Can we make a petition for Klei to let us disable INSANITY sound effects?

I love this game but the one thing that bothers me the most is when I'm on a journey while having my sanity pretty low and no way to regain it quickly and I have to listen to the insanity ear ringing for many minutes, sometimes even over half an hour and it gets super annoying.

It would be amazing to just have a simple option of disabling the ear ringing sound or making it more quiet please Klei I beg you!

8 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

Perhaps my mod may be of help to you in the time being: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=882610849

Note that its default setting does nothing, and the sound effect essentially turns off at 50% due to how FMOD handles things.

Your mod is a must for me.. Gj and Ty for sharing a cool solution to a very annoying feature. 

• Developer

Hey folks!

Thanks for the feedback! We're looking at few solutions for this, for both DST and DS. The sound is definitely way too loud and too constant, so we're going to make it a lot more dynamic and less grating overall. Also, once the idea is established, we'll bring the volume down and get it out of the way so it doesn't continue beating you over the head.

We're doing some internal testing and tweaking right now, and once we think it's in a place that feels better for both new players learning about insanity and experienced players staying insane for long periods, we'll push it out. The DS change will likely come one of the upcoming Hamlet bug fix patches, and the DST change would come with the next release!

After that point, if you currently use the mod to mute the sanity sound, we'd love it if you tried playing without the mod for a bit to see if our changes helped. If not, let us know and we'll happily keep working at it to make it better for you and everyone (and you can re-enable the mod in the meantime!).

Thanks again for bringing this up, we appreciate it.

While less noisy low sanity sounds in general would be nice, I'd specifically like something that reduced the non-functional low sanity effects for Maxwell when he's using his shadow servants. It just feels kind of counterintuitive to see him holding his head in pain and such from just using his abilities, y'know?

7 hours ago, jambell said:

Hey folks!

Thanks for the feedback! We're looking at few solutions for this, for both DST and DS. The sound is definitely way too loud and too constant, so we're going to make it a lot more dynamic and less grating overall. Also, once the idea is established, we'll bring the volume down and get it out of the way so it doesn't continue beating you over the head.

We're doing some internal testing and tweaking right now, and once we think it's in a place that feels better for both new players learning about insanity and experienced players staying insane for long periods, we'll push it out. The DS change will likely come one of the upcoming Hamlet bug fix patches, and the DST change would come with the next release!

After that point, if you currently use the mod to mute the sanity sound, we'd love it if you tried playing without the mod for a bit to see if our changes helped. If not, let us know and we'll happily keep working at it to make it better for you and everyone (and you can re-enable the mod in the meantime!).

Awesome Ty so much! 

Could you also consider adding options to regulate following sounds:

voice sounds?

Lucy? 

WX's overcharged? 

Pets? 

On 30. 3. 2019 at 12:29 AM, jambell said:

Hey folks!

YAY!! Thanks so much for listening to the community I love you guys, best developers ever!

• Developer
On 29/03/2019 at 11:49 PM, FreyaMaluk said:

Awesome Ty so much! 

Could you also consider adding options to regulate following sounds:

voice sounds?

Lucy? 

WX's overcharged? 

Pets? 

Adding these to the list to look at, too! Thanks for the request :)

20 minutes ago, RazingHel said:

Here’s a couple other sounds that get on player’s nerves: poop flies and trapped birds.

Those sounds aren't really that annoying and you can solve the problem by picking up the trap or putting the poop away in a chest.

Doesn't make sense to overcomplicate the sounds options  menu with things you can control. 

Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

Those sounds aren't really that annoying and you can solve the problem by picking up the trap or putting the poop away in a chest.

idk what i would do without the sound of the bird trap because I forgot it and then the sound remember to me that i have to do something with that

im using evry sound disabling mod which i can find like idea testing, glommer sound removal, silent birds....

sometimes when i play to much dst i hear the dst bee sound in my real life. its in my head

imo it would be fine if we could have all this sounds at 50% volume

but the worst sound of all is... RO BIN. i hate him. i cant have him near me without getting crazy headache. thanks god someone made a mod called stfu robin

36 minutes ago, Unn0ticedShadow said:

Am I the only person not annoyed by the insanity noise?  I mean it's not that interesting, but I don't find it "annoying", if anything I think the lack of color is more annoying, but if people are bothered by it, fix it.

same i keep getting attacked by terrerbeaks on forest turf without any idea where they are

2 hours ago, Unn0ticedShadow said:

Am I the only person not annoyed by the insanity noise?  I mean it's not that interesting, but I don't find it "annoying", if anything I think the lack of color is more annoying, but if people are bothered by it, fix it.

I think you are indeed the minority on that. Even the devs admitted the sounds are way too loud and they are already working on changing them. U can check the numbers of subs for the insanity sounds disable mod by @CarlZalph and draw your own conclusions.

As for me... Those sounds drive crazy irl... 

Archived