How have you guys been enjoying/utilizing Awakening?

I haven't played the beta but I was thinking of some of the uses and implications, these are ofc obvious but I was wondering if people have used these yet and if they found them effective 

Maxwell will be very good at farming Brightmare drops.

Wickerbottom, Wormwood and Wortox will be really good because of books for Wicker and chopping trees and eating Monster Meat for Wormwood(souls for Wortox) for an actual net benefit.

There are of course better late game options, but it'd be interesting bringing Spider eggs along or using On Tentacles for the positive benefits of their insanity auras.

Any thoughts on this and other ideas?

Just now, minespatch said:

I thought they were called Gestalts?:wilson_shocked:

Haha my bad, I had the misapprehension Gestalts were a type of Brightmare for some reason

2 minutes ago, -Variant said:

They're called Gestalts, and they don't drop anything.

Everything else applies, however.

Not yet they don't! I'm assuming they will, that's why I put future tense. I prbly did that with the other points too tho lol.

1 minute ago, Fozzlebub said:

Gestalts were a type of Brightmare for some reason

Now your typo in your first post might be a excellent drop though! Brightmare drops would be excellent loot for characters like Wickerbottom, Wortox, and Wormwood.:wilson_smile:

9 minutes ago, -Variant said:

They're called Gestalts, and they don't drop anything.

7 minutes ago, Fozzlebub said:

Haha my bad, I had the misapprehension Gestalts were a type of Brightmare for some reason

You're not mistaken. Their animations are referred to as brightmare_gestalt. 

So presumably if more of these Enlightenment-induced creatures are added, they will all fall under the category of "Brightmare". 

12 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

You're not mistaken. Their animations are referred to as brightmare_gestalt. 

So presumably if more of these Enlightenment-induced creatures are added, they will all fall under the category of "Brightmare". 

Ahhhh okay, I wondered how I had that confabulation thanks! I just hope the drop is related to the moon and not Brightmare fuel haha.

1 hour ago, Fozzlebub said:

Any thoughts on this and other ideas?

Lazy deserter is a very simple way to lower awakening, along with bone helmet (and kinda nightmare amulet) helping manage it without no constant source of insanity

I'm really confused why you'd take the time to speculate blindly instead of actually playing the beta.

You've framed your first post like you've been brainstorming strategies, but without having played there's no reason to have any confidence they work.

Not trying to be mean, but this seems like a "cart before the horse" situation.

13 hours ago, The 2C3D said:

It’s my fault. I was documenting things before an official name was known and I just made one up.

It cool dude. I like calling it Awakening, since it makes reference to Ergo Proxy and his pulse of awakening.

On 6/3/2019 at 8:56 AM, Toros said:

I'm really confused why you'd take the time to speculate blindly instead of actually playing the beta.

You've framed your first post like you've been brainstorming strategies, but without having played there's no reason to have any confidence they work.

Not trying to be mean, but this seems like a "cart before the horse" situation.

I didn't mean to sound like they worked, the fact I haven't played is why I posted them here to receive everyone's input! It's just idle speculation.

I would play and see how they worked, but I broke the brackets on my CPU's heatsink when I was seeing if replacing thermal paste would fix the overheating issue that spontaneously manifested. 

On 6/3/2019 at 9:15 AM, The 2C3D said:

It’s my fault. I was documenting things before an official name was known and I just made one up.

Now everyone thinks I'm a fool :/ (just kidding)

Archived