of thing that unlocks an area of the map .... no DLC or anything like that THEN I would like that

the problem is if people want this to work as normal Gorge cuz that's not possible... that would mean a 3rd server running and I don't think most computers can take it

Which is why I said "DLC" and not DLC and took Turn of Tides as an example. It is a DLC(Downloadable Content) but it is not like Hamlet, SW and RoG.

No split in the player base :)

This mod idea would work like Gorge but perhaps not 100% the same. It would not need a third server(2nd if no cave).

Glad to see that the Victorian skins are weavable again! With that now all of them are accessible, right?

On the note of the Gorge, another reason why (I think) it won't return, at least not as an official event, is that during these events one could earn practically unlimited spools. Now with payable characters I don't think Klei wanted to let players idle for free spools.

8 minutes ago, MrKoopa said:

Which is why I said "DLC" and not DLC and took Turn of Tides as an example. It is a DLC(Downloadable Content) but it is not like Hamlet, SW and RoG.

No split in the player base :)

This mod idea would work like Gorge but perhaps not 100% the same. It would not need a third server(2nd if no cave).

as far as I know the creator of Island Adventure said they wanted to work on that after they were done with SW together, they would look into other stuff like Gorge or Hamlet.....

and yeap... as I said having 3 servers running is not a good idea..

I would prefer a mod that only plays on Gorge content... you know to have fun with that for a while... but not really as part of the world IF it's a third server.... if it works somehow as part of the world as kind of a quest to unlock a part of the map that it's somehow blocked then ofc... but I don't think that's likely to happen

Archived