Slanty shanty burned down

2 hours ago, Field Field said:

The deed to my home burned to cinders in the house fire.

1 hour ago, Angel_Octoling said:

That's why you can't enter. Same here, you need to deed to keep the house. Pretty realistic. 

That's why you DON'T keep the deed to your house in your house. Put it in some container outside of the house.

but i have seen the little fox creatures stealing from the crate outside my house... what container outside the house is safe?

btw, when my house burned down with the deed inside i tried to hammer it to get raw materials and the house was whole again, with the deed still inside :D

13 minutes ago, Sopott said:

but i have seen the little fox creatures stealing from the crate outside my house... what container outside the house is safe?

btw, when my house burned down with the deed inside i tried to hammer it to get raw materials and the house was whole again, with the deed still inside :D

Cork barrel is Pog proof.

36 minutes ago, TheUnforgivingBR said:

I had the same problem. No response yet.

if your Slanty Shanty House Deed is inside the house and the house gets destroyed.

your deed will be lost and thus house rebuilt by porky hammer man will not be yours anymore, you will need to buy another deed.

On 1/2/2019 at 4:34 AM, FeNniX said:

So I bought slanty shanty. Next day lightning burned it down. Pigs repaired it but it's locked. I can't enter it neither buy another one. What can I do to access it, or will it remain permanently locked?

I've had this happen to me as well.  In the earlier builds, if my house burnt down and the pigs repaired it, I could just go in as usual.  At some point, an update changed this behavior and now the house is "locked" after it's repaired.  (This has occurred to me both when the pigs repair the house and when I repair it myself.)  I had to start a new game the first time it happened to me.  Now, I keep the deed/title to the house OUTSIDE (in a cork barrel next to the house). If you have the deed, you can unlock it again and it works normally after that.  

8 hours ago, MWY said:

if your Slanty Shanty House Deed is inside the house and the house gets destroyed.

your deed will be lost and thus house rebuilt by porky hammer man will not be yours anymore, you will need to buy another deed.

I have had my house burned down with the deed in it in two separate games.  both times, I could re-enter house after it was rebuilt.  Once I rebuilt it, another time a builder pig came and hammered my house back up.  I don't understand why others are unable to enter their rebuilt homes with the deed left in it, because I dont' have this problem... ?!?

ETA:  everything I left in the house was intact.  

Just made a new world and tested the issue.

Fun fact: The Deed of home ownership can not be lit on fire. neither directly nor indirectly. It can also not be used as fuel.

Another fun fact: Willow turned out to be the perfect choice for this.

Spoiler

BURN_IT_JUST_BURN_IT.thumb.png.0a3891b66a3290563fa417317859932d.png

I lit the house on fire with the deed in my inventory. Still mine. (That was kinda expectable, but I'm used to making controls.)

I placed the deed on the shelf and burned the house. Still mine.

I placed the deed on the ground and burned the house. Still mine.

I burned the house down, and let it being repaired off screen. Still mine. (I did that twice.)

Then, a guard saw me setting my own house on fire and got mad at me.

I burned the house, walked away, reloaded the file. Still mine.

A worker pig fell asleep next to my house. Poor guy.

It seems to me that the issue reported by the op is indeed a bug. Still no idea what exactly triggers this, though... (Maybe, it has something to do with lightning? Was the deed maybe placed inside a chest??)

8 hours ago, Lepeightl said:

Just made a new world and tested the issue.

Fun fact: The Deed of home ownership can not be lit on fire. neither directly nor indirectly. It can also not be used as fuel.

Another fun fact: Willow turned out to be the perfect choice for this.

Reveal hidden contents

BURN_IT_JUST_BURN_IT.thumb.png.0a3891b66a3290563fa417317859932d.png

I lit the house on fire with the deed in my inventory. Still mine. (That was kinda expectable, but I'm used to making controls.)

I placed the deed on the shelf and burned the house. Still mine.

I placed the deed on the ground and burned the house. Still mine.

I burned the house down, and let it being repaired off screen. Still mine. (I did that twice.)

Then, a guard saw me setting my own house on fire and got mad at me.

I burned the house, walked away, reloaded the file. Still mine.

A worker pig fell asleep next to my house. Poor guy.

It seems to me that the issue reported by the op is indeed a bug. Still no idea what exactly triggers this, though... (Maybe, it has something to do with lightning? Was the deed maybe placed inside a chest??)

you should def report this in the bug report section.. the deed shouldn't be flammable at all.. don't forget to add your save file to the bug report

11 hours ago, Lepeightl said:

The two times I've seen this problem was:

1. House was destroyed by the ROC/BFB - the pigs repaired it

2. House burned down due to a lightening strike - I repaired the house

Both times the house  was "Locked" after being repaired.  The first time it happened, I went to the Mayor's office and he did NOT have a Dead of House to purchase.  The second time, I left the deed outside so I just grabbed it and went in as normal.

8 hours ago, bizziboi said:

Could you please upload a save file with this issue if it happens again? I have tried to repro this and was unable.

The deed burning should make no difference.

Tried many times but managed to reproduce it only once. Used console a little bit. Mainly to get items and modify speed.

porkland_1

• Developer

Hmmm, I had a look at this save but something is strange about it. I guess it really matters what console commands you used.

Normally, when the player gets the deed a value is set on the player and it is never removed, no matter what happens to the deed - once you're a home owner you can enter slanty shanty - but this value is not set on the player in your save, which really puzzles me.

Will be monitoring this thread to see if any new information surfaces.

Archived