A possible ''Show your base/city'' type thread?

On 12/24/2018 at 8:08 PM, Field Field said:

I don't have a proper base yet, but here's a build I'm pretty proud of: an exotic bird sanctuary. Finished on day 97.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

your design is very nice but I'm absolutely sure u spawned many elements here and it's not something you "built" (where is the clock with day count?)

(Edit. my claims here aren't justified as later testing proved, pls ignore.. sorry)

1. I can't see a telelocator focus to get the Thunderbird or Gobbler there. Doydoys u can easily transport in your inventory so that wouldn't be a problem

2.... as of now it's impossible to travel with other chester-like creatures between dlc worlds.. (edit.. there is a glitch that allows this to be possible, Ty @TheOnlyGuyEver)

3. Most importantly... The only way u can travel between Shipwrecked back to Hamlet is if you have two Cans of Silly String to build 2 Seaworthy stations.. which as of now it's impossible to do this legit (edit. A balloon spawns in both SW and RoG worlds, if you hammer them you'll get the Can of Silly Strings)

11 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

2. Most importantly... as for now it's impossible to travel with other chester-like creatures between dlc worlds.. 

Actually you CAN. It's a glitch, but you can nonetheless. It's a very weird-behaving glitch, but it allows you to bring storage creatures like Packim and Chester between worlds, giving the potential to clone them infinitely, along with whatever's inside them. It's been a long time since I've done it, but if I recall, you lay the Eyebone or Fishbone or whatever near the Sea/Skyworthy, and when you hit yes on the prompt to travel between worlds, there is a very brief period where you can click on and pick up the bone, though your inventory must be full so that the bone is held in your cursor when you pick it up.

Just now, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Actually you CAN. It's a glitch, but you can nonetheless. It's a very weird-behaving glitch, but it allows you to bring storage creatures like Packim and Chester between worlds, giving the potential to clone them infinitely, along with whatever's inside them. It's been a long time since I've done it, but if I recall, you lay the Eyebone or Fishbone or whatever near the Sea/Skyworthy, and when you hit yes on the prompt to travel between worlds, there is a very brief period where you can click on and pick up the bone, though your inventory must be full so that the bone is held in your cursor when you pick it up.

they patched it long time ago.. it was around the time A New Reign released

5 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

they patched it long time ago.. it was around the time A New Reign released

Do you mean when the beginning was released or the end? Because I remember performing the glitch last year (2017). I remember I learned it was possible after watching Volx's "Chester Island" video.

Just now, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Do you mean when the beginning or was released or the end? Because I remember performing the glitch last year (2017). I remember I learned it was possible after watching Volx's "Chester Island" video.

Eyebone/Fishbone is properly ejected from backpacks when using seaworthy.

Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

Eyebone/Fishbone is properly ejected from backpacks when using seaworthy.

Yes, yes! I remember reading that patchnote! Because when I first found out about the glitch, I did hear that it was patched, and I read this, but then saw the Chester Island video (dated January of 2017), and tried it myself, and I can tell you, unless they made a new patch, it still works. You just have to have a full inventory so that the bone is held in your cursor.

10 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Yes, yes! I remember reading that patchnote! Because when I first found out about the glitch, I did hear that it was patched, and I read this, but then saw the Chester Island video (dated January of 2017), and tried it myself, and I can tell you, unless they made a new patch, it still works. You just have to have a full inventory so that the bone is held in your cursor.

I was able to replicate the bug ... but that doesn't take from my argument cuz u cannot build 2 Skyworthy stations to travel back and forth anyways

11 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

I assume you mean Skyworthy and not Seaworthy. Conceded. Though I hope they change that.

yeap.. I meant Skyworthy...

I'm absolutely sure they are gonna allow traveling between RoG, Hamlet and SW. You can actually see the Skyworthy recipe can be crafted in both RoG and SW, so I'm inclined to think they might add other ways to obtain more Cans of Silly Strings in both and SW and RoG or simply to get the other portals to travel between worlds.. but to pretend you can as of now is a bit deceiving IMO. 

5 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

So if I build the Skyworthy in my current Hamlet save and go to Shipwrecked, I won’t be able to return to Hamlet again? I thought the balloon wreck now appears in new SW maps and can be hammered to get silly string.

So I've heard rumors of this balloon. I couldn't be assed to check it until now. I did all of the below using commands to let me craft everything and reveal the whole map, for reference.

When I started a SW game, there was indeed a crashed balloon on an island. I went there, hammered it, and got the silly string, and left to a brand new Hamlet file. Oddly enough, a Skyworthy spawned right with me as soon as I entered the world (but ONLY for Hamlet, not SW or RoG. For whatever reason). I took this Skyworthy and left to RoG. Lo and behold, there was another balloon right next to the ship. I crafted a Skyworthy here and went back to SW, full circle. Also, an interesting thing to note is that while a Skyworthy did spawn with me whenever I traveled to Hamlet, it wouldn't stay when I left. If I left and came back, it'd put me right out at the normal spawning point (the crashed balloon), only for the Skyworthy to pop up and reappear.

