Willow Refresh Info and Roadmap Schedule Update

8 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I think peeps here don't realize how much overworking and deadlines can destroy the devs. These are people. 

I think Klei already gave a reason for the delay and before continuing this endless circle of crying... Think about this first 

"The scheduling we initially set for ourselves was too aggressive and we’ll be pulling back a bit so that the dev cycle for new content isn’t as hard on our team." 

I think we’re done “crying” about missing the deadlines. I understand that it can be hard on developers. Maybe the team shouldn’t announce any dates at all then until the project is further along. 

The new issue is a beta. They dropped this on us after two delays while us console players have no idea when or if we are going to see any new content at all. Do you think console gets a release of the new content at the same time as PC? I’ve been asking in the forums without any response. Kind of like the Forge. How was that by the way? We’re still waiting. 

Alienating your fan base isn’t a good idea. 

1 minute ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

I think we’re done “crying” about missing the deadlines. I understand that it can be hard on developers. Maybe the team shouldn’t announce any dates at all then until the project is further along. 

The new issue is a beta. They dropped this on us after two delays while us console players have no idea when or if we are going to see any new content at all. Do you think console gets a release of the new content at the same time as PC? I’ve been asking in the forums without any response. Kind of like the Forge. How was that by the way? We’re still waiting. 

Alienating your fan base isn’t a good idea. 

I'm waiting together with you.. I really understand.. I think you are in your right to express your disconcerting as console players..

your point is valid... I was referring specifically to people on pc

@JoeW could you pls explain to the console players how the dates look for them?

5 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I'm waiting together with you.. I really understand.. I think you are in your right to express your disconcerting as console players..

your point is valid... I was referring specifically to people on pc

@JoeW could you pls explain to the console players how the dates look for them?

If you get a reply you’re amazing. It’s not a date I’m looking for though. They don’t have them set yet. I want to know if we’re going to be getting the content AT ALL. I waited for the Forge... I’m still waiting for the Forge.

The game is currently available on all 3 consoles, PC, Mac and mobile. I’m not sure of any numbers, but I have to believe there are a decent number of people playing on console. “Will we all see this releases at the same time?” This is what i want to know. I’d rather not watch all you new content on twitch again, I’d like to play it as well. 

27 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

One note tho... I don't think the new beta is related to the character rework... I think this is kinda two different issues...

btw i don't get why are waiting to start a world... even if the beta drops later.. I'm pretty sure the devs are gonna enable you to load you save file

1 minute ago, FreyaMaluk said:

btw i don't get why are waiting to start a world... even if the beta drops later.. I'm pretty sure the devs are gonna enable you to load you save file

I’m a returning console player. I left after endlessly waiting to receive the Forge that never came. I expected new content mid-April. I am currently playing my old world day 2500 and going through the ruins again. Fun times! I’ve beaten toadstool and Fuelweaver and made the iridescent gem. I was looking forward to being able to play new content. Now April looks like an endless wait again. 

Just now, Dynamix_Roxx said:

I’m a returning console player. I left after endlessly waiting to receive the Forge that never came. I expected new content mid-April. I am currently playing my old world day 2500 and going through the ruins again. Fun times! I’ve beaten toadstool and Fuelweaver and made the iridescent gem. I was looking forward to being able to play new content. Now April looks like an endless wait again. 

just send a tweet asking to the devs about this..

I hope we can get an answer on this... again I'm waiting WITH you too..

I think the devs never implemented Forge was for the costs and probably one reason they left them alone to make content updates for console players too...

I think we will be hearing for the devs a bit more in the coming week.. on this and in general about the other issues

1 hour ago, Marco BR said:

from my experience I doubt they will respond...

Or it will look like this...

This is from November 2018. I waited all of 2018 to hear this. I have no idea why I am still here. Maybe just to show my frustration. You know what it takes for a console player to sign up to your forums and post a complaint. Hundreds or thousands of other leaving. 

AB7C343A-620F-4122-B116-783036301B06.png

That quote makes me laugh. 

https://twitter.com/klei/status/921576574553546752?s=20

I’ll just keep on waiting then?

I personally liked having a downside for being low on sanity like starting fires in DS or being cold in DST. I feel like it makes more sense for her character. With the planned changes I don't see sanity or warmth ever being much of a problem.

When the first roadmap was announced Klei said they were trying to make the characters feel unique but from the changes they are planning I don't see her having a unique play-style at all. You stand near fires....that's pretty much her game play.

It feels like klei is trying to make the characters more team oriented, which is something I do like about the proposes changes. That being said it sounds like they are making Bernie into a second Abigail if Willow is insane which I'm not really a fan of.

Lastly, I hate to hop on the "Fire Immunity" train, but at this point I'm more curious as to why that is such a big problem for Klei to implement for willow. It seems they are extremely hesitant for a change that I feel wouldn't even make her overpowered. I honestly don't think I've ever died from fire in DST.

Side Note- I would like to see Bernie's recipe changed and I think her lighter should be infinite if not re-fuelable.

6 hours ago, pedregales said:

Fire immunity does not equal heat immunity though. So making her immune to fire damage would not make her immune to damage from heat induced by summer or being in the middle of a fire for too long. Full fire immunity is indeed not that great but could make Willow a much safer fire fighter overall.

Everything else I agree.

