Things to improve hamlet

Changes to existing content:

1. Boar's tusk weapon shop should sell gunpowder. Maybe 20 oincs?

2. There should be a limit to the amount of bats and beetles in a world. They make a lot of lag.

3. Compost wrap should only heal plants. Rubbing poop on a pig will not fix it.

4. Mant hills need more loot. Maybe throw in some unique drops from warrior Mants, like tentacle spikes with the mandibles.

5. Elder mandrakes should always be in their full moon state when playing as Wormwood.

6. Thunder nests with a live thunder bird attached to it should be able to create iron ore during humid season.

7. Ro-bin needs to grow into a new form like shadow/ice Chester.

1. Gunpowder would make sense, as you need it to break down suspicious cracks when there are no pillars nearby.

2. yes, definitely. the 1 day lifespan helps, but they're still laggy.

3. that's probably an oversight

4. I'd say they're mostly fine, though it would be nice if they were able to regenerate to make beecombs renewable

5. again, probably an  oversight

6. understandable logic, though at the same time, iron is easy enough to get.

7. I'll be damned if Ro-bin doesn't get any transformations, Though I'd also argue that ro-bin should have a few larger slots by default, due to being several times larger than chester, and Pakim, and technically taking more effort to hatch. requiring you to go to the BFB island and getting micro-managing the stone egg.

23 hours ago, Computer-7 said:

herald loot

a different way to stop the Aporkalypse

can we actually get the getting famous for surviving a one on one with roc added or was that not serious

I figured I would leave off the obvious things like Herald loot.

But the famous thing does sound cool!

Remove humid season might be the best idea

Because being slow + 50 Rabid Beetles chasing you + lighting +water + constant insane by the wet and lose 80% of vision is suck

This season happens in day 11 which is too early. The fog happens too frequently and you can not do anything about it

Pith hat cant remove the fog and bat cowl is expensive and unrenewable in hamlet, they also take the head slot and cant prevent water increasing

The season makes it too dangerous to go out, even stay in the base which is boring you still might get killed by those shadows or bats because you can't see them or wear a helmet in the fog

1 hour ago, thomasming said:

Remove humid season might be the best idea

Because being slow + 50 Rabid Beetles chasing you + lighting +water + constant insane by the wet and lose 80% of vision is suck

This season happens in day 11 which is too early. The fog happens too frequently and you can not do anything about it

Pith hat cant remove the fog and bat cowl is expensive and unrenewable in hamlet, they also take the head slot and cant prevent water increasing

The season makes it too dangerous to go out, even stay in the base which is boring you still might get killed by those shadows or bats because you can't see them or wear a helmet in the fog

Where do you even find so many Rabid Beetles these days? They've been nerfed to hell and back.

Either way, there's more items coming to combat the fog.

3 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

Where do you even find so many Rabid Beetles these days? They've been nerfed to hell and back.

Either way, there's more items coming to combat the fog.

Or just remove/nerfed the fog at the first place. The fog is not fun, it not challenging because nothing we can do to deal with. I have 300 days base ROG/SW and Ham connected and still can not deal with this season. Being slow and blind is boring and lame.

Honestly, Klei will have to do many things more to improve Hamlet.

1. Hamlet world is so small. 5 islands might be equal 1/3 ROG world and 1/10 SW to compare with

2. There is no farm in Hamlet. No pig, bunny, monkeys, fish or even bees. This game is Don't starve after all, we should have something to eat. I usually have to kill pig peoples for food, the loot is poor tho.  :v

3. There are no sources of gears in the early game for an icebox, If you unlucky there will be no gear in the shop. Many resources are unrenewable like spider monkey, red gems and blue gem except purple gem

4. Trees in Hamlet are sucks, they have no cone or you have wait til lush season to collect a few cones. Its take like 3 seasons to have a proper tree farm setup even with the help of pig shop. Sure you can hammer down those pig house for board, it much faster that way.

5. It is a pain in the ass to farm oins with berries, there should be another way more efficient. The banking pig should accept purple gem like 1 purple/day might be.

6. Beside the Oddities shop (selling gears, eyeball, Mandrake .....) which is ok but not that great. Hamlet have nothing special. Unless you play WX so the thunder bird could be useful. In ROG we have bosses is renewable and dealing with them is fun and challenging. In SW we have coffee and giant cactus which is very useful and also fun to have.

7. Hamlet still haven't has a teleportato yet

On 2/15/2019 at 3:33 PM, Mooagain said:

Changes to existing content:

1. Boar's tusk weapon shop should sell gunpowder. Maybe 20 oincs?

2. There should be a limit to the amount of bats and beetles in a world. They make a lot of lag.

3. Compost wrap should only heal plants. Rubbing poop on a pig will not fix it.

4. Mant hills need more loot. Maybe throw in some unique drops from warrior Mants, like tentacle spikes with the mandibles.

5. Elder mandrakes should always be in their full moon state when playing as Wormwood.

6. Thunder nests with a live thunder bird attached to it should be able to create iron ore during humid season.

7. Ro-bin needs to grow into a new form like shadow/ice Chester.

1. I don't see that's necessary IMO. I would rather see some sort of mob that dropped rotten eggs..

2. disagree... bat waves are the heart of the game... beetles were already nerfed.. I think they are ok the way they are atm.. if you have a hard time dealing with beetles use Bug B Gone

3. agreed

4. totally agree.. after the queen and some occasional honey there is really no reason to go back there

5. disagree.. but I would like them to have more interactions with Wormwood.. maybe befriending them... or they give him gifts.. dunno

6. ok

7. yeap... we need transformations for Ro Bin.. I suggested this a while ago..

Webber needs a buff or a removal of the shamlet mask in favor of them being passive

because if you are in fog when a bat attack comes (more common then you'd think)

you are dead

nothing else

no restarts

i shouldn't be expected to wear 3 hats at once thats not good design

also more anti bat measures other than pyro pigs please

and more ways to go through lush season

On 20/4/2019 at 4:22 AM, Mooagain said:

Didn’t some one find a fog remover in the code?

You can remove fog in the world customize option

Now to mention that I think the fog is exactly the same as sandstorm at Oasis in DST. You also be slow and blind in a sandstorm

The Desert Goggles not only can remove sandstorm but also have 20% wetness resistance. And much easier to make (1 gold 2 pigskins) it last 10 days

Bat cowl (1 gold 4 deeds 2 pigskins 1 batwing >> gold and bat wing is hard to get and the item only last 2 days) last 16 min = 2 days and unrenewable in Hamlet >> this item needs a buff

The Desert Goggles cant see in the dark but I prefer this item in Hamlet than most.

If Klei firmly to keep the fog (just a reskin of the sandstorm) in the game I think they should reskin Desert Goggles as well or let Bat cowl easier to make. The bat waves also drop bat wings maybe?

2 hours ago, Mooagain said:

I meant an in game item named fog remover. I think I saw it on the data mining thread.

Yeah, it's a firework, it shoots into the sky.

I guess after words the fogs disappears. 

It's there, but not in game quite yet.

Archived