[Game Update] - 313352

• Developer

Changes

• Winona Character Update & Drop System Changes
  • Winona can now build new items: a catapult, a spotlight, and 2 rechargeable generators to power them.
  • Winona can now craft catapults that deal AoE damage to nearby enemies
  • Winona can now craft spotlights to illuminate nearby allies
  • Winona now consumes hunger when speed-crafting
  • Winona now crafts slowly when hungry (but doesn't consume hunger)

Bug Fixes

• Updated strings for examining Bee Boxes containing different amounts of honey.
  • Breezy Vest now provides a small amount of wetness protection.

View full update

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Winona's Catapult

Spoiler

winona_catapult-attack.gif.781ce65f6f0b04aad69a3d56d6838d2d.gif winona_catapult-death.gif.2948bb811d8dcdc1fea57fc98d69ec56.gif winona_catapult-idle.gif.f43ac245a65d2db93c8857743f21d2c0.gif

Winona's Spotlight

Spoiler

winona_spotlight-idle.gif.955ef0d3aea4f2dfa046820a780e2a83.gif winona_spotlight-idle-up.gif.a40b82be253ec2d52b11ab0cc0a8f55b.gif

Winona's Generator

Spoiler

winona_battery_low-charge.gif.d5006e3aefad8a8ad7ac588d9b1b789e.gif

Winona's G.E.M.erator

Spoiler

winona_battery_high-charge.gif.e958e0da1808c1e3e7bd5dcfd98ef643.gif

EDIT:  Forgot the new portrait, icons, and frames...

Character Portrait & Quote

Spoiler

winona_factory_oval.thumb.png.0f2d865daa22ad54ab95d83591a54c86.png

winona_factory = "\"Time to roll up my sleeves.\"",

Profile Icons

Spoiler

profileflair_factory.png.277cb494847fb8a2d1591ed3dc2fc1de.png profileflair_firesuppressor_circus.png.9ca6000a577bb4856d7d37ed5235be45.png

Portrait Frames

Spoiler

playerportrait_bg_factory.png.17e16db1704c6a275338093c1c1c07a9.png playerportrait_bg_firesuppressorcircus.png.fa398c9cf810c48a6cfff48812bfd53f.png

Edited by Instant-Noodles
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

devs, can u add a "turn off" button for the generator pls? The spotlights attached to the generator consume insane amounts of energy and it gets a bit too much babysitting IMO.

Maybe allow to configure in-game light settings? Something like: "only at night," "all day long," "from dusk till dawn"

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

devs, can u add a "turn off" button for the generator pls? The spotlights attached to the generator consume insane amounts of energy and it gets a bit too much babysitting IMO.

Maybe allow to configure in-game light settings? Something like: "only at night," "all day long," "from dusk till dawn"

This.

Also the spotilights could turn on automatically only when someone is nearby.

Im really liking winona's new stuff!

• The faster crafting is now more of a complete downside than something good, as it consumes 5 hunger each time you craft something.
  • You can make multiple things to be attached to just one generator, but the generator will drain faster (I added 5 catapults to one nittre generator and it depletes in very short time)
  • Multiple generators can power the same device, as they can overlap. Not sure which one it picks, or if it splits the energy consumed. What I know is that when one fails, the other will keep powering it.
  • Many mobs seems to keep the aggro on you even when the catapults are shooting, which is awesome, as you can run around in circles and they deal quite a punch.
  • Winona can fight mobs normally while getting her DPS  strongly increased by the catapults shooting from behind
  • Havent figured a clever use for the spotlight yet, but I love the concept so far. Looks like a cool thing to have in bases or roads. I wish they would only power on when someone is within range, and not all the time pointing at nothing and consuming power.
Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 4

One more skin you forgot @Instant-Noodles :wilson_love: can't get bigger version - sorry guys!

Spoiler

slice_4_2.png.ed901d3bd281abedd1174d34ee109849.png  bugnet_spider = "Ravenous Spidernet",

bugnet_spider = "This lil guy can't get enough! Don't worry though, he'll share everything he catches with you.",

Edited by Thalkas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is anyone experiencing issues on PS4?
My Husband and I both get a message stating 'dynamic content can not be loaded because of an error' since this update.
No matter if we select 'I understand' or 're-load' the load screen hangs for up to 10 minutes. (we got annoyed and closed the game after 10 minutes)

4 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

• Havent figured a clever use for the spotlight yet, but I love the concept so far. Looks like a cool thing to have in bases or roads. I wish they would only power on when someone is within range, and not all the time pointing at nothing and consuming power.

Also this.

Absolutely amazed by the work on Winona, really good improvements! We just need some time to get the inumerous possibilities to farm mobs and bosses with her catapult.

All I think she needs now is some Q.O.L on her generator's fuel mechanic because it can be very annoying to deal with not being able to turn on/off like a flingomatic.

So hyped for the next months!!!!!

8 hours ago, Thalkas said:

One more skin you forgo

He didn't forgot, but he told me Klei doesn't want him to post transparents of skins to quote here:

Instant NoodlesToday at 1:31 Am

Yes, but I've been previously asked by Klei not to share transparencies of skins that are from .dyn files.
It's why I put a grey background whenever I post animated gifs of skinned items/characters.
Sorry.

I have probably not played enough, but I can say:

• That I really hate her crafting costing hunger. An alchemy engine: 55 hunger (+5 from the science machine), spear and log armor 25 hunger, everytime you make a tool or a torch: 5 hunger down. This perk just makes crafting a chore (I mean, more than it already is). Though maybe late game it is not too annoying? I honestly doubt it.
  • Her catapult is nice. Against too many mobs (like a hound wave) they are a bit lackluster as they take a bit too long to kill them (they deal 43 damage, so they kill spiders and bees in 3 hits and hounds in 4, but they have a very slow attack speed), they do draw aggro from them (if they are too many some will attack them), and they can be destroyed by them (though that is very unlikely as they have a decent amount of health in 400, plus they heal themselves*; but the biggest wasted opportunity here is that you cannot "fix" them with trusty tape...). But against few enemies (like bosses) it is really effective as it is almost free extra damage; careful with bosses though, since most destroy them in 1 hit. It should be extra useful against antlion since it doesn't move (though I don't know if the range is enough to hit it without being broken by the spikes). I did find the AoE to be very small though (I think it is half the light radius of the spotlight).
  • I liked the spotlight but found it incomplete. They let you do things at night in your base without the need for a torch or campfire on (just a bit of nitre/gems). They also make fighting at night possible while keeping your headslot free from the miner hat (although the radius is a bit too small for it to be convenient). Of course, it is easily distracted by players (so if you are doing something, and someone gets just a little closer, you lose your light) and ghosts are illuminated too! And they are always on (becoming not only wasteful, as you said, but annoying). If you place more than 1 close enough, they will both target the closest player, which could be the same player, despite being able to target another player. For solo play the spotlight is good, for team play is very wonky.
  • The generators not being able to be turned on/off is a big turn-off, pun intended (I mean, this alone greatly impacts the catapult and the spotlight effectiveness). It is also a letdown that we cannot turn off machines that are connected to them (I surely don't need that spotlight during the day... although that one should turn off by itself during the day and turn on during night and while a player is within range, similar to Bernie with insane players). Finally, as I expected, the GEMerator outclasses quite quickly the generator, although gems are not 6 times as effective as nitre (as I assumed), but rather between 3 to 4 times as effective as nitre (still quite a lot), since 1 gem equals 2 days, while 1 nitre equals slightly over half a day.

*Show Me mod gives a lot of answers to my questions... Plus I played creative for a bit to test most things out, and also played regular to test a few other things out.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

He didn't forgot, but he told me Klei doesn't want him to post transparents of skins to quote here:

Instant NoodlesToday at 1:31 Am

Yes, but I've been previously asked by Klei not to share transparencies of skins that are from .dyn files.
It's why I put a grey background whenever I post animated gifs of skinned items/characters.
Sorry.

Hmmm .dyn files are "hard" to get. At this point I understand why Klei dont want to show this. My pic is from inventory images so I think I just cheat system.:wilson_evil:

• Thanks 1