NERF ROC

JLee

I lost a run on day 15 due to the ROC spawning in and stomping on me. Literally RNG death. No way I could have time to develop ressurection items. Please nerf the damage to 50 HP... really unfair that you can lose a great world and run due to random chance....

No Klei don't listen. Do not nerf BFB.

As to op. That's not Rng death. You just probably played terribly bad.

Want to know why?

If you stand still BFB will land in a way to not stomp you. So for it to crush you, you literally had to run under its feet.

Also...

This game has always been based on RNG.

I just lost a great 45 day run becasue lighting hit me instead of my lightining rod and burned down my entire base. Then Flytrap killed me. You just have to know how to deal and minimalize Rng's influence on your game.

9 hours ago, JLee said:

I lost a run on day 15 due to the ROC spawning in and stomping on me. Literally RNG death. No way I could have time to develop ressurection items. Please nerf the damage to 50 HP... really unfair that you can lose a great world and run due to random chance....

I can get Resurrection items ready by day 5 so I don't see the problem also never been stomped by roc so stop being dumb and maybe you will live longer

Update: IT HAPPENED AGAIN. I WAS RUNNING AWAY FROM THE SHADOW AND IT KILLED ME. HOW THE **** DOES ONE AVOID IT

SOMEONE ******* TELL ME

Is it actually true if you just stand ******* still it **** off?

6 hours ago, Computer-7 said:

I can get Resurrection items ready by day 5 so I don't see the problem also never been stomped by roc so stop being dumb and maybe you will live longer

I don't really believe one can get one resurrection item by day 5 in Hamlet

if you mean

1. Meat effigy

• buildings: 1st science machine + 2nd tier science machine + flying pig + shadow manipulator
  • materials(mainly needed): purple gem + nightmarefuel(7) + beards

2. Red amulet:

• buildings: same as first one
  • materials: purple gem + red gem + azure feathers(4) + nightmarefuel(7 + 3 for amulet)

(whelp I forget there is red amulet shop at second island, this might works, but no one will equip amulet all the time?
because you have backpack to equip, and I don't like to enable some "convenient(cheaty) mods" like armor/backpack mod
for non-Wilba/(Character start with chisel tool) character are pretty hard to gather 50 oincs)

3. magic flower

• go to 3rd island, grab the magic flower and run or kill pugalisk

for first two, even if you start with a special character

• Maxwell(start with purple gem),
  • Wickerbottom(can craft some higher tier items without equal science machine),

Problems:

1. azure feather( drop in chance and you have to get silk( for boomerang which is pretty rare in early game )
  2. gems => rare and random chance
    even rush summoning ROC with legal way, the gem drops at island still random       
    => at ROC island, I got only 6 rocks one purple gem once, in some unfortunate cases you might only get 9 rocks
  3. nightmare fuel, whelp this might not problem as we know nightmare is easy, but lower your sanity isn't that easy with Maxwell
    and you can't find any green mushroom to help you
  4. gathering boards consumes you lots of time
  5. non-Wilson character has to kill two spider monkeys( take time to find and kill for 0 damage taken you can only land 1 hit each kite)

for the 3rd one, you're kidding me? Not everyone playing Wigfrid/Wolfgang( has pros at combat )

I know it probably works for any characters, but most "BOSS RUSH" that I've seen in video are destructive rush for the world gen

which mean the items they took/destroyed, might never regenerate over time

43 minutes ago, APLOML said:

1. Meat effigy

• buildings: 1st science machine + 2nd tier science machine + flying pig + shadow manipulator

You only need the first tier science machine to unlock the hogus porkusator (flying pig thing) and you only need the hogus porkusator to be able to craft a meat effigy. You don't need an alchemy engine nor a shadow manipulator.

Beards are also dirt cheap in hamlet due to the spider monkeys.

6 hours ago, JLee said:

Update: IT HAPPENED AGAIN. I WAS RUNNING AWAY FROM THE SHADOW AND IT KILLED ME. HOW THE **** DOES ONE AVOID IT

SOMEONE ******* TELL ME

Is it actually true if you just stand ******* still it **** off?

I've been stomped on a few times, so I understand the frustration... but the times I was stomped was when I was stupidly running back to pick up something like a drop from a bat.  To avoid it, always go in the opposite direction of the ROC shadow and never run toward the shadow.  I call the ROC all the time with the whistle and just stand still.  It won't land on me if I'm not moving.  
If you don't want to be picked up, you can run away after it lands.  Run in to a city or jungle.

1 hour ago, Philsam said:

(easy to get even on the second day)

How?

I guess you can start collecting some basic stuff, make a pickaxe and mine some gold in a cave. Then with some luck find some room with twigs and grass in some ruins, so you don't waste time on tall glass for  grass rope, cut some trees and make first tier science machine in day 1, Collect some charcoal and make a drying rack still on day 1. And maybe you still have chance to kill Snaptooth Seedling around the Snaptooth Flytrap and then the Snaptooth Flytrap on day 1. So it means, Flytrap Stalk dries out in only one day? To be honest I had never notice the time it takes.

18 hours ago, APLOML said:

I don't really believe one can get one resurrection item by day 5 in Hamlet

if you mean

1. Meat effigy

2. Red amulet:

• buildings: same as first one
  • materials: purple gem + red gem + azure feathers(4) + nightmarefuel(7 + 3 for amulet)

(whelp I forget there is red amulet shop at second island, this might works, but no one will equip amulet all the time?
because you have backpack to equip, and I don't like to enable some "convenient(cheaty) mods" like armor/backpack mod
for non-Wilba/(Character start with chisel tool) character are pretty hard to gather 50 oincs)

3. magic flower

• go to 3rd island, grab the magic flower and run or kill pugalisk

for first two, even if you start with a special character

• Maxwell(start with purple gem),
  • Wickerbottom(can craft some higher tier items without equal science machine),

Problems:

1. azure feather( drop in chance and you have to get silk( for boomerang which is pretty rare in early game )
  2. gems => rare and random chance
    even rush summoning ROC with legal way, the gem drops at island still random       
    => at ROC island, I got only 6 rocks one purple gem once, in some unfortunate cases you might only get 9 rocks
  3. nightmare fuel, whelp this might not problem as we know nightmare is easy, but lower your sanity isn't that easy with Maxwell
    and you can't find any green mushroom to help you
  4. gathering boards consumes you lots of time
  5. non-Wilson character has to kill two spider monkeys( take time to find and kill for 0 damage taken you can only land 1 hit each kite)

for the 3rd one, you're kidding me? Not everyone playing Wigfrid/Wolfgang( has pros at combat )

I know it probably works for any characters, but most "BOSS RUSH" that I've seen in video are destructive rush for the world gen

which mean the items they took/destroyed, might never regenerate over time

I meant go to the 2nd island and buy a life giving amulet you just equip it when roc spawns also never said I would use them said I could get them

Archived