Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

fishoutofwater

dupes go to gym?

Gurgel    1,396
4 hours ago, axxionx12 said:

Is this actually a thing to build strength?? I didn't know you could level up strength...

Mopping up does increase strength. I have seen it happen under normal circumstances. An exercise machine would be a more obvious way though.

Nitroturtle    635
5 hours ago, axxionx12 said:

Is this actually a thing to build strength?? I didn't know you could level up strength...

Yeah I'm also curious if this works.

Lilalaunekuh    865

I build similar setups to generate clay while training my dupes:

Just a row of deodorizers and a hydro sensor in one corner. (If you like you can add timed doors using clock sensors so you only train one dupe for his full work day.)

=> If my hydrosensor goes below 100kg I will pump new polluted water inside

(Even if I keep a bottle emptier for polluted water my dupe will carry at max one bottle out of the gym each cycle.)

If your room is big enough (>10 tiles) your duplicant inside will mob without a break, given the right job priorities.

it really does increases strength, but when I built this my goal is to prevent my dupe from idling, I plan to decorate that 'gym' so my idling dupes can still get last decor thingy.

ONIfreak    147

I will try this in my new game. But i wiuld put this after exosuit checkpoint so they will not get debuff. Awesome idea though

Nitroturtle    635
4 hours ago, Nitroturtle said:

Yeah I'm also curious if this works.

So I tested myself, and answered my own question.  Definitely works, surprisingly well too.

goatt    285

Does this work for a single dupe training? How to make it work continuously? When I tried myself, dupes cleaned water and stopped. Thanks.

Yunru    1,140
57 minutes ago, goatt said:

Does this work for a single dupe training? How to make it work continuously? When I tried myself, dupes cleaned water and stopped. Thanks.

The bottle emptiers are key, make sure they're set to a higher priority than the mop tasks.

The dupes mop the water, deliver it to the bottle emptier, which empties it onto the as of yet done mopping tasks.

But most importantly: DON'T LET THEM FINISH MOPPING.

If it means setting a special schedule with breaks every other hour, fine. But they can't be allowed to finish mopping up a tile.

goatt    285
1 hour ago, Yunru said:

DON'T LET THEM FINISH MOPPING.

Yeah this is the tricky part. When I tried with 3 dupes, you know the 3 starting dupes with 3 emptier, one can continuously mop, but the other 2 are so fast. I had 3x 150 kg water. I also tried using liquid pump with 3 valves set to 200 g/s. 2 of them can done mopping very fast too. I also tried put them in 3 different spot, they also done mopping pretty fast. I have a feeling that there probably have to be at least 1 emptier dripping water all time. Oh i forgot to say, my mop was priority 5, and emptier was 9.

Do you have any suggestions?

mathmanican    2,354
2 hours ago, goatt said:

Does this work for a single dupe training? How to make it work continuously?

See @Lilalaunekuh's reply above (which I quote below). 

On 12/21/2018 at 4:49 PM, Lilalaunekuh said:

I build similar setups to generate clay while training my dupes:

Just a row of deodorizers and a hydro sensor in one corner. (If you like you can add timed doors using clock sensors so you only train one dupe for his full work day.)

=> If my hydrosensor goes below 100kg I will pump new polluted water inside

(Even if I keep a bottle emptier for polluted water my dupe will carry at max one bottle out of the gym each cycle.)

If your room is big enough (>10 tiles) your duplicant inside will mob without a break, given the right job priorities.

The last sentence is crucial.  One mop job, in a room with >10 tiles where water is being added via a pump at 10kgs/s, should never finish. Add more water per sec, and the room size shrinks. 

1 hour ago, Yunru said:

If it means setting a special schedule with breaks every other hour, fine. But they can't be allowed to finish mopping up a tile.

@Yunru, we could probably use an idea like this to force a dupe to stop mopping in 

Though if your mop commands are disappearing behind your door, then it won't matter.

goatt    285

@mathmanican I had the same idea of pumping water to the floor. But I feel reluctant to use it because then dupes will have to empty water in some way. If empty bottles using emptier, it’s a bit slow since emptiers only have capacity of 200 kg. If emptying bottles where they are is just a nasty clicking job cuz I remember there is not a drag and select emptying bottle action, I only saw emptying pipes. Besides, it moves large body of water over time and cost power. That’s why I used at most 200 g/s as I mentioned. I was thinking about a gym without a significant side effects. But if this is the only way, I might surrender.

Lilalaunekuh    865
2 hours ago, goatt said:

But I feel reluctant to use it because then dupes will have to empty water in some way.

If your using polluted water to train your duplicants your able to ignore the bottles.

Just let it off-gas to produce some clay/oxygen ;)

=> There is no need for a "slow" bottle emptier or manual emptying (if you got some spare polluted water^^)