change the drop chance of bundling wrap blueprint with bees

i've gotten 10 blueprints in the matter of 10 minutes just killing bees with bearger. In DST you had to fight a very tough boss in order to get this very valuable blueprint and in this you just need to kill bees for a few minutes. I'm not saying you should remove bees dropping the blueprint. i think making the blueprint 3 times more rare would fix this. 

Bundling wraps are useful for so many things and i think it shouldn't drop more commonly than any other blueprint, especially since its considered a rare blueprint in DST.

What do you think?

it drops just like Webber;s skull but unlike the Skull which has a setting where if one is dropped in the world, no more will drop.

now for the Bundling Wrap, one can farm Blueprints by just killing bees and doing so allows one player to make a very large sanity recovery mechanism (although once you learn the Blueprint it stops dropping) 

I think the best option would be to either make the Bundling wrap a common recipe thus not require blueprint or make it available only in the Chest that pops up after defeating Ancient Guardian.

that way you will have either a powerful boss to face before you can get it or you just have it all along without hassling about it further. 

3 minutes ago, MWY said:

it drops just like Webber;s skull but unlike the Skull which has a setting where if one is dropped in the world, no more will drop.

now for the Bundling Wrap, one can farm Blueprints by just killing bees and doing so allows one player to make a very large sanity recovery mechanism (although once you learn the Blueprint it stops dropping) 

mine still drops even when its learned, maybe its a bug? sadly they don't stack so i have to pile them up and wait to get my inventory clearned, but honestly its not worth the space for that low amount of sanity.

1 minute ago, NotStarved said:

mine still drops even when its learned, maybe its a bug? sadly they don't stack so i have to pile them up and wait to get my inventory clearned, but honestly its not worth the space for that low amount of sanity.

oh, hmm odd, it seems not to be happening in my world since I got about 3 before I learned one and they were no more dropping.

and yeah, its like keeping Rabbits, stacking up inventory for a single morsel.

It would be great if bundling wrap blueprint was a drop from just bosses.

It's already a drop from Womant, I wouldn't like it to be Hamlet exclusive so maybe it should drop from Bearger.

Heck, maybe even a 10% chance from any boss? Just not bees, it's a bit too easy to get at this moment.

Not to mention that Womant and bearger are pretty easy compared to Bee Queen.

7 minutes ago, Hatano Eichero said:

It would be great if bundling wrap blueprint was a drop from just bosses.

It's already a drop from Womant, I wouldn't like it to be Hamlet exclusive so maybe it should drop from Bearger.

Heck, maybe even a 10% chance from any boss? Just not bees, it's a bit too easy to get at this moment.

Not to mention that Womant and bearger are pretty easy compared to Bee Queen.

pretty good suggestions!

Bee queen is impossible to solo in DST unless you use very odd methods like glitching out of world boundaries etc.

Tbh I don't think giving the bundling wraps from killer bees should be a thing in the first place. I hope the devs remove entirely to make it hamlet exclusive or give a special bee queen kinda boss for it. maybe even porting bee queen from dst. and if the current way is to stay the drop chance should be the same as krampus sack... cuz killing bees isn't that hard anyways

17 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Tbh I don't think giving the bundling wraps from killer bees should be a thing in the first place. I hope the devs remove entirely to make it hamlet exclusive or give a special bee queen kinda boss for it. maybe even porting bee queen from dst. and if the current way is to stay the drop chance should be the same as krampus sack... cuz killing bees isn't that hard anyways

IMO they should have just added the Queen Bee to the game, that would have made more sense difficulty wise.

4 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

IMO they should have just added the Queen Bee to the game, that would have made more sense difficulty wise.

That's what I said xD

22 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

maybe even porting bee queen from dst. 

15 hours ago, MWY said:

pretty good suggestions!

Bee queen is impossible to solo in DST unless you use very odd methods like glitching out of world boundaries etc.

she is pretty manageable in DST solo... u can build a tentacle trap with wicker, build bunny houses around her, make a labyrinth to melee her or use 2 panflutes and walking cane for direct contact

I do find it pretty odd that you can get the blueprint by either:

-Roaming around a labyrinth and then fighting a boss

Or

-Killing a bee

Like one is grossly more easy and convenient, it just doesn't make for good balance. Maybe make the blueprint drop from only Killer Bees? Or maybe even only Killer Bee Hives? At least then a greater challenge would be entailed.

9 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

I do find it pretty odd that you can get the blueprint by either:

-Roaming around a labyrinth and then fighting a boss

Or

-Killing a bee

Like one is grossly more easy and convenient, it just doesn't make for good balance. Maybe make the blueprint drop from only Killer Bees? Or maybe even only Killer Bee Hives? At least then a greater challenge would be entailed.

this is the reason why I suggested to either make the Bundling Wrap as a common recipe or make it loot acquired from very high status Boss.

but since its theme centres around Honey, Bees, and Queens that is why the closes thing in DS would obviously be Bees and in HAM in Wormant Queen.

Another thing,

Hamlet is considered a Harder DLC to play then RoG/Vanilla DS so maybe that is why such a recipe is locked behind a Boss, like for example there are no Touch stones in HAM and the only way you can get an extra life chance is either thru Meat Effigy or Fountain of Youth guarded by a Boss.

While we're on the short topic of Hamlet's difficulty, lemme just say that Hamlet really leaves me with a hankering for some more incentive bosses. In RoG, the bosses are seasonal, and hence their borderline-necessary drops come right to you; you can lure them away, but you're gonna have a rough time next season. Once you become a seasoned player though, the bosses become more of an inconvenience than anything, since, after all, they come right to you.

In SW, the only seasonal boss (Sealnado) drops an item which, while useful, is not a must-have. In fact, the only boss that drops a must-have item (Tiger Shark) is one that you actually have to go out and find and fight yourself (or hope she randomly spawns when you eat or ride a wave or etc), which I actually quite like, as it encourages exploration and attaches a sort of timer (as in if you don't get the Dumbrella by the end of Monsoon Season, you're gonna have a bad time), since the boss doesn't just come directly to you. It also remedies the problem of seasonal bosses only hampering late-game play, as the majority of SW bosses are "raid" bosses. It's an interesting form of difficulty.

Then you got Hamlet, with not only with 0 seasonal bosses (unless you count the Ancient Herald), but the "raid" bosses that do exist don't even drop necessary items that encourage you to go fight them. Hell, you can literally grab the Magic Water and run. What you get out of fighting the bosses is hardly worth the trouble, there's just little reason to go out of your way and fight them. It's really a shame, since I consider the Pugalisk to be THE most unique boss in the whole game, more akin to DST's bosses than anything else DS has to offer.

5 hours ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Hell, you can literally grab the Magic Water and run.

This has always bugged me about the Pugalisk fight. Activating the fountain should throw up an array of obsidian pillars that create an inescapable arena that will only drop after either you kill the pug or put the magic water back.

1 hour ago, JazzyGames said:

This has always bugged me about the Pugalisk fight. Activating the fountain should throw up an array of obsidian pillars that create an inescapable arena that will only drop after either you kill the pug or put the magic water back.

Telepoof intensifies. 

I'll agree, however, the fight should be forced once you grab the water.

20 hours ago, JazzyGames said:

I once led the Pugalisk into the jungle, which was overrun with snaptooths and beetles, so he could kill them for me, and that was way more fun than another dumb arena fight. So, no.

Archived