rabid beetles

I tried using the bugs b gone as suggested, but these freaking bugs murdered my computer's frame rate.

I am currently playing Ham&RoG&SW connected world, and I just can't check all the islands all the time just to prevent this. It's too much work.

20190216202725_1.jpg

3 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I remembered bug-eating as a thing in medieval age...

Why can't the pigs just go oink and eat every one when the bugs follow you into the city.

what if that could be added like maybe add explorer pigs that will steal stuff from the ruins as well as eating bugs that could be a new season Treasure Hunting Season they said they were going to add more of those and will make exploring more interesting like you find a party of explorers in the forest camping out and can fight them for their loot (they may have blunderbuss) what y'all think?

1 hour ago, S19TealPenguin said:

Honestly at this point I would just use godmode while clearing it out.

c_godmode()

My rationale is it's not cheating, you're using the intended tool for the intended problem. The godmode is to fix the unintended problem of having a framerate measured in decades.

What about just removing them all with the c_removeall("insertprefabnamehere") command? Wouldn't that work better since it's instant?

6 minutes ago, Namelessgamer said:

What cause of this? It happened to me too.

I am pretty sure it's the combo of their aggresiveness against the player and the number of leafy stalks. I would suggest to turn the life cycle 'off'.

4 hours ago, Atsumame said:

What about just removing them all with the c_removeall("insertprefabnamehere") command? Wouldn't that work better since it's instant?

That is a very good command, since Rabid Beetles respawn, removing them all from the world doesn't seem unfair nor cheating when stuff like this happens.

7 hours ago, Atsumame said:

This way feels (to me at least) like it's more cheating. Godmode + Bug B'Gone will only allow you to kill all rabids in the area you choose. Removeall kills them all instantly, no matter which island you are on.

Addendum to my previous to comments:

You are free to play the game any way you choose. Nothing is cheating unless you decide it is. I use cheats if I feel that a death was undeserved, or am unwilling to lose an item that is very difficult to regain (If I die in deep ocean and my items are going to sink, you bet I'll use cheats to save my tam and cane if winter is too far away. I will return the last 2 Doys Doys if they are killed. I will alt+F4 and go back a day if my flingo behaves in an odd way and my base burns down). c_removeall("   "), is a perfectly valid way to play the game. I choose not to use because it has the side effect of killing all beetles, without giving drops (I believe, you may still get drops). Also, remember to turn godmode off because nothing will change your stats while it is on (hunger won't drain, food won't restore health, insanity auras will have no effect).

5 hours ago, S19TealPenguin said:

You are free to play the game any way you choose. Nothing is cheating unless you decide it is. I use cheats if I feel that a death was undeserved, or am unwilling to lose an item that is very difficult to regain (If I die in deep ocean and my items are going to sink, you bet I'll use cheats to save my tam and cane if winter is too far away. I will return the last 2 Doys Doys if they are killed. I will alt+F4 and go back a day if my flingo behaves in an odd way and my base burns down). c_removeall("   "), is a perfectly valid way to play the game. I choose not to use because it has the side effect of killing all beetles, without giving drops (I believe, you may still get drops). Also, remember to turn godmode off because nothing will change your stats while it is on (hunger won't drain, food won't restore health, insanity auras will have no effect).

so u use all those cheat but refuse to delete all the rabid beetles that are lagging your world with a command? okay....

6 hours ago, S19TealPenguin said:

Dude, its a game, relax.

1 hour ago, Charsis said:

How is this not changed yet? What is going through Klei's heads?!

I heard they changed it but the change doesn't affect my world since my world is created before the update.

It's really sad if it's true. I've already played more than 500 days in that world.

16 minutes ago, jaqurian5 said:

I heard they changed it but the change doesn't affect my world since my world is created before the update.

It's really sad if it's true. I've already played more than 500 days in that world.

someone has a 1000+ day save here and well, their results were quite...rrrrabid!

Archived