Honestly I wish they'd just change the Xworthy mechanics to be standard all across the board. It's so confusing. The Seaworthy naturally spawns in SW. But in SW you have to craft the Skyworthy. Then if you travel to Hamlet a Skyworthy spawns right on top of you (regardless of if you travel from either RoG or SW), despite materials to craft one existing in the world, but this specific Skyworthy is not permanent and despawns if you leave for some reason, meaning that when you come back to Hamlet without a crafted Skyworthy existing in the Hamlet world, you'll spawn at the crashed balloon. Then if you travel to RoG you have to craft both the Seaworthy AND Skyworthy, because neither naturally spawn in the world, unlike SW and kinda Hamlet (if you count the above as "naturally spawning). Oh and also the Seaworthy can only travel to RoG but the Skyworthy can travel to any world.

Like dear lord.

9 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

your design is very nice but I'm absolutely sure u spawned many elements here and it's not something you "built" (where is the clock with day count?)

1. I can't see a telelocator focus to get the Thunderbird or Gobbler there. Doydoys u can easily transport in your inventory so that wouldn't be a problem

2.... as of now it's impossible to travel with other chester-like creatures between dlc worlds.. (edit.. there is a glitch that allows this to be possible, Ty @TheOnlyGuyEver)

3. Most importantly... The only way u can travel between Shipwrecked back to Hamlet is if you have two Cans of Silly String to build 2 Seaworthy stations.. which as of now it's impossible to do this legit

My only use of the console was to remove the HUD before taking screenshots. That's the standard for megabase pics, so I thought the same would be appreciated here. Here's some quick pictures I just took from the same world, a while after building the sanctuary:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5ab3f53b54712e5d7672101bc2e10d9b.png
me after beetle hunting with panflute + dark sword

image.thumb.png.44ee4097c6786aebdd2cae69b3a4fbe6.png
picture of the sanctuary and my "base" from the map. the two are connected via a cave cleft.

image.thumb.png.3e33de82114fdb1b77d6194afb0d66d5.png
picture of my "base"

image.thumb.png.6ffada5fa113f6198876b8389bdb8576.png
picture of the sanctuary

For your other points:

1. Telelocator focuses are not a permanent scar on your world whenever you place them down. I used two telelocator focuses to get the birds to the island, and then hammered them down once I was done like you can do with most any structure.

2. I did the glitch that was described by TheOnlyGuyEver. Something to note is that Ro Bin works slightly differently from other chest followers, so it's possible to get him and one other chest follower in the same world. It's impossible to get all 3 chest followers into one Hamlet world, though. The Eyebone and Fishbone share enough code that they won't spawn Chester/Packim if either follower exists in that layer. In RoG or SW, you can use a cave or the volcano to spawn both, but Hamlet only has a single layer (all interiors take place in the void.)

3. This is not at all true. RoG and SW both have wrecked balloons which drop silly string when hammered. Even in the hypothetical scenario that there's only one silly string in RoG, it would still be possible to use the teleportato to generate a new world and obtain more silly string. In the even more unlikely hypothetical scenario that God has abandoned us entirely, and the silly string in hamlet is the only silly string to ever exist in any world, I could do this:

Please don't accuse people of cheating due to your lack of knowledge on the game and its mechanics. In the future, consider saying "How did you get Packim into Hamlet?" rather than "You must be cheating. It is impossible to get Packim in Hamlet."

I'll make sure to include one screenshot of my messy inventory and day count in any future builds I post here.

11 hours ago, Field Field said:

My only use of the console was to remove the HUD before taking screenshots. That's the standard for megabase pics, so I thought the same would be appreciated here. Here's some quick pictures I just took from the same world, a while after building the sanctuary:

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.5ab3f53b54712e5d7672101bc2e10d9b.png
me after beetle hunting with panflute + dark sword

image.thumb.png.44ee4097c6786aebdd2cae69b3a4fbe6.png
picture of the sanctuary and my "base" from the map. the two are connected via a cave cleft.

image.thumb.png.3e33de82114fdb1b77d6194afb0d66d5.png
picture of my "base"

image.thumb.png.6ffada5fa113f6198876b8389bdb8576.png
picture of the 

Please don't accuse people of cheating due to your lack of knowledge on the game and its mechanics. In the future, consider saying "How did you get Packim into Hamlet?" rather than "You must be cheating. It is impossible to get Packim in Hamlet."

I'll make sure to include one screenshot of my messy inventory and day count in any future builds I post here.

Yeap... I admit my phrasing was poignant when I wrote it and I didn't experiment myself with world jumping in Hamlet cuz it is in an unstable EA stage at the moment. With that said, I did my testing and I found the balloons both in SW and in RoG so... I apologize for accusing u of cheating...

However, I think that if you wanna give an example or suggest I make my point in a less confrontational way... you should also do the same .... The "lack of knowledge of the game and it's mechanics" phrase also falls into the same category... u could have used a less peyorative way to phrase that.. right? Was that phrase necessary to make your point? Can u in good conscience say i know nothing about the game and its mechanics? Specially when I tought you the Ro Bin Whistle method on day one with no exploits? A good example for non confrontational argumentation was made by @TheOnlyGuyEver. Moreover, if you see I actually added an edit rectifying myself with the Packim comment before and now I also added an edit rectifying the whole claim.

You had listed all your arguments already but u couldn't resist to throw a lil shade nonetheless... did you? xD

With all that out of the way, let OP go back to be the thread talking about showcasing bases, shall we?

Archived