Spiders are impossible now!

Sliver

Actually, the more I've been playing the more I'm really enjoying the new difficulty. I now take back what I said before, knowing that the nests having that many warrior spiders is actually a bug (actually an arachnid harharhar).I really like this update. Can't wait until all of the custom sandbox options are added in, I'd probably be happy even if that was all next update is.

Actually, the more I've been playing the more I'm really enjoying the new difficulty. I now take back what I said before, knowing that the nests having that many warrior spiders is actually a bug (actually an arachnid harharhar).I really like this update. Can't wait until all of the custom sandbox options are added in, I'd probably be happy even if that was all next update is.

I'm assuming the next couple of updates will be adding or adjusting things in the winter update. Now that Winter is so brutal I want Summer to be brutal as well with Fall and Spring being easy mode and a time for you to collect things.

Theres a pretty simple way to deal with spiders nests, even the level 3 types.Simply put up a fire near by at night and kill the basic spiders as they come out of the nest. (Yes there will be quite a few but they'll come out gradually rather than in one go). Kill all the basic ones by morning, walk up, hit the nest. Okay you now have 1-2 Guards to deal with, log suit and spear should make that no problem. Rince and repeat assuming you want to kill the nest off and get the egg. If not just kill the spiders by night to harvest silk and meat in large quantaties. The only "risk" with this method is that sanity will plummet due to being around so many monsters but some sweets and other such foods will take care of that. Or a bedroll once you've killed enough for the night.

They're not hard at all if you armor up and have food to heal back up. Even with Wes, tier 1 nests are cake with a logsuit & a spear. Get your 4 monster meat and a graveyard item for the pigking and then it's the op football helmet! A football helmet shouldn't block as much as the logsuit... especially considering how difficult it is to swap from the backpack to logsuit and vice-versa.There's more pigs on the map. There's less spiders. You need to farm silk fast to get those vests if you want to survive the winter, you'll get plenty of monster meat in the process, so football helmets are infinite once you hit day 10.Anyway, I haven't even survived past day 15 cause the winter busted me cold so I can't even see what's in a tier 3 den yet...

Yeah i commented on this when they made nerfs in the past.They went way overboard. Nerf player damage, nerf protection, buff monsters. Doing this all at the same time is poor for balance. Clearly they don't actually give a **** like i thought. They seemed to be toning down their mass balance changes where they double or triple nerf things. Guess not.

Place traps around the nest and kite them into them = Tons of silk and monster meat. And traps are really cheap to made.

Yeah they're really cheap to make, now that Hounds drop maybe 1 tooth per 10 hounds. You're looking at around day 30 before you even get one now.

I'm sorry but I have to say the new update is awesome, and from what I can see people just don't like the fact that they have to do a lot of things differently now. The fact that your more squishy and the mobs are harder just means you just have to make use of all the new items they've given you~ why bother using darts and boomerangs if you can just kill everything with spears and a logsuit. silk was way too easy before and even a spider queen went down super easy. The traps, to me, make it more about survival and proper hunting. In the real world you wouldn't take on a bear full force with armor and a weapon, you'd use bear traps and such. Yes you need lots of silk for things but your not supposed to be able to get ALL of those things at the very start~ People are just too use to being able to have almost every item in less then 20days and never worrying about death.as for the pan flute, i've heard the uses were raised up from 5. But even so on day 1-2 i used torches and followed every path on the map to quickly scope out the world and found 2 mandrakes on the way~ Change is hard but no one would be complaining if it was like this at the start. Unfortunately the voices of the people that don't like the update are louder then the people that do because they're busy playing and having a good time lol~Btw I'm not saying it's perfect and that people who are having problems are wrong, I'm just stating my honest opinion and hope that people who are having difficulty try out more of the new things and look for other creative ways to play the game over the next week before having such a strong opinion of it on day 2~

I tabbed out of my game to come to this thread, sorry for the double post but seriously?I never knew that rabbit traps worked on spiders, and i'm not even sure that are supposed to. But I took down a nest with Wes while wearing no armor by using 2 rabbit traps and a spear. The traps one shot them and they drop an item, then you pick up the trap and get ANOTHER item. I have 5 silk from 1 nest. If you didn't know this fine, ill give you a free pass. But now you do know this and have no excuse for complaining about level 1 spider nests ever again. This post is to no one specific, just to anyone who was having issues with spiders.

This is relevant here, reposting from my bug thread:Okay, so from what I can tell in the spiderden prefab, the maximum number of warriors is not how many warriors are in the nest, but instead how many warriors it can spawn on each hit.So that means that a level 1 spider den has 3 spiders, can spawn a maximum of 2 per time hit, and 1 of those can be a warrior each. Rather than the way it was before, which was it had 3 spiders, and up to 1 of them was a warrior. I don't know if this is intentional or not, because according to my math it makes these the most likely numbers:Level 1 Den- 2 warriors, 1 spiderLevel 2 Den- 4 warriors, 2 spidersLevel 3 Den- 6 warriors, 3 spidersMeaning that a den now has more warriors than regular spiders. Regardless of whether or not this is a coding oversight or an intentional change, that's kind of ridiculous.