On Ranged Weapons

IT'S HIHG NOON  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favored ranged weapon?

Boomerangs tend to be the most affordable ranged weapon I can ever muster early-game, but even so, it's only ever for birds and if I'm willing to lose a good chunk of my health in public servers due to bad ping.

I certainly wish all forms of blow darts were to be more viable somehow! They just seem far too inconvenient to mass-produce considering how little damage overall they deal, even compared to even the humble spear. (20 blowdarts = 2,000 damage, 1 spear = 5,100)

There needs to be some change to Blowdarts. I think being able to craft the Reed Tube (5 Reeds, 2 Rope, unlimited durability), a weapon you can hold in your hand slot. If you have any blowdarts in your inventory, there will be a prompt to attack. If not, the item is useless. New Blowdart recipes: normal Blowdarts take 2 Jet Feathers (so you can craft them year round), a Stinger and 2 Twigs to craft, and gives you 2 Blowdarts when you craft it. Sleep Darts take 2 Azure Feathers, 2 Stingers and a 2 Twigs. Fire Darts now take 2 Crimson Feathers, 1 Charcoal and 2 Twigs. They now cook Meat that drops from mobs AND not reduce other drops to Ashes.

25 minutes ago, PriscaMitica said:

There needs to be some change to Blowdarts. I think being able to craft the Reed Tube (5 Reeds, 2 Rope, unlimited durability), a weapon you can hold in your hand slot. If you have any blowdarts in your inventory, there will be a prompt to attack. If not, the item is useless. New Blowdart recipes: normal Blowdarts take 2 Jet Feathers (so you can craft them year round), a Stinger and 2 Twigs to craft, and gives you 2 Blowdarts when you craft it. Sleep Darts take 2 Azure Feathers, 2 Stingers and a 2 Twigs. Fire Darts now take 2 Crimson Feathers, 1 Charcoal and 2 Twigs. They now cook Meat that drops from mobs AND not reduce other drops to Ashes.

Agreed, especially since we really need something to do with stingers. They're only used for sleep darts and booster shots. Booster shots you normally don't have to use much. Sleep darts you don't use much either because they deal no damage, one attack wakes up the mob and they have diminishing returns.

i use boomerangs the most because theyre just fun

i think darts in general should be reworked to consume teeth/charcoal/stingers/nitre (yes, nitre, not gold nugget) per use instead of the whole crafted blowdart. that would be a nice material sink for these respective items while making blowdarts useful instead of never being crafted at all like the sleep dart. there just needs to be a nerf for the damage and increase of the materials for the blowdart itself

Not always, if your too lazy for winter you can always make electric darts instead, and if you happen to be Krampus farming they can just be a nice byproduct, being much better than Azure or Red feathers.  Plus using the telelocator staff you can make the world rain on will, and (theoretically) electric darts could be very useful for the Bee Queen, as her grumble bees are very teleportation targets to make it rain.

21 hours ago, PriscaMitica said:

snip! :D

8 hours ago, Datanon said:

snap!

21 hours ago, TheOwl said:

snap!

Agreed, wholeheartedly. I suggest that Stingers be used to create weaker, 25 dmg per hit ammo or Sleep ammo... you'd probably also have to tack in a tranquilizer (Nightmare Fuel or something derived from Mandrakes, but with more potent sleeping effects as a result), and flame/electric darts. Probably even spitballs for your fellow survivors XD

Archived