A possible ''Show your base/city'' type thread?

I would love to see a thread where people can post snapshots of base/city design and people can chat about base building and possibly decorating. This would be for all levels of play. Small, large, beginner, and more advanced bases. I got the idea while consistently updating my most recent thread with pictures and became curious.

I think there are tons of resources for looking at DS, DST, and even shipwrecked bases. Hopfefully this might get some traction. If so, ill change the name of the thread to ''Show off your base/city thread!''.

I'll be posting mine soon enough. Would love to have someone get the ball rolling.

EDIT: Heres one from my last world which ended yesterday, ill be uploading my more current one in the morning. Just a small early base to get the ball rolling. :)

5.PNG

15 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Mine's here: 

Much better idea to do a thread with different bases and various players explaining their approaches...

Wow I love your base! I like how you have sectioned off things. Can you elaborate more on what you mean? I meant that this thread can be used for all different types of bases and approaches. Basically somewhere where anyone can show their base no matter what. So, im sure we will hear from a lot of different approaches from various players.

2 hours ago, Hx380 said:

I would have shared my base but unfortunatly i died and started a RoG game :/

Would love to see your starting RoG base at some point! Feel free to post it.

We need a place for people to post such creations. Incredible. I'm hoping this thread gains some traction and we see more bases in here. Once I see things ramping up ill get a moderator to change the thread title and I may add something in the OP with peoples names and links to their bases/creations if requested.

By the way @Field Field feel free to post whatever your base may look like. No need for proper. Any builds are welcome. :)

20 minutes ago, Field Field said:

I don't have a proper base yet, but here's a build I'm pretty proud of: an exotic bird sanctuary. Finished on day 97.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

This looks absolutely glorious

29 minutes ago, HarperDS said:
  Hide contents

Looking good! I have to give Webber a shot one day.

Im a minimalist so my bases usually don't look very good but they do their job well. 

I definitely recommend playing Webber, he's my favorite character <3

3 minutes ago, Hx380 said:

Im a minimalist so my bases usually don't look very good but they do their job well. 

I definitely recommend playing Webber, he's my favorite character <3

I can definitely appreciate the minimalist style. Its close to my own playstyle. Some of my favorite bases are the mini bases with that type of style.

@Field Field that is a simple yet gorgeous idea tho! I love it! look simply fantastic <3

Well, currently I'm in mid of my Hamlet play - this is the first time I use Maxwell so its kinda slow and simple..
But I want to share my in-house decor ~

If anyone wondering, I only use "Character Skin" and "Item Skin" Mod..

20181225011019_1.thumb.jpg.438941dbe2b67093d40364983b5cc346.jpg

I love seeing people's bases! I'm especially proud of my vanilla DS / RoG bases (600 and 1000 days!) but this is the hamlet forum so:

5c23d23d209bc_ScreenShot2018-12-26at11_08_37AM.thumb.png.268cbd3bc470afd062a1f9debe06640b.png

The outside has farms, grass/twigs, cork barrels that hold manure, tents, etc

5c23d243d80e8_ScreenShot2018-12-26at11_08_57AM.thumb.png.86401ee3fe0d4a586415f042eedc497f.png

first house is FULL of chests, also the bird takes up a good amount of space so it's crowded. it was the original slanty shanty. i really like the hedgehog rug/little hedgehog chia plant

5c23d2250e957_ScreenShot2018-12-22at10_51_05AM.thumb.png.d47c2ce37b0977f7d94baf00d6157108.png

newer house, to hold more trinkets and items and also to try different ways of decorating, lol

My original Herald Island base was lost due to YOLOing in the ruins, and then I built a new one with, I think, a better "downtown" design. I especially liked it because I built it around one of the statues that you chisel to get gold nuggets, so that it looked like the statue in a town square. But I also lost that save, so here is a recreation with the meat effigy as a much-less-cool statue.

5c27b7cb40e6e_ScreenShot2018-12-29at12_56_24PM.thumb.png.216cbdbfa21d61a6974ea7b73714fc22.png

I like this layout because everything fits on one screen and it's a quick trip from one shop to the other. Unfortunately, the hippos like it too and hang out there all the time, scaring the customers away.

I also decided to base in the fifth island. I completely torn down the first pig village and basicly moved it to the island with me. Im very happy with the results :D

I only use geometric placement, season clock and a mod which allows me to plant nettles to normal turf. And the last one might seem kinda like cheating but in my opinion the whole nettle thing should be changed in some way. its very annoying to find a water source next to a jungle with enough space to make a even a normal sized nettle farm. Maybe in the future we could dig up deep jungle turf and plant it?

Näyttökuva (80).png

Näyttökuva (83).png

Näyttökuva (82).png

Just recently started up my permanent base:

image.thumb.png.5425fdc5c8a37a350a8ee73fe26b8ef9.png

image.thumb.png.7822a7abecaa9da93724aee8cb85321d.png

image.thumb.png.082204dc00603a1e3f68ba7cc6a08c20.png

I wanted easy access to the city, but I didn't want to live IN it. I wanted as much open space as possible so I could do whatever I wanted without having to demolish anything in the city, and luckily there was this massive empty plot of farmland nearby. It's right on the lake, which is sweet. The lightning rod just north of my base on the small bridge connecting me to the city is a Piko farm (just a walled-off Powdercake. Take note that Pikos do not spawn from planted Tea Trees, only natural ones). There's also a single natural Guardtower to the southeast where nobody will notice, so I plan to farm him. I also do plan to restructure the city at one point to arrange all the shops to the south side, closest to me.

Archived