is the gorge ever returning?

31 minutes ago, XxNeverKillsxX said:

I'm a new player to don't starve together. and I've missed the opportunity to play the gorge and forge (season 1). and after the return of the forge, ive been wondering if the gorge will return the same way. so is the gorge returning or what.

I'm an experienced player in DST and I don't know.

Spoiler

aoKZ3xw9_700w_0.jpg.4c774187e1599ab25f90d31e65bcf430.jpg

1 hour ago, XxNeverKillsxX said:

I'm a new player to don't starve together. and I've missed the opportunity to play the gorge and forge (season 1). and after the return of the forge, ive been wondering if the gorge will return the same way. so is the gorge returning or what :p.

in the "Dst in 2019..." thread JoeW said that maybe Gorge will return. We don't know when or if at all

49 minutes ago, Namelessgamer said:

They brought back the forge so gorge will probably return.

While I also think the Gorge (and the Forge) will return at some point, I don't think it would happen this year. As JoeW said: "We had a great time with The Forge and The Gorge, but we're ready to move on to new things for a while. Beginning with Lunar New Year we will return to concentrating on more new game content for Don't Starve Together. This doesn't mean that The Gorge and The Forge will never return, it's just not where we are going to be focusing for a while." 

As I understand it these events won't return any time soon.

I doubt they would spend ALL THAT TIME AND EFFORT on something they'd just throw away after one use. Look at the events in the base game, like Winter's Feast, for example- They recycle the same content because it's already complete and looks/works fine- If they remade everything new all the time it would be insane. The Forge coming back was great, it added new features and made the experience (for most) more enjoyable and had a bigger sense of being a part of it.

In short,

I would bet on The Gorge returning. Probably with tweaks as well as new features, just like The Forge. Klei wouldn't just use all those resources (Time is money, after all) on a one-off.

I do like to see the return of the gorge but I'm more interested in seeing what happens after the gorge, like where did the portal take us? Or what happened to Mumsy and her son? I'd be very pleased if the new permanent updates follow the events after the gorge. There is nothing more I love about this game than its lore.

14 hours ago, hl3bekliyenadam said:

I do like to see the return of the gorge but I'm more interested in seeing what happens after the gorge, like where did the portal take us? Or what happened to Mumsy and his son? I'd be very pleased if the new permanent updates follow the events after the gorge. There is nothing more I love about this game than its lore.

I see you accidentally misnouned Mumsy as a boy. Check the grammar, you put his in reference to Mumsy.

And my thoughts on the gorge returning, Klei will fix dieing in a fire from logs as well as new ingredients, new vegetables, but most importantly, getting new money and probably new equipment 

I hope they retweak something about the cook and farmer job, both are really boring if you are proficient with them. Remove the oven logic (more heat=faster cooking) and adding specific heat for each recipe plus cutting the ingredients (like in the trailer) would spice up the chief job. Reducing the amount of soil and giving more things to tend the crops would give the farmer more varity and management . The runner was actually fine as it is.

3 hours ago, axxel said:

I hope they retweak something about the cook and farmer job, both are really boring if you are proficient with them. Remove the oven logic (more heat=faster cooking) and adding specific heat for each recipe plus cutting the ingredients (like in the trailer) would spice up the chief job. Reducing the amount of soil and giving more things to tend the crops would give the farmer more varity and management . The runner was actually fine as it is.

Chief/Cook: Organizing all the food, making the right recipe, plan everything ahead, Multitasking - Boooooooring: You aren't skilled enough for that and use most of your time to check which recipe you need to make

Farmer: Organize the Seeds, make sure to give the cook every ingredient he needs, catch animals for meat - Boooooooring: You don't want to help your chief and he's supposed to organize everything by his own

Runner: Chop trees & walk a long path only to open a safe - Interesting as ****!

Chief & Farmer are "boring" because they're hard to play, unless you don't want to get high.
Runner is interesting cause he's probably the easiest job you can do but all you need to do is to chop & to run.

1 minute ago, Viktor234 said:

Chief/Cook: Organizing all the food, making the right recipe, plan everything ahead, Multitasking - Boooooooring: You aren't skilled enough for that and use most of your time to check which recipe you need to make

Farmer: Organize the Seeds, make sure to give the cook every ingredient he needs, catch animals for meat - Boooooooring: You don't want to help your chief and he's supposed to organize everything by his own

Runner: Chop trees & walk a long path only to open a safe - Interesting as ****!

Chief & Farmer are "boring" because they're hard to play, unless you don't want to get high.
Runner is interesting cause he's probably the easiest job you can do but all you need to do is to chop & to run.

It's my opinion. If people wanted to archieve a good highscore for the tournament, it's their right to do so. I hadn't the team to try that (many from my friend list are from different time zones or didn't like the event at all) but reading all the post about repeative tries to get a start without bread as a second craving and practicing runs over and over again isn't my style. It's also time consuming and I am not statisfied with that (actual work+household+partnership take up much time and the rest of that I rather playing for fun). So for normal runs (that's why I said 'if you are proficent with a job') there is almost a guranteed win unless you got a beginner in your team where I gladly help him/her to understand the tasks. I am pretty sure it took average 7/8 rounds to get the key unless someone wanted a specific archievement or recipe. You could handle most favours by milk and flour and the obligatory dessert. That's why most short games are boring for chief and farmer. Otherwise you are absolutely right with your argument in general

If Klei would add something new to the Gorge, like they did with Forge 2, they could do it with more goals for the community whose are more difficult to solve. Adding new tools, ingredients and missions would be a cool way to intruce newer players to the event and make it exciting fore veterans. Maybe the beast craves for a DRINK, RICE or whatever and the survivor has to solve the pig village's problem in between? I do not know what players want to expect from this, all I can is to make my suggestion about this,:)

On 14/1/2019 at 8:22 PM, Auth said:

I would bet on The Gorge returning. Probably with tweaks as well as new features, just like The Forge. Klei wouldn't just use all those resources (Time is money, after all) on a one-off.

True. After Forge, Gorge was the event with more Profiles icons, Portraits, and Vignettes for DST players.

With the return of Forge, people had the chance to get the missing ones for their collections. So, would be nice see this event again.

Archived