Whats with the recolour?

So, the menu's green, claw tree's are blue, the colour grading's all gloomy like the regular game, the grass is green like SW (but for some reason the item is still regular), and everything on the maps changed. There's stuff that might be changed I haven't seen yet, but still, whats with the colours?

44 minutes ago, hrugl said:

The old colors were better that's for sure, now it looks less "exotic", though I liked the tuber's new look

I find it's less the actual colours, and more that gloomy DS grading. It's reminding me of the Island Adventures mod for DST, which has the super colourful environment, but looks all dark and brown-green-ish.

I dunno I like it—especially the blue claw trees. It helps distinguish them a bit better.

Not sure how I feel about the menu though. (The Hamlet icon is red-ish now too!) The dark green packs more of a punch like RoG purple & SW blue, so it might be better after all.

It's hard to tell between "bad looking" or just "weird looking" due to having become accustom to the old. Will have to give it some time.

EDIT: Looks like the gas jungle could still use some love though.

14 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I dunno I like it—especially the blue claw trees. It helps distinguish them a bit better.

Not sure how I feel about the menu though. (The Hamlet icon is red-ish now too!) The dark green packs more of a punch like RoG purple & SW blue, so it might be better after all.

It's hard to tell between "bad looking" or just "weird looking" due to having become accustom to the old. Will have to give it some time.

EDIT: Looks like the gas jungle could still use some love though.

Claw trees aren't blue now, they are green. a very washed out green

12 minutes ago, FeNniX said:

New color of claw trees are cool. But I really liked green tint of lush season. Seemed more fitting.

agreed.. the lush season color seems more... well... alive...

I love this one specially in lush season in the afternoon.. looks awesome

20190111092356_1.thumb.jpg.814a25ffdbeb70f7bd601ebbae640dac.jpg

1 hour ago, AlexanderHawk21 said:

maybe there was too much pink, these new colors look as exotic though, and are much more easier on the eyes, for me atleast... also dunno why but humid season tint is now also greenish. either way it looks great!

there is pink everywhere and tbh I think that orange/yellow/pink palette makes for a very exotic feel and it's unique. the new colors seem washed out IMO. I doesn't have that punch so particular when u saw Hamlet for the first time.

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

there is pink everywhere and tbh I think that orange/yellow/pink palette makes for a very exotic feel and it's unique. the new colors seem washed out IMO. I doesn't have that punch so particular when u saw Hamlet for the first time.

looks like you're the only person to complain. just let it go. klei obviously intended a exotic theme for hamlet and here it is now. fits very well imo.

Obviously I say that the normal jungle turf is kinda oof but then I disagree with myself because it is supposed to be close to rainforest turf

then about the blue cork trees, I think is it very great because it is for the first time something that is blue / torquoise

1 hour ago, Ginosaji said:

looks like you're the only person to complain. just let it go. klei obviously intended a exotic theme for hamlet and here it is now. fits very well imo.

it's not only me!

compare these two pics and tell me honestly if the new colors don't look washed out to you... 

Old:

20181221121020_1.thumb.jpg.056c9b023353633b7c982f5ceaf7a31a.jpg

New:

20190111133534_1.thumb.jpg.d6a842f2c3b7fb2a9cea711d5c74e3be.jpg

New flowers? Sure. New tubers? Yeah! Blue Claw palm and new color cubes/grading? No, not really.

To be fair, the only thing I like here is the Tubers and the new flowers they added, the rest however, I really can't look at for a while. It makes it seem less tropical and exotic and more dried out. I miss the bright flourishing colors.

3 minutes ago, MWY said:

The game has an Movie-es-que like colour saturation going on.

(seen movies on HBO?)

and its supposed to fit with the theme of the game being washed out, scribbled, dreamy like.

that's what I think so no blameo please

remember this is supposed to be an exotic setting.. not a candy dream

tbh I don't see any real base in the game for justifying such a color downgrade. Specially cuz the old colors were vibrant and conveyed perfectly the exotic theme, which is actually something you can see in the game with the creatures and the jungle biomes.

Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

remember this is supposed to be an exotic setting.. not a candy dream

tbh I don't see any real base in the game for justifying such a color downgrade. Specially cuz the old colors were vibrant and conveyed perfectly the exotic theme, which is actually something you can see in the game with the creatures and the jungle biomes.

the game is a candy dream, its an old 1800s world where things were quite washed out.

I feel very relaxed and calm playing this now.

Archived