I've seen at least one person suggest immunity to summer's heat, which is why I mentioned it on the side. I know the summer heat and fire are both different mechanics. I probably worded that a bit weird, sorry.

People are complaining about Willow's rework as if you're going to play her for more than 2 games. Unless you're a Willow main.

Let's be honest here. She was a boring character from the moment she was added to the singleplayer. I mean, she was supposed to have fire-based perks in a game where fire doesn't play an important role.

And why do you all want that fire immunity so bad. When was the last time you died to standing near burning object.

I proposed some of my ideas of what Willow's perks could be like. One of them would probably satisfy most of yall: make her immune to being set on fire.

1 minute ago, FreyaMaluk said:

U mean.. She takes fire dmg but can't get set on fire? Did I get it correctly? 

...Willow stands next to burning object for more than 6 seconds-she takes dmg

Willow walks into magma-she doesn't get set on fire

1 minute ago, Szczuku said:

...Willow stands next to burning object for more than 6 seconds-she takes dmg

Willow walks into magma-she doesn't get set on fire

Yeap.. Ik from the update the 6 seconds.. 

The lava pools.. Yeap.. That'd be nice to not catch fire 

2 hours ago, BadScra said:

glowberryWillow.jpg.409152d74d6306a5e7506fa99c5fe4c1.jpg

That old woman who pull Willow, right? I'm not sure. woman's hair is black.

It's possible yeap.. 

24 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

And why do you all want that fire immunity so bad. When was the last time you died to standing near burning object.

Fire immunity isn't solely to avoid dying to fire. It's to utilize fire as a tool for various uses that can't be done currently without taking damage.

2 hours ago, Chris1448 said:

Fire immunity isn't solely to avoid dying to fire. It's to utilize fire as a tool for various uses that can't be done currently without taking damage.

Yeah and that's why they gave us 6 seconds of it. I mean you can utilize fire as Willow, it's jsut that you'll have to step away from enemy every 6 seconds.

It's really not that big of a deal since most bosses still attack while burning so you'll still have to kite and therefore move away from them

3 hours ago, Chris1448 said:

do you realize fire is more of a challenge than a tool?

2 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

do you realize fire is more of a challenge than a tool?

In defense of fire: Fire and fire damage is much more manageable and bearable in DST. Wild fires and other challenges can turned off in the world setting. I can understand people do not like burnt structures but didn't disease, earthquakes and bosses do almost the same? 

3 minutes ago, axxel said:

In defense of fire: Fire and fire damage is much more manageable and bearable in DST. Wild fires and other challenges can turned off in the world setting. I can understand people do not like burnt structures but didn't disease, earthquakes and bosses do almost the same? 

2 words... Public servers 

Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

2 words... Public servers 

It's ok to take a challenge to make a big and pretty(!) bases on publics. But the purpose of publics is getting along, learn and survive the game. It makes no sense to rage about someone who killed a red hound near the chests with no flingo on.

16 minutes ago, axxel said:

It's ok to take a challenge to make a big and pretty(!) bases on publics. But the purpose of publics is getting along, learn and survive the game. It makes no sense to rage about someone who killed a red hound near the chests with no flingo on.

If Willow was immune the griefing public server would be horrid.. More than it is rn.

Willow pretty killing everyone by setting things on fire... Next to them No penalties whatsoever... 

I think there are more creative ways to allo for Willow to do great.. But we need to take into account that there is a good reason she isn't immune... 

We need to wait for more info too.. I think there are more features coming according to JoeW 

14 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

If Willow was immune the griefing public server would be horrid.. More than it is rn.

Willow pretty killing everyone by setting things on fire... Next to them No penalties whatsoever... 

I think there are more creative ways to allo for Willow to do great.. But we need to take into account that there is a good reason she isn't immune... 

We need to wait for more info too.. I think there are more features coming according to JoeW 

Huh? I thought pan flute + walls or gun powder or a walled portal are the worst. What about banning a Willow griefer?

18 hours ago, Queron81 said:

She could craft a kind of molotov cocktail: the Hearthsfire Bomb, we also know from Forge, but it should also light things on fire in a certain area. She would need gun powder to craft it.

Just wanted to say that I love this idea. New ways to harness beautiful FIRE! And we'd actually get some vanilla content out of the Forge, yee.

47 minutes ago, axxel said:

Huh? I thought pan flute + walls or gun powder or a walled portal are the worst. What about banning a Willow griefer?

Legit, you don't even need that much. Within 2 seconds of spawning, a Webber can plant their spider nest and leave, griefing any newcomers that join after that point without even being on the server...and joining a server like that is the first impression of a fair few players who probably refunded the game.
With some more effort, Wickerbottom can do the same much more effectively, and make a trap that can be difficult even for the server's longer term players to deal with.
...we had a creative couple of Webbers that joined, walled the portal, and then lured the Bee Queen to it whenever a new player joined, deaggroing the queen at a point that would cause it to path back over the portal and murderate the trapped players. Big oofs were had. A for effort, though. It took forever for those of us who'd been on the server longer to notice, since none of us were passing by the portal; we just noticed that everyone was quitting moments after joining, haha.

While we could use some less destructive vanilla moderation options to deal with grief sources, fire itself (and Willow by extension) was never the issue. Jerks are. Fire is just flashy and easy to blame.

Archived