Willow Refresh Info and Roadmap Schedule Update

Just now, Nikki Darks said:

I kinda agree with that, I haven't seen one good, firm reason behind people being against her getting better perks. Most of them are "Griefing".

that's not true... 

as I said to YOU before... Willow needs MORE THAN fire immunity to be good... as good as Wicker or Wolfy.. 

i've suggested 2 ideas already and also some changes to the lighter like making the lighter "UPGRADEABLE:" that would be really cool

in a general sense, I think fire immunity CAN be cool.. but there needs to be more for Willow to be good... Willow is more than fire...

Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

that's not true... 

as I said to YOU before... Willow needs MORE THAN fire immunity to be good... as good as Wicker or Wolfy.. 

i've suggested 2 ideas already and also some changes to the lighter like making the lighter "UPGRADEABLE:" that would be really cool

in a general sense, I think fire immunity CAN be cool.. but there needs to be more for Willow to be good... Willow is more than fire...

I didn't specify people, but yeah, I think that she needs more, BUT infinite lighter and fire immunity NEED to be there so Willow feels like WILLOW.

I didn't specify people, but yeah, I think that she needs more, BUT infinite lighter and fire immunity NEED to be there so Willow feels like WILLOW.

I agree.. again.. as I said before... again some considerations need to work to allow Willow to be unique and Willow.. but also that Willow is part of the group and can chill and help others without burning them.

that's all I'm saying... 

infinite lighter... ofc... that makes sense... again I already built on that notion by suggesting UPGRADES for the lighter... so she can finally use her lighter as her only companion for light source... 

imagine you changing the radius or light or warmth of the lighter at will.. that would be dope

It would be interesting if they gave Willow a higher sanity regen from holding her lighter, so she actually has a reason to use it later on.

that could work... now... how can willow use fire to build up the group?

that's my question all along

7 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

No mention of balancing... just "gimme power pls"

no mention of Gatling turret feminist

5 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

imagine you changing the radius or light or warmth of the lighter at will.. that would be dope

i told you that exact idea and you said it won't work thanks for contradicting yourself again and taking my credit

Really, all I want is for someone to say "pick Willow" when I ask a server what character they need. That is all I want. That is all I want to hear.

"pick willow"

So simple, yet so hard. I get that refreshing a character literally based around a destructive force is a difficult, even a risky task. But really, all I want is for someone to actually WANT Willow. Perhaps even NEED Willow.

Perhaps I sound overdramatic, but I'm honestly so sick and tired of being discriminated and blamed for EVERYTHING when I'm playing Willow. Even If I'm loyal to the main base. Only once did I have a Woody sympathize with me. He asked "are they blaming you becuse your willow?"

Yes, Woody. They are blaming me because I'm Willow. They blame Willow for EVERYTHING.

1 minute ago, Terra_Zina said:

Really, all I want is for someone to say "pick Willow" when I ask a server what character they need. That is all I want. That is all I want to hear.

"pick willow"

So simple, yet so hard. I get that refreshing a character literally based around a destructive force is a difficult, even a risky task. But really, all I want is for someone to actually WANT Willow. Perhaps even NEED Willow.

Perhaps I sound overdramatic, but I'm honestly so sick and tired of being discriminated and blamed for EVERYTHING when I'm playing Willow. Even If I'm royal to the main base. Only once did I have a Woody sympathize with me. He asked "are they blaming you becuse your willow?"

Yes, Woody. They are blaming me because I'm Willow. They blame Willow for EVERYTHING.

I may have a more interesting proposal, I think that EVERY. SINGLE. CHARACTER. needs to have some levels of danger to using their perks.

Wicker has the tentacle book and the lightning book.
Willow SHOULD have fire as the danger for her perks.
Woodie's beaver form should probably trample things when low on wood without control (for example)
Winona's catapults should probably destroy structures if the rocks are thrown in that direction.

You catch my drift?

Why fix a character's danger level when easily every character can have a danger level.

It would make every player use their BRAINS while playing the game, instead of blaming one character for everything.

16 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

5ccb19f67d571_download(1).thumb.png.5cc0d7c54395079fb89463338463ba98.png

- Fire immunity is fun... it needs a counterbalance to not make Willow a fire player killer.. maybe a monster haunts her if a player is burning round her.. this could work with her "putting down fires new perk" (IMO should be at the cost of some sanity)

- I agree with lighter being infinite but I think it should be a Willow only item

- the speed movement needs a bit of adjustment I think... but there could be a fun feature... not so sure about that tbh

- she is gonna get a sanity regen with the update already while being close fire: including her lighter and any other fire sources makes total sense

In addition, Willow still gains sanity near fire and can still cook with her Lighter.

- I like the flame meter that it a clever idea to represent her compulsion around fire. this could combine perfectly with another idea I had before: braziers illuminating roads.. that would be really cool

- fire on the ground I disagree with.. it could be a real danger to other players of she does it by accident.. there are A LOT of miss-clicks with right-click abilities (Wortox, Wheeler)

1 minute ago, FreyaMaluk said:

5ccb19f67d571_download(1).thumb.png.5cc0d7c54395079fb89463338463ba98.png

- Fire immunity is fun... it needs a counterbalance to not make Willow a fire player killer.. maybe a monster haunts her if a player is burning round her..

- I agree with lighter being infinite but I think it should be a Willow only item

- the speed movement needs a bit of adjustment I think... but there could be a fun feature... not so sure about that tbh

- she is gonna get a sanity regen with the update already while being close fire: including her lighter and any other fire sources makes total sense

- I like the flame meter that it a clever idea to represent her compulsion around fire. this could combine perfectly with another idea I had before: braziers illuminating roads.. that would be really cool

- fire on the ground I disagree with.. it could be a real danger to other players of she does it by accident.. there are A LOT of miss-clicks with right-click abilities (Wortox, Wheeler)

On my idea of placing flames on the ground, the flames would not spread if she's near them, flingos don't put them out, but they do damage to creatures, and do damages to players but only in pvp. A fun way to bring back fire farms!

10 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

I may have a more interesting proposal, I think that EVERY. SINGLE. CHARACTER. needs to have some levels of danger to using their perks.

Wicker has the tentacle book and the lightning book.
Willow SHOULD have fire as the danger for her perks.
Woodie's beaver form should probably trample things when low on wood without control (for example)
Winona's catapults should probably destroy structures if the rocks are thrown in that direction.

You catch my drift?

Why fix a character's danger level when easily every character can have a danger level.

It would make every player use their BRAINS while playing the game, instead of blaming one character for everything.

there is a discrepancy here you see?

Wickerbottom is not immune to the tentacles... while Willow would be to flames if Klei decide to put fire immunity back

10 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

this is speculation.. not implemented in the game

there is a discrepancy chere you see?

Wickerbottom is not immune to the tentacles... while Willow would be if Klei decide to put fire immunity back

this is speculation.. not implemented in the game

Wait, that's not speculation, that's a proposal.

3 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

Yeah, an example of a proposal.

xD ...

and the discrepancy between the "dangers" between Wickerbottom and Willow?

7 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

there is a discrepancy here you see?

Wickerbottom is not immune to the tentacles... while Willow would be to flames if Klei decide to put fire immunity back

Wickerbottom was a bad example I'll admit, what I meant by characters should have as dangers is things that could possibly harm structures and player progress.

Destroying buildings, trees, huts, etc etc etc

Not really hurting players, and fire damage is BARELY even a player health danger. No matter how big the fire is.

6 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

Wickerbottom was a bad example I'll admit, what I meant by characters should have as dangers is things that could possibly harm structures and player progress.

Destroying buildings, trees, huts, etc etc etc

Not really hurting players, and fire damage is BARELY even a player health danger. No matter how big the fire is.

fire dmg is 12 per second.... that's quite a lot... Maxwell could die after 6,02 fire dmg seconds.. that assuming he has full hp..

and you cannot extinguish yourself unless you have a fan

25 minutes ago, Terra_Zina said:

"pick willow"

Perhaps I sound overdramatic, but I'm honestly so sick and tired of being discriminated and blamed for EVERYTHING when I'm playing Willow. Even If I'm loyal to the main base. Only once did I have a Woody sympathize with me. He asked "are they blaming you becuse your willow?"

At least there was Forge 2.0.

fire dmg is 12 per second.... that's quite a lot... Maxwell could die after 6,02 fire dmg seconds.. that assuming he has full hp..

But that requires you to STAND STILL inside the fire, and NOT walk away. Even when the base is burning down, if I saw even 1 smolder, I'd put it out, if EVERYTHING was smoldering, I'd simply run away, or yeah.... Flingomatics, Ice, Ice staves. It's VERY hard to die to fire unless you have 4 minutes of DST played, and don't know how the game works.

But that requires you to STAND STILL inside the fire, and NOT walk away. Even when the base is burning down, if I saw even 1 smolder, I'd put it out, if EVERYTHING was smoldering, I'd simply run away, or yeah....

that happens if you are burning.... doesn't matter if you run.. if you are burning you continue burning even if you are not standing on flames

I think that "if you have played DST more than 4 minutes" you probably should know that

that happens if you are burning.... doesn't matter if you run.. if you are burning you continue burning even if you are not standing on flames

I think that "if you have played DST more than 4 minutes" you probably should know that

Only things that actually set YOU on fire are lava pools, and pvp fire staff, if I'm not mistaken, nothing else. Or unless you play Wormwood mod in dst.

3 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

Only things that actually set YOU on fire are lava pools, and pvp fire staff, if I'm not mistaken, nothing else. Or unless you play Wormwood mod in dst.

this is what I mean

Willow could set up a ring of fire and fight alone in there but then other people would be forced to just watch or leave her fighting alone... other characters can't join her if all Willow's abilities are worked around fire

2 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

In what world, does that have ANYTHING to do with what the TWO OF US are discussing. Jeebus. I never mentioned that, that's not even in the game....

cuz it posses the question how fire immunity tactics would affect combat with other players if she gets that ability.. ofc is relevant... 

Archived