Bunker door are curiously closing slowly

Well, I have 5 space scanners, and each one has 100% of efficiency in scan quality, what give me 83% of efficiency in scan network quality. The game tells me that they will detect incoming objects 167s to 200s before they arrive. They're linked to my bunker doors, which cover all the area of my asteroid. These doors are not connected to any power grid, only to an automation grid.

The wiki says that bunker doors's closing time is about 150s without any power. https://oxygennotincluded.gamepedia.com/Bunker_Door

But, in reality, my bunker doors are only closed to half when meteors come, and so everything below is destroyed.

So there is my question : Is it a bug, or an error in the wiki, or something that i'm not understanding ?

I would say, the wiki is outdated. Maybe it was that way, in the first release of space-tech. But bunker doors are already slow if powered. When you leave them unpowered, you can go hunting in the woods, cook the meat, have a good dinner, sleap well, and when you come back, the doors are hardly closed. 

Besides, whats the point of a powered thing, if you dont power it? Yes you could use a powertool, like a drill without power. But makes it any sense, unless you are forced to do so?

9 hours ago, nakomaru said:

It may depend on what you did. If it receives a signal to close while it is opening, it has to finish opening first.

It's not my case, but I still get 38.2s, which is much longer than wiki

6 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

the wiki is outdated

I like wiki. But this time, they just use an unfounded number. I got the number 38.2 in june 2018. They created the bunker door page in Sep.

On 3/6/2019 at 11:06 AM, Von Kartoffen said:

Well, I have 5 space scanners, and each one has 100% of efficiency in scan quality, what give me 83%

Hello, this is unrelated but I was curious about what it looked like.

Yeah, maybe that the wiki is outdated. I made some tests, and this is not an error with my space scanners, because meteors come in time. And my bunker doors are already openned, so this is not a problem of closing-while-it's-openning.

And there, a picture of my installation for Squeegee.

Spoiler

20190308190443_1.thumb.jpg.40df90d7ee117f31d55f28cdc18b31ee.jpg

8 minutes ago, Nitroturtle said:

So how long does it take unpowered bunker doors to open/close?  Is it under 200s, allowing a 100% network to work with unpowered doors?

It is longer than 200s, because even if my space scanners detect something, my bunker doors are not even closed at half when meteors come, and they can detect things 167s to 200s before it come.

2 hours ago, Hellshound38 said:

After a certain point of map complexity (for example Jetpack pathing lagging your game), a watched on screen door opens faster then an off-screen door.

This should be fixed now. It was an issue with doors not animating off screen. Now they do (after QoL2) or at least they should.

Archived