Jump to content

To Those Bickering About Paid DLC:


Recommended Posts

The small bit of Through the Ages we got was free. 

The entirety of A New Reign was free. 

Winona was free. 

They give away several skin drops for free a week, and recently they upped the amount of those that drop per week. 

They gave the game itself free to anyone who already had Don't Starve when DST was in early access. 

If you weren't there for some of those fine, but that doesn't mean they didn't happen. 

They've given us plenty for free, a little paid DLC isn't going to kill you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For god sake's they're giving out an entire DLC for free to thousands of people, it's not like we don't get much from them. They definitely deserve the money and it's not like you have to buy Wortox if you don't want to, just need to put in some effort to get him, just like unlocking a character in singleplayer.

At the end of the day they need to make money to help keep this game alive, so far they have been very generous and I think 7 bucks for a character is fair when we could have easily paid much more for the content that's already been added.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's a bunch they could've made paid DLC but didn't, just look at Forge/Gorge, and ANR. The only "DLC" we've had so far was purely cosmetic in the form of the skin chest bundles. 7 bucks for a character and a skin isn't gonna kill anyone. Well, maybe me cause I don't have money but I'm gonna weave him regardless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wortox costs about as much as a Subway sandwich and with the full set of skins is less than a movie ticket in many cities. Both are totally optional if you want to just play the game. I’ve always thought that the people who whine about this probably live with their parents and just think the world owes them free stuff because they’ve never known anything else. If so, they are in for a LOT of rude awakenings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember when people complained when Forge came out and you could buy the skins and some people started calling Klei EA and such I mean the skins are optional and Wortox can be waved which if you played a lot of Forge and Gorge you can easily get him also if you have a pc or a laptop that can run DST well then I don't believe that $10 is that much for a character and few skins.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

because dnak people ree just because they pay 10 dolars for a character they wont need.

but the general statement is that those people are bad. so why make a thread about it...its like beating a dead horse i guess venting is good but i can't help but feel the thing is "I want popular posts"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

but the general statement is that those people are bad. so why make a thread about it...its like beating a dead horse i guess venting is good but i can't help but feel the thing is "I want popular posts"

I don't think it's about the PEOPLE that are being bad, but the way people have reacted towards the small fee. Nothing personal against anyone, I only feel the reactions themselves have been unjust. 

I don't see anything bad with mentioning all these things Klei has given us for free, a lot of people might not know how much they have given the community for free. I didn't know (or remember, maybe I knew, dont know lol) about the DST for free thing. It's good information to have out there for those who still think Klei is now suddenly a money hungry monster - which just isn't true, now matter how much anyone twists it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Donke60 said:

but the general statement is that those people are bad. so why make a thread about it...its like beating a dead horse i guess venting is good but i can't help but feel the thing is "I want popular posts"

It's DST related so it's on topic, and it's about a recent trend I've seen that frustrated me so I felt like making a topic about it. 

"Why did you talk about something you thought about a game in a forum about that game? Surely you just want popularity." 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Karmattack said:

It's DST related so it's on topic, and it's about a recent trend I've seen that frustrated me so I felt like making a topic about it. 

"Why did you talk about something you thought about a game in a forum about that game? Surely you just want popularity." 

its not that people make topics like this is the frequency these topics pop up annoy me. the people complaining about wortox have as far as I've seen have contained itself to the "Wortox Arrival thread". yet here is your own topic to bring that out into more threads thats what annoys me. whenever there is a drama of a sort an it usually contains itself there will be 5 or so threads saying that those "bad" people should shut up an stop whining. I can go back 3 pages an not see this kiel is EA stuff on threads pertaining to wortox. so which means the bickering is contained to the Wortox arrival thread. So i simplely pose "why does this thread exist?" while it is certainly important to show the generosity of Klei as a company for those that do not know. but that could have been left to the arrival thread where it was taking place. but its instead out here in its only little thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

its not that people make topics like this is the frequency these topics pop up annoy me. the people complaining about wortox have as far as I've seen have contained itself to the "Wortox Arrival thread". yet here is your own topic to bring that out into more threads thats what annoys me. whenever there is a drama of a sort an it usually contains itself there will be 5 or so threads saying that those "bad" people should shut up an stop whining. I can go back 3 pages an not see this kiel is EA stuff on threads pertaining to wortox. so which means the bickering is contained to the Wortox arrival thread. So i simplely pose "why does this thread exist?" while it is certainly important to show the generosity of Klei as a company for those that do not know. but that could have been left to the arrival thread where it was taking place. but its instead out here in its only little thing.

That was a pretty long ramble just to say "I don't think more than one thread about a topic should exist", which is just silly. 

I felt like talking about it, so I made a topic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Karmattack said:

hat was a pretty long ramble just to say "I don't think more than one thread about a topic should exist", which is just silly. 

My point its annoying to see threads pop up saying "these people are bad" an treating them like there everywhere, when they are just one thread on self contained instance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

My point its annoying to see threads pop up saying "these people are bad" an treating them like there everywhere, when they are just one thread on self contained instance.

If you go to the Steam post announcing Wortox the comment section is swamped with people complaining about it too, and if you go to the discussions there it's around also. 

It's a strong enough sentiment to be annoying and I'm expressing my distaste about it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They need to realise that people need to make money. They wouldn't keep working for free, so why would Klei? It's dumb. I can't wrap my head around how they can think that Klei should keep working on new stuff and give it out for free. I guess they got spoiled by all the free stuff they've gotten before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/25/2019 at 9:42 PM, Karmattack said:

If you go to the Steam post announcing Wortox the comment section is swamped with people complaining about it too, and if you go to the discussions there it's around also. 

It's a strong enough sentiment to be annoying and I'm expressing my distaste about it. 

Ok, i'm back did you miss me of course not. hahahahah
anyway I took a look an searched woxtox's name etc an found very little hate. so I guess all those threads got deleted or this hate mob doesn't exist. or 3rd option it does but is on steam but somehow a forum thread from steam will reach those people over there....somehow

so then I looked at the update news an you were right they were their but it was self contained so I don't care. you'd have a point if there were 6 wortox or kiel hate threads but there isn't i only found one recent thread on the 3rd page



 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Donke60 said:

Ok, i'm back did you miss me of course not. hahahahah
anyway I took a look an searched woxtox's name etc an found very little hate. so I guess all those threads got deleted or this hate mob doesn't exist. or 3rd option it does but is on steam but somehow a forum thread from steam will reach those people over there....somehow

so then I looked at the update news an you were right they were their but it was self contained so I don't care. you'd have a point if there were 6 wortox or kiel hate threads but there isn't i only found one recent thread on the 3rd page



 

It doesn't matter if it's self contained , it's opinion I disagree with and I decided to make a topic about it.

If you don't like it you're free to just not read this topic. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...