[Game Update] - 308440

Jason

• Developer

Bug Fixes

• Known seeds will now grant Wormwood sanity boost like random seeds
  • Wormwood can only use Poop, Guano and Buckets-o-poop to heal. And the bucket gets more than one use. No more unintended Ash-strats.
  • Fixed crash when trying to drop equipped item in zoomed interface with controller.
  • Fix for potential crash when harvesting drying rack
  • Wormwoods planted seeds won’t crash the game when hit by a ground pound
  • Fix a rare assert when Wilba sometimes transformed back from wereform
  • Fixed potential assert with rainbow jelly migration.
  • Fixed the non random seed placer
  • No more seeds will spawn at 0,0,0 when Wormwoods plants them
  • Fixed a tuber tree crash
  • Fixed tumbleweed disappearing at the world edge.

View full update

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, Jason said:

Bug Fixes

• Wormwood can only use Poop, Guano and Buckets-o-poop to heal. And the bucket gets more than one use. No more unintended Ash-strats.

I thought Wormwood was going to be buffed, not nerfed? Healing from Ash was nice, even if the amount healed was too low to be worthwhile. At least let him heal from Rot. Taking 40 Rot into the Ruins is still silly, but at least it'd make the character somewhat more redeeming. He could (technically) Light Bulb chug like the rest of the cast then.

• Like 2

• Developer
21 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Has the frequency with which hippos drop horns changed? It used to be a guaranteed drop, but I just killed three and no horn.

It's 1 for 1 in the code. I'll investigate.

Edit: I investigated. Killed a hippo on steam and got an antler, seemed ok to me. Any other clues?

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's 1 for 1 in the code. I'll investigate.

Edit: I investigated. Killed a hippo on steam and got an antler, seemed ok to me. Any other clues?

Do they burn? Tbh, I killed one by hand and couldn’t find the horn but it was foggy. Then a robot arm killed two more and def no horn for either. 

24 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Do they burn? Tbh, I killed one by hand and couldn’t find the horn but it was foggy. Then a robot arm killed two more and def no horn for either. 

If a mob dies while on fire (not taking damage from other burning entities, the mob itself has to be on fire,) then all of its drops will turn to ash. Unless the item has a cooked version, in which case it'll drop as that cooked version.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Bug Fixes

• Known seeds will now grant Wormwood sanity boost like random seeds
  • Fixed crash when trying to drop equipped item in zoomed interface with controller.
  • Fix for potential crash when harvesting drying rack
  • Wormwoods planted seeds won’t crash the game when hit by a ground pound
  • Fix a rare assert when Wilba sometimes transformed back from wereform
  • Fixed potential assert with rainbow jelly migration.
  • Fixed the non random seed placer
  • No more seeds will spawn at 0,0,0 when Wormwoods plants them
  • Fixed a tuber tree crash
  • Fixed tumbleweed disappearing at the world edge.

View full update

Debuffs on the Ash and No buffs to his healing recipe makes him less interesting to play than before :/

it is really annoying to spend all your oincs on healing Items...

• Sad 1

• Developer

No, under certain circumstances the game crashed (a crash that throws up an error screen is an assert, whereas to me a crash is when the game full-out crashes to desktop - I tend to differentiate between the two).

As an aside, while fixing it I also discovered that some of them wouldn't properly migrate to the volcano, that should be fixed too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Field Field said:

If a mob dies while on fire (not taking damage from other burning entities, the mob itself has to be on fire,) then all of its drops will turn to ash. Unless the item has a cooked version, in which case it'll drop as that cooked version.

some items dont burn, right?

like the map you get from the pig thief.

12 hours ago, KCDA said:

I thought Wormwood was going to be buffed, not nerfed? Healing from Ash was nice, even if the amount healed was too low to be worthwhile. At least let him heal from Rot. Taking 40 Rot into the Ruins is still silly, but at least it'd make the character somewhat more redeeming. He could (technically) Light Bulb chug like the rest of the cast then.

Tbh i wanted this. Healing trough ash was just too easy and cheesy. I still love that the character requires to play differently from any other, especially early game, and ashe was destroying that part.
I would still like something more than speed on the blooming phase, perhaps self light would be an interesting mechanic to counter all the hardcore mechanics he have.

Still its a really fun character that i'm enjoying a lot to play with.
I'm up to give him even more goodies, but not to buff what makes him hard to play.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

There is something about wormwood, i planted both seeds, specific and random but i needed to grow them via fertilizer. I dont know what cause them to stop growing but for something like 60 days nothing changed. Sadly, i died before i thought about writing post about it co i cant upload save. Maybe it was because saving game? After planting random seed in game (wihout leaving game), they grew normally, in normal time. I could see them changing in day.

1 hour ago, AxynQ said:

There is something about wormwood, i planted both seeds, specific and random but i needed to grow them via fertilizer. I dont know what cause them to stop growing but for something like 60 days nothing changed. Sadly, i died before i thought about writing post about it co i cant upload save. Maybe it was because saving game? After planting random seed in game (wihout leaving game), they grew normally, in normal time. I could see them changing in day.

I’ve had this as well. Crops grow well at first, but as the world gets older, they stop.