Pretty good difficulty now!

I have come out of...I don't know where...He let me out for a short while...Yus klei succeded at making the game harder. The kiting that some mobs do don't allow you to farm pig meat or honey easily. Even bees kite very well in hordes!Armour is now like using paper on your body. You can't really use one armour if you want long fights. Now i seem to do a lot less damage too! Happy about the fact that it takes me a while to kill a tentacle. And i have been near death 6 times in a single world in the first 5 days, spiders are now pretty hard to pick a fight on with only a axe, mostly because now warriors can appear on level 1 dens. Wandering around killed me, tried to get Chester back from somewhere dangerous, surprise tentacle appears and pow! Dead.You guys noticed any differences on other monsters? The moskitos are annoying and i haven't tried to kill any beefaloes so far.Oh no here he comes again DON'T LET HIM TAKE ME OH GOD NOOO-...

That's if you play sandbox though and you MST play Adventure mode to unlock the options in sandbox mode. not to mention that in world 1 winter came on day 12 with like only 2 hours of daylight?! Dafug?!

Exactly! This must be a bug maybe? It was a bit of a shock for me aswell. And anybody noticing the snow during the FIRST night? I though OK they are making serious business here.Died on day 11. The game is stepping up guys!

Exactly! This must be a bug maybe? It was a bit of a shock for me as well. And anybody noticing the snow during the FIRST night? I though OK they are making serious business here.Died on day 11. The game is stepping up guys!

I didn't know it was snow because in my game it fell at night. I thought it was a massive amount of fireflies. Also walking around with the torch doesn't help keep you warm. It does help a little bit when it's not snowing but only for a couple of seconds.

The game is harder, but that's good its supposed to be. But now you can play wolf gang and make feed plentiful in the sandbox customization and even make it summer only if you want to. So really any complaints about it being too hard are really unfounded.

There should be a balance in the story mode as well though, you can not just say go to sandbox if you find it too difficult and bugger of.

I don't know if it's truely harder yet.It seems harder than it was yesterday, but tomorrow will seem easier than today.As we learn the strategies & tactics that work, will using them make the game more fun or not?Is hitting a tentacle 16 times instead of 12 more fun than, having to worry about being sneak attacked by some random mob with ranged capabilities while hitting that tentacle?

No one takes in consideration of the new players... This game must be impossible... Add in a sandbox mode with easy custom default levels (Easy, Medium, and Hard) so they can practise... I also read you need to play adventure to unlock these settings? Bad move.

No one takes in consideration of the new players... This game must be impossible... Add in a sandbox mode with easy custom default levels (Easy, Medium, and Hard) so they can practise... I also read you need to play adventure to unlock these settings? Bad move.

Yeah, I introduced the game to some friends of mine, but it was so hard for them in the start that they have stopped playing altogether now. Unless new players spend time learning the game and how it works, I can see lots of them being scared of, and that could mean a lot less sales made.

Yeah, I introduced the game to some friends of mine, but it was so hard for them in the start that they have stopped playing altogether now. Unless new players spend time learning the game and how it works, I can see lots of them being scared of, and that could mean a lot less sales made.

This is true. I'm an old gamer from way back and this game put me off (pissed me off actually) until I figured out how to manually make it playable for more than a few deaths (save game backup, no rot and continue after death mods mainly). All the things that could be in the game as a difficulty setting. Let the roque-types play the full punishing, unforgiving game and let the more casual gamers in on the game too.

I just hope they don't nerf it to much or not at all

The problem with that kind of thinking is that it might be fun for you that way, but horrible to most new players and those who are less adept at the game. It is fine wanting a difficult game, but if it is so difficult that many gamers stay away, than that means that the flow of post-release content will stop sooner.

Uh, i showed this game to my sister once. She was quite the newbie at survival games.She did die a lot, but learned with those deaths.She now makes better camps with more organized and effective resource stuff than i'll ever do. She's playing winter update now and she hasn't died at all, so, i don't really think the problem with newbies is THAT BIG.Ever saw The Binding of Isaac? Wooowhee. That game is harder than this one. You also must start from scratch if you die, and you learn with deaths, got a lot of sales for a indie rogue-like, newbies learn quick too like in DS.Players won't quit if they die 2 times, they'll probably keep trying. If not they probably are better off trying out something easier.

The problem with that kind of thinking is that it might be fun for you that way, but horrible to most new players and those who are less adept at the game. It is fine wanting a difficult game, but if it is so difficult that many gamers stay away, than that means that the flow of post-release content will stop sooner.

This.

Is hitting a tentacle 16 times instead of 12 more fun than,having to worry about being sneak attacked by some random mob with ranged capabilities while hitting that tentacle?

No, it's not more fun. It's just more annoying. It's just like the buffs to hounds. Making them run faster and hit harder didn't make them more "fun," it just make them more annoying. And now, instead of utilizing traps and baiting mechanics in the game, I just run around in a pig village until the hounds are dead. And I don't understand why armor needed to be nerfed if mobs are hitting harder, and players are taking more damage anyway. It just seems like overkill. Now I run around in a coat and a top hat anyway, and let the pigs do all the fighting. I get destroyed by hounds and tallbirds, especially with the inability to flinch lock things. I think the pooch was screwed on this one, personally. I was a fan of winter, a fan of spoilage, a fan of spider queens, treeguards, and the krampus, but this whole inability to kill a rabbit with one swing is stupid.

Uh, i showed this game to my sister once. She was quite the newbie at survival games.She did die a lot, but learned with those deaths.She now makes better camps with more organized and effective resource stuff than i'll ever do. She's playing winter update now and she hasn't died at all, so, i don't really think the problem with newbies is THAT BIG.Ever saw The Binding of Isaac? Wooowhee. That game is harder than this one. You also must start from scratch if you die, and you learn with deaths, got a lot of sales for a indie rogue-like, newbies learn quick too like in DS.Players won't quit if they die 2 times, they'll probably keep trying. If not they probably are better off trying out something easier.

The thing with BoI is, that it is a game you play for maybe 1 hour each run, tops (except when you spend most time gambling...).You don't really build a base, and most items you pick up are "friendly". You clearly know what's an enemy and what's not. You don't have sanity and food.In DS, you build a base, manage resources, eat, get insane... You can barely compare those two...

Well it does have some balancing problems indeed. But they will be tuned over time as hotfixes and the last batch of updates appear.I like it and newbie friends like the difficulty too. They do say the die a lot now, but they say they're having fun either way, and that their number of survived days is increasing as they learn. (Got a friend to buy the game. Liked it inmediately, and got some friends who play it too.)Only thing i see that is a little too hard is that even with tentacle spike it will take 3 hits to kill spiders. So there's little difference between a longer-lasting but weaker spear and less-lasting and slightly-more-damaging-but-not-anymore-due-to-nerfs-spike. Handling multiple ammount of warrior spiders is now quite the challenge, i've had to use bunny traps and some mad circling to get rid of a level 3 nest on my own, nearly died so many times, and then it was full moon and pigs were outside, had to run away with torches, remains of a football helmet and 40 health left.Now i feel that weird need to stay close to my camp due to pigs living around it and whatnot, but then i realize the ammount of food may not be enough for winter and i then i feel that fun feel to go outside and risk my life to get some food. Then when you barely get out alive from a near-death situation and go to your comfy and warm home you feel that first-night-minecraft-thing the devs were talking about. They got it perfectly. Now you can't simply tank 40 spiders on your own and left click your spear at them while they bite the living hell out of you. Now you gotta use strategy and something a gentleman scientist would do. (Totally putting bunny traps around the nest and dressing up in a armour made of wood along with a football helmet and a badly made spear. Makes sense for Wilson, eh?). Since you know, Wilson isn't quite the strong guy, just look at how he punches! He punches like a little girl!

I think why this game needs to be really hard is because of replayability. Seriously if a new player comes and would manage to reach like day 80 in like 5 deaths then he would already have everything in the game and it's basicly over. This is not a huge game. If a new player can get everything that there is in the game in 2 days there is a decent chance that he/she gets bored already and feels like he completed the game and stops playing. People say that if the game gets any harder it's gonna be impossible for new players. NO! It will just slow down progress and keep gamers play the game for a longer time. So it is actually a challenge to reach a level where you got basicly everything. I could continue but i have to go now. I think you got the